Bills to play most of the team vs. Jets including Josh Allen

Kirby Jackson

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Now list all the players that haven't missed a game due to injury.  Of course injury is a risk.  Everything in life is a risk unless you want to put yourself in a bubble.  Then again that's a risk because your house can burn down on top of your bubble.  You can get injured doing anything, anywhere, anytime.

Stop worrying about it.

I’m sorry, but that’s a ridiculous argument. Let me ask the question a different way. Do you agree that playing in an NFL football game increases the chance of sustaining an injury? 

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

If it works out fine I like it

if it turns out to be a disaster I don’t like it

I'd be ok with it if it wasn't Greg Williams defense. Being that it is, I just don't know man, I mean I wouldn't put anything past those dirty *****.

Let me ask one more question on that. Which of these scenarios do you prefer?

- A) Bills beat the Jets 35-0 and outgain them 5-1. Josh Allen suffers a high ankle sprain and won’t play for 4 to 6 weeks.

- B) Bills get beat 35-0 and are outgained 5-1. They enter the following week with the same health as this week

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m sorry, but that’s a ridiculous argument. Let me ask the question a different way. Do you agree that playing in an NFL football game increases the chance of sustaining an injury? 

Versus sitting at home? yeah. It makes no difference. Kolb got knocked out slipping on a rubber mat at practice.  Again, unless you want these guys to never leave their house until gameday, you won't convince me that they are at any more risk.  How many non contact injuries happen at practice in preseason?  All the damn time.  These are professional athletes that get paid well to play football.  Im not going to stress over some guys playing for a quarter.  I wouldn't even stress if they were playing the whole game.

I feel it benefits them to get as much REAL GAME experience that they can get.  The Jets game is REAL GAME experience.

4 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

If resting players will help them tackle better....rest 'em!

If playing players will help them tackle better....play 'em!

Tackling was horrible agains the Pats. Too many yards after first contact!

They missed 16 tackles vs the Pats. They also missed 16 tackles vs the Steelers.

In fact, the Bills D has the 2nd most missed tackles in the NFL was his season. It’s been an issue for awhile.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Let me ask one more question on that. Which of these scenarios do you prefer?

- A) Bills beat the Jets 35-0 and outgain them 5-1. Josh Allen suffers a high ankle sprain and won’t play for 4 to 6 weeks.

- B) Bills get beat 35-0 and are outgained 5-1. They enter the following week with the same health as this week

A) Allen doesn't play this week.  Stays healthy for playoff game.

Allen gets knocked out of playoff game on the first play

B) Allen plays this week gets injured

Allen cant play first game

Do either of these scenarios make one bit of difference on the result?

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Versus sitting at home? yeah. It makes no difference. Kolb got knocked out slipping on a rubber mat at practice.  Again, unless you want these guys to never leave their house until gameday, you won't convince me that they are at any more risk.  How many non contact injuries happen at practice in preseason? 

There’s a difference between, “there’s no such thing as being absolutely safe” and “it makes no difference what you do.”

Playing football poses a bigger risk of injury than sitting on the sideline. If you don’t understand that I don’t know what to tell you.

You’re argument is utterly ridiculous. I’m sure those who are debating this issue and are on your side would prefer it if you sat this one out.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Versus sitting at home? yeah. It makes no difference. Kolb got knocked out slipping on a rubber mat at practice.  Again, unless you want these guys to never leave their house until gameday, you won't convince me that they are at any more risk.  How many non contact injuries happen at practice in preseason?  All the damn time.  These are professional athletes that get paid well to play football.  Im not going to stress over some guys playing for a quarter.  I wouldn't even stress if they were playing the whole game.

I feel it benefits them to get as much REAL GAME experience that they can get.  The Jets game is REAL GAME experience.

Then why bring up the “you could get hit by a bus argument?” We both agree that guys are more likely to get hurt playing in an NFL game. You just said that. I’m saying “I’d rather see Josh Allen stand on the sidelines and not get hurt.” You are saying “I want him to play even though he is more likely to get hurt.”

Again, the “game experience” argument is BS. We have won after every loss this year so we bounce back fine. We scored 31 points out of the bye, 2nd highest of the year. Maybe rest is the key to being sharp? There is nothing to support rest not helping. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Then why bring up the “you could get hit by a bus argument?” We both agree that guys are more likely to get hurt playing in an NFL game. You just said that. I’m saying “I’d rather see Josh Allen stand on the sidelines and not get hurt.” You are saying “I want him to play even though he is more likely to get hurt.”

