Who remembers Don Smith's last carry for the Bills

Stallions

4 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Going to Miami likely got him too close to and into the coke thing. What a bad decision for a guy with such opportunities. Too bad. Hopefully he’s picked up the pieces.

No he totally deserved it. He was almost unstoppable ( yard per play was insane) if it weren’t for his coach being too stubborn to run 30 times into a 2-5 front. Facts.

I don’t remember a thing about him that game

I will on my death bed remember Bavaro and Ingram through total guts and sheer desire earning those first downs in horrible situations 

and Norwood of course....

Thurman is remembered for losing his helmet and cratering the second half against the Cowboys in the one that wasn’t a total massacre 

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

they didn’t vote for him because he didn’t remotely deserve it

95 percent of voters at the time would have remembered a losing team member winning it

Many of the voters said the next day "Oh, you can vote for someone from the losing team?  If I'd known that, I'd have voted for Thurman Thomas."  Enough said that to swing the vote his way.

No, I don't have a link.  Search the NYT archives.  It's where I read it after the game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I don’t remember a thing about him that game

I will on my death bed remember Bavaro and Ingram through total guts and sheer desire earning those first downs in horrible situations 

and Norwood of course....

Thurman is remembered for losing his helmet and cratering the second half against the Cowboys in the one that wasn’t a total massacre 

Different game and irrelevant to SB 25. 15 carries- 125 yards. Plus catches. It’s too bad Marv blew that game... sigh

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

This is an example of why I never idolize a player. I’m all behind my team, but I don’t know these guys from Adam. I wear Bills gear, but trust very few with being worth a jersey.  

You root for the laundry...

Can't remember which ESPN hot air bag said that 

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

they didn’t vote for him because he didn’t remotely deserve it

95 percent of voters at the time would have remembered a losing team member winning it

Besides being by far the best player on the field he didn't deserve it????