Bills to play most of the team vs. Jets including Josh Allen

Kirby Jackson

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1 quarter will be 16 plays based on the average Bills game.

I don’t want any of those important players exposed to 16 chances for injuries. This home especially true playing against a real NFL defense instead of the vanilla pro bowl defense of preseason game 4. 1 injury and it’s a nightmare. 2 scoring drives and it’s meaningless. Again, our 2nd best offensive output of the season was off of a bye week. 

I guess I can keep saying it over and over but no one will ever convince me that this is a good idea. You can stick your hand near a fire and not get burned. You can stick your hand near a fire and get burned. The outcome doesn’t make it a good decision to stick your hand near the fire.

Well perhaps they should also just lock themselves in the house this week too.  It isn't worth risking getting in a car accident on the way to practice.  A practice that also isn't worth it because they could get injured there.  There is a 4.1% chance of getting an injury in a football game that keeps you out of the next game according to the statistics.  A car accident where someone gets injured happens every 14 seconds according to statistic.  Someone dies from a car accident every 12 minutes.

Stop fearing injury.  

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t like it personally. There is NO upside imo. What do you guys think?

They are a young team but I would sit every starter i could.

Not worth the  injuries and no different than a bye week, let em sit.

4 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Ugh. I suspect I get McD’s thinking in the aspect of all games are important, particularly the next. I understand that but I also get the big picture and would much rather the guys who are critical or dinged-up had a week off. 

except that this game has no importance at all, all that matters now is game one in the Playoffs.

We could make a run in the playoffs, but aren’t a realistic contender for winning the Super Bowl. If we were a contender with an experienced QB, I’d say sit the starters. Our guys need experience, and Allen is just as likely to get hurt next preseason. It’s not all about this postseason, it’s about building a sustainable future. Getting reps helps with that. If someone does get hurt, are we really going to say that’s the reason we didn’t win the Super Bowl? This is all about the big picture,  not just this postseason. 

52 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Again, our 2nd best offensive output of the season was off of a bye week. 

That output was also against the Dolphins.  Which is the same team we had our best output against.  And it was on the road.

so we did worse against them when we had rest.

Meh. 

The argument can be made from either position. 

I trust McD. 

59 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1 quarter will be 16 plays based on the average Bills game.

I don’t want any of those important players exposed to 16 chances for injuries. This home especially true playing against a real NFL defense instead of the vanilla pro bowl defense of preseason game 4. 1 injury and it’s a nightmare. 2 scoring drives and it’s meaningless. Again, our 2nd best offensive output of the season was off of a bye week. 

I guess I can keep saying it over and over but no one will ever convince me that this is a good idea. You can stick your hand near a fire and not get burned. You can stick your hand near a fire and get burned. The outcome doesn’t make it a good decision to stick your hand near the fire.

But is trying to win a football game the equivalent of sticking your hand near a fire?

10 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

We could make a run in the playoffs, but aren’t a realistic contender for winning the Super Bowl. If we were a contender with an experienced QB, I’d say sit the starters. Our guys need experience, and Allen is just as likely to get hurt next preseason. It’s not all about this postseason, it’s about building a sustainable future. Getting reps helps with that. If someone does get hurt, are we really going to say that’s the reason we didn’t win the Super Bowl? This is all about the big picture,  not just this postseason. 

When does Bellicheat rest his players?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I wish the NFL would expand the rosters like MLB does

I think they should be able to dress 63 for week 17 and beyond.

Kind of a reward for the PS guys plus the regular inactives. 

I think it's crazy that MLB expands their rosters so much.  I think there is good reason to think the NFL rosters should have a couple more active rosters spots, but nothing like what MLB does.

20 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

So stupid. An offensive lineman could get pushed into josh Allen during a running play too.

there are many ways in which the starters could get injured.

dumb. 

OMGoodness!!  Josh could trip down his own stairs on the way to practice too.

18 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Meh. 

The argument can be made from either position. 

I trust McD. 

But is trying to win a football game the equivalent of sticking your hand near a fire?

When does Bellicheat rest his players?

In this case it absolutely, 100% is the same. If it was the difference in the 5 seed or 6 seed then no. If the division was still at stake, of course not. If the Bills win 52-0 or lose 52-0 they are in the exact same spot.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

In this case it absolutely, 100% is the same. If it was the difference in the 5 seed or 6 seed then no. If the division was still at stake, of course not. If the Bills win 52-0 or lose 52-0 they are in the exact same spot.

How about winning is contagious?
winning is about putting in the work?

i obviously agree and am a bit torn on the issue myself. I just don’t see the analogues. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Well perhaps they should also just lock themselves in the house this week too.  It isn't worth risking getting in a car accident on the way to practice.  A practice that also isn't worth it because they could get injured there.  There is a 4.1% chance of getting an injury in a football game that keeps you out of the next game according to the statistics.  A car accident where someone gets injured happens every 14 seconds according to statistic.  Someone dies from a car accident every 12 minutes.

Stop fearing injury.  

Here are some stars that have missed games this year because of injury: Dalvin Cook, Chris Carson, Drew Brees, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Julio Jones, JJ Watt, Pat Peterson, Patrick Mahomes, and Alvin Kamara. I could name dozens more but won’t. Every single one of those guys was injured WHILE playing NFL football. If you don’t think that injuries happen in NFL games I don’t know what to tell you. Sticking your fingers in your ears yelling “la la la la la la la la” doesn’t change the risk of playing this game at this level. 

They have ZERO to gain!!!!! This isn’t complicated. All that can happen is bad stuff. If they win 52-0 and look like a machine what advantages do they get in their championship pursuit?

6 minutes ago, Bakin said:

How about winning is contagious?
winning is about putting in the work?

i obviously agree and am a bit torn on the issue myself. I just don’t see the analogues. 

They scored 31 points off their bye. The Bills are 4-0 off of a loss coming into this week. I’m not sure how one can reasonably make the “contagious” argument? It isn’t real.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Here are some stars that have missed games this year because of injury: Dalvin Cook, Chris Carson, Drew Brees, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Julio Jones, JJ Watt, Pat Peterson, Patrick Mahomes, and Alvin Kamara. I could name dozens more but won’t. Every single one of those guys was injured WHILE playing NFL football. If you don’t think that injuries happen in NFL games I don’t know what to tell you. Sticking your fingers in your ears yelling “la la la la la la la la” doesn’t change the risk of playing this game at this level. 

They have ZERO to gain!!!!! This isn’t complicated. All that can happen is bad stuff. If they win 52-0 and look like a machine what advantages do they get in their championship pursuit?

They scored 31 points off their bye. The Bills are 4-0 off of a loss coming into this week. I’m not sure how one can reasonably make the “contagious” argument? It isn’t real.

Now list all the players that haven't missed a game due to injury.  Of course injury is a risk.  Everything in life is a risk unless you want to put yourself in a bubble.  Then again that's a risk because your house can burn down on top of your bubble.  You can get injured doing anything, anywhere, anytime.

Stop worrying about it.