Bills to play most of the team vs. Jets including Josh Allen

Kirby Jackson

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They don’t happen if guys aren’t on the field...

If there is a 5% chance of an injury (which is a super-conservative estimate) it’s 5% more than they need to take. That’s the point.

Ha ha, Merry Christmas ya filthy animal

Kirby, save your angst for this Saturday when your QB *is* actually playing injured in the playoffs. 

• Sad 1

I'd be fine with this if it was anybody but Greggggo, Marrone (obviously), or Belichick on the other sideline.

I think the risk of injury against any of these three guys is too great... so I would sit the starters if it were me.

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If josh is playing (as is the plan) then the entire starting OL will also play as long as he’s out there. Morse may not if he’s dinged up but he’s practicing today 

If they feel the need to risk Allen’s health, then yes I agree they should do their best to protect him.

i just think it’s stupid to have him not wear a baseball cap all day Sunday.

I read it as McDermott and co. want these guys to get as much experience as possible. The more film study, preparation, and playing time the young guys get now the better they will be in the long run. I can see both sides, I am just along for the ride and don't have to answer for the decisions made at OBD

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t like it personally. There is NO upside imo. What do you guys think?

What happens if GOD FORBID Allen gets hurt

Even if Allen comes in for couple of handoffs I still would NOT take that chance , I hate and do NOT trust the Jets .....

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s not an argument against anything - it’s a factor (not the only factor) that realistically goes into any decision of whether a healthy player plays in a regular season game. 

Ok. Apologies you couldn’t see what I was saying. Didn’t mean to pee in your Wheaties. 

You literally can get hurt in practice as easy as in a game

Injuries are a generally random occurrence and the Bills do need the work

We aren't a dynasty, we don't have #1 locked up, we aren't defending champs..  we are the Buffalo Bills...

A young team that still needs to grow. ? the players should be playing

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

What happens if GOD FORBID Allen gets hurt

Even if Allen comes in for couple of handoffs I still would NOT take that chance , I hate and do NOT trust the Jets .....

what if he got hurt last week. What if he gets hurt in the first series of the playoff game. Is it any different?

Love this, breaking the mold again, and with a reason.

The Bills are good but need to get better to have a chance to win some playoff games, clearly.  They won't get better by not playing, so play 'em.

I don't think they will play all game, but it is a good move I think,  and one that will be looked back upon as such.

Go Bills.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

what if he got hurt last week. What if he gets hurt in the first series of the playoff game. Is it any different?

If you can’t see the difference then I don’t know what to tell you 

Just now, Putin said:

Then explain why Baltimore has a bye week and still will rest their starters this Sunday??

because they don’t need the work. They are the best team in the NFL. And because it’s the coaches choice on what he feels is best for his team. 

other teams haven’t rested starters in the past. Explain that? There have been times other teams rested starters and they came out flat

Just now, Putin said:

If you can’t see the difference then I don’t know what to tell you 

I don’t see the difference because there isn’t one. Hence why you don’t have an answer. Any difference that there might be is all perception. 

an injury is an injury. The result is the player can’t play regardless if it happens last week, this week, or next week. Still the same outcome. 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

because they don’t need the work. They are the best team in the NFL. And because it’s the coaches choice on what he feels is best for his team. 

other teams haven’t rested starters in the past. Explain that? There have been times other teams rested starters and they came out flat

I’m talking about 2 weeks off / bye week