Bills to play most of the team vs. Jets including Josh Allen

Kirby Jackson

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

Majority of the players have to play. Who would take their place? We don't have a 90 man roster.

I wish the NFL would expand the rosters like MLB does

I think they should be able to dress 63 for week 17 and beyond.

Kind of a reward for the PS guys plus the regular inactives. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You get better by playing. That is the reward. You don’t get better by sitting on the sideline. 

We have practice for that !!!

Where At least we know that there’s no one that would intentionally  try to hurt somebody 

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You get better by playing. That is the reward. You don’t get better by sitting on the sideline. 

Then why does every team sit their guys in preseason game 4? Why is the best team in football sitting all of their guys?

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Josh is only playing a quarter. 

So 16 plays based on the Bills average offensive plays? 

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Then why does every team sit their guys in preseason game 4? Why is the best team in football sitting all of their guys?

And this is exactly how we should be treating this game as  preseason week 4 ...And the best team in football has a bye week on top of that !!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is a dumb decision. Why risk injury? This game is meaningless. Let your starters get a well deserved rest and see what guys like Duke & TJ can do. If even one player gets injured in this game it will have backfired in clappy's face.

Have you seen how this team plays after the bye week? Not a big deal for most of the players.., They are mostly a young team, reps are important...

33 minutes ago, Putin said:

What are we playing for THIS week please explain that it’s worth to take a gamble on injuring our QB

To get the offense playing better.  After the Cleveland game McD had his "play fearless" quote and the team did play better the next couple of weeks offensively.  Then they faced Dallas, Balt, Pitt, and NE and it's regressed.  So getting some confidence back trumps the injury risk IMO

Could he get hurt, but could happen anytime.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The dark overlord Belichick has played starters ,including Brady in the first half of meaningless week 17 games. 

51 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Already answered that.  Preseason game 4 is a joke.  Its vanilla against a bunch of guys that aren't going to make an NFL team and no game planning.  The best team in football is choosing to rest their starters because they are the best team in football.  When we are the best team in football then they can rest their starters too.

Probably like 2 series is the way I think of it.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Already answered that.  Preseason game 4 is a joke.  Its vanilla against a bunch of guys that aren't going to make an NFL team and no game planning.  The best team in football is choosing to rest their starters because they are the best team in football.  When we are the best team in football then they can rest their starters too.

Probably like 2 series is the way I think of it.

1 quarter will be 16 plays based on the average Bills game.

I don’t want any of those important players exposed to 16 chances for injuries. This holds especially true playing against a real NFL defense instead of the vanilla pro bowl defense of preseason game 4. 1 injury and it’s a nightmare. 2 scoring drives and it’s meaningless. Again, our 2nd best offensive output of the season was off of a bye week. 

I guess I can keep saying it over and over but no one will ever convince me that this is a good idea. You can stick your hand near a fire and not get burned. You can stick your hand near a fire and get burned. The outcome doesn’t make it a good decision to stick your hand near the fire.

Edited by Kirby Jackson