Again, the “game experience” argument is BS. We have won after every loss this year so we bounce back fine. We scored 31 points out of the bye, 2nd highest of the year. Maybe rest is the key to being sharp? There is nothing to support rest not helping. 

The argument is not BS.  You can't tell me that players don't get better as they play more football. If they didn't then Josh would have been a terrible draft selection.  

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

A) Allen doesn't play this week.  Stays healthy for playoff game.

B) Allen gets knocked out of playoff game on the first play

A) Allen plays this week gets injured

B) Allen cant play first game

Do either of these scenarios make one bit of difference on the result?

Yep, it is a HUGE difference!!!  If you get hurt in a meaningful game so be it. It’s the 4th preseason game argument!! You have nothing to gain getting hurt then. If you get hurt when it matters, it happens. If you get hurt when it doesn’t matter it’s a TERRIBLE decision. 

I’m sorry but if you can’t see the difference between the importance of this game and the game the following week we should stop talking. This is a RIDICULOUS argument. It’s kind of beyond ridiculous. If you want guys to play, we disagree. If you think getting hurt in a game that means nothing and getting hurt in a playoff game are the same thing we VEHEMENTLY disagree.

45 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

OMGoodness!!  Josh could trip down his own stairs on the way to practice too.

If God forbid anything happens to Josh 

i will find you and I will ??⛏⚰️

Kidding ?

Edited by Putin

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The argument is not BS.  You can't tell me that players don't get better as they play more football. If they didn't then Josh would have been a terrible draft selection.  

The Bills didn’t. They played well off rest. That’s a fact. The Bills are 5-0 off a bye since 2015 (best win percentage in the NFL).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, it is a HUGE difference!!!  If you get hurt in a meaningful game so be it. It’s the 4th preseason game argument!! You have nothing to gain getting hurt then. If you get hurt when it matters, it happens. If you get hurt when it doesn’t matter it’s a TERRIBLE decision. 

I’m sorry but if you can’t see the difference between the importance of this game and the game the following week we should stop talking. This is a RIDICULOUS argument. It’s kind of beyond ridiculous. If you want guys to play, we disagree. If you think getting hurt in a game that means nothing and getting hurt in a playoff game are the same thing we VEHEMENTLY disagree.

There is no difference other than your perception.  The end result is the same.  If he got hurt in practice and it happens just as much as in a game. The result is still the same. Is practice meaningful to you?

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

If God forbid anything happens to Josh 

i will find you and I will ??⛏⚰️

So come find me.  It still wouldn't make a bit of difference.  Ironically I live on "Allen St."  and I have to pass by "Brady St." Every damn day on the way to work.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills didn’t. They played well off rest. That’s a fact. The Bills are 5-0 off a bye since 2015 (beat win percentage in the NFL).

So you are saying that Josh has not gotten better over the course of the season?  The whole team has.  Even the coaching.

Edited by Scott7975

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

There is no difference other than your perception.  The end result is the same.  If he got hurt in practice and it happens just as much as in a game. The result is still the same. Is practice meaningful to you?

So come find me.  It still wouldn't make a bit of difference.

So you are saying that Josh has not gotten better over the course of the season?

You are more likely to get hurt playing an NFL game than not. If Josh Allen stands on the sideline on Sunday he is less likely to get hurt than playing. You’ve already agreed. He is going to do one of those two things. My opinion is “do what is less likely to injure him.” You are saying “do what is more likely to injure him.” We aren’t even debating that. We are in agreement.

Josh has gotten better. The next week’s game hasn’t always been better than the week before. It’s been some up and down but Josh is improving. He’s going to be good and he’s tough in big games. It would be a disaster if he didn’t have a chance in the biggest game of his career.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

You are more likely to get hurt playing an NFL game than not. If Josh Allen stands on the sideline on Sunday he is less likely to get hurt than playing. You’ve already agreed. He is going to do one of those two things. My opinion is “do what is less likely to injure him.” You are saying “do what is more likely to injure him.” We aren’t even debating that. We are in agreement.

Yeah but its not flipping a coin or anything.  Again... people lose their whole season just from practice.  They don't have to play football to get injured.  I think the pro of getting more experience is worth the same risk he has every day of his life anyways.

You haven't answered... is practice meaningless to you?