What to do at DE next year

Process

On 12/22/2019 at 5:20 AM, TwistofFate said:

CB is a pretty big need.   Johnson was abused over and over today. 

Edge rusher, Wr,  Cb.  Whichever one has highest value for the pick you take. 

Kevin played well, Taron didn’t have his best game, in fact last year he played better, but he’s been serviceable this year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/22/2019 at 12:18 AM, Process said:

Bills game plan today was to not blitz Brady and it really exposed how desperate this team is for pass rushers along the DL. Brady had all day all game. Ideally we will have two new starters next year. What do we do with the guys we have and who do we get?

Hughes- don't see a reason to cut or trade him. Keep him as a vet situational player but his days as a starter should be over. 

Lawson- really hope the bills don't re sign him. He's been solid this year no doubt, but it's also the first year he's really even been noticeable. In a contract year hmm? And right now our d line is full of "solid" guys, our problem is we have no real impact players. He's going to get overpaid, use the money to go out and get some stud playermakers that will really make a difference. 

Murphy- he has to go, right? Does anyone have a case for not cutting him? He's completely useless out there. 

If Ngakoue makes it to FA he should be our #1 target. We have the cap space, get him. We also need to take a guy rounds 1/2 of the draft. 

wow you are way off, Lawson has been very valuable and its cool to hate Murphy but all i see is a guy around the ball making plays or assisting, hes no sack master but that doesnt mean hes "useless"

5 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

think I'm good with not seeing Trent Murphy in a Bills uni anymore  Hughes not sure either way    Been a while since he had solid sack numbers 

Hughes salary is guaranteed next year so you will be seeing him one more year at least..

Edited by Aussie Joe

The wild card for me here is DE Johnson who showed quite a bit for a 7th round pick.....I dont see anything Murphy does that he cannot do.  

I would keep Shaq because he looks to me ***** he has figured it out and has position flexibility.

Would draft a pure pass rusher high in this next draft even though WR is my tops

1st - WR

2nd - DE

3rd - WR or RB

4th - Corner or linebacker

5th - Corner or linebacker

And I would use some free agency money on a wide out....even if it creates more good wide receivers on the team then can physically be kept.  Or I would bring in a free agent running back with size and speed to back up DS.

On 12/22/2019 at 4:16 AM, BillsinChesterSprings said:

With the bounty of talent the Bills have drafted in the last 3 drafts, I would not hesitate to trade to the GMEN 2# 1's and a 2nd for the the #2 overall this year and draft Chase Young.  Chase is a generational talent and will be on rookie contract for 4 years.

So what happens if Washington takes Young @2?

19 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

We could use a Bosa - Watt level talent. Any more brothers coming out?

That’s what I am talking about could you imagine how many picks we could get with our back end if McDermott had that kind of talent to work with 

I see Shaq as 2012-2013 equivalent of Jerry Hughes, perhaps the Colts gave up on Hughes too early? I don’t mind keeping Lawson around for year 5 & beyond if we can get Hughes level production age 26-30. That said we still could use an elite edge rusher who can also defend in space & seal the edges. That likely won’t be a guarantee pick 22 or beyond but they do exist. The Bills need another great draft & also find some vets interested in joining a winning culture. Another crazy idea would be adding a top level talent at corner to help defend the numerous passing offenses across the AFC. Think White caliber who we napped late in 1st round 2017. Adding a WR, DE/Edge, CB, OT, WLB would be my goal. 

11 personnel Brown, Beasley, Rookie WR/FA

DE/Edge - Hughes-Rookie/FA

CB - replace Wallace/Johnson with stud Rookie CB 
OT/RT - Nsehke replacement Rookie slide Ford to RG

WLB - Zo replacement, a TJ Watt DE/Edge caliber talent - Rookie.