Patriots Fans are Some of the Worst Fans in Sports

JGMcD2

Had no problems at all.  People around us very  good
not a fan of the stadium. For a newer stadium bathroom room line was 1,000’ long in the upper deck. Sat in lower part of 304 and sound from announcers was real bad.  Elevator way to small. 

22 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yes, I do. They were upset it was taking so long and we were driving. They thought Morse was hamming it up for us to stop the clock and they didn’t appreciate that. A few around me were yelling “roll him off the field!” 

The fans around me were so upset that the refs were “screwing them” because our player was obviously faking and they weren’t making us burn a timeout for the injury. 

I had to explain that there was 2:59 on the clock and you are only forced to use a timeout under 2 minutes. 

I was at that game as well. It was terrifying. There was a small part of me that was glad the Bills did not win. I am not exaggerating when I say I did not think I would make it out of there. 

On 12/21/2019 at 10:15 PM, JGMcD2 said:

I lived in Massachusetts for 4 years and I’ve know this for a long time, but my lord Patriots fans as a whole are extremely low class. 

I’m a huge Bills fan  but I work for a professional sports team so the whole obnoxious cheering and crap talking has been out of my toolbox for a few years now. I keep my mouth shut and try to soak in every aspect of the game... I enjoy that portion of it. Picking up the finer details and analyzing things in real time- it just comes with being a professional. Point being, I don’t invite being attacked.  

On ten separate occasions, TEN, I had people shoving and soliciting me to fight them. Ten different situations where it was 3-5 on 1 during my experience at Gillette with people attempting to fight me. I was appalled. I can MORE than handle myself but it’s not worth 25 to life for what the end result would have been. 

I’m just shocked... disgusted. The cops/security/game day staff seemingly turned a blind eye to it all. I know we have a bad reputation in  Buffalo but I’ve NEVER experienced situations like these. 

That’s just awful! I use to have season tickets but with kids and well a life I couldn’t accept paying almost 5k for a couple seats.. and well tickets are so expensive I have a feeling most true fans are at home watching and not at the game.  What you run into are rich snobby jerks think they have the right be a holes.. 

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I was at that game as well. It was terrifying. There was a small part of me that was glad the Bills did not win. I am not exaggerating when I say I did not think I would make it out of there. 

I was there also. I couldn’t believe how those people behaved. It was truly a disgusting scene. We thought we would make a fun weekend in Boston but we were blown away how ridiculous and nasty the People of Boston are. Everyone has an attitude and are argumentative people with nasty attitudes. 

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

C'mon man, nothing would happen. Nobody would do anything. Test one of them next time, you'll see that they are absolutely all fluff.

I had a guy try something at Gillette last time I was there (maybe 2014?) and I said very loudly "I have a GREAT IDEA!!! How about you put down the nachos and hit the gym for the next year and when I come back to this stadium next time I will sit in these same seats and MAYBE just maybe you'll have a chance, but until then SHUT YOUR FAT FACE". Stunned silence by said Mass-***** and the entire crowd around us died of laughter (most of them were Pats fans as well). No problems the rest of the game.

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

I was there also. I couldn’t believe how those people behaved. It was truly a disgusting scene. We thought we would make a fun weekend in Boston but we were blown away how ridiculous and nasty the People of Boston are. Everyone has an attitude and are argumentative people with nasty attitudes. 

I had some swamp thing from south Boston sitting behind me screaming 6 inches from my ear, "*****kkk youuuu Buffalooo."  It was not a fun and playful F-you, if there is such a thing. It was really aggressive.  

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That’s just awful! I use to have season tickets but with kids and well a life I couldn’t accept paying almost 5k for a couple seats.. and well tickets are so expensive I have a feeling most true fans are at home watching and not at the game.  What you run into are rich snobby jerks think they have the right be a holes.. 

I believe that. I’ve got some good friends who are big fans and they’ve never behaved that way... it’s definitely just the 1% that ruin it for everyone else. They’re like that everywhere but I have noticed that Massachusetts folks are undoubtedly more aggressive... especially the generation my age that has experienced 20 or so championship parades.  

On 12/21/2019 at 10:15 PM, JGMcD2 said:

I lived in Massachusetts for 4 years and I’ve know this for a long time, but my lord Patriots fans as a whole are extremely low class. 

I’m a huge Bills fan  but I work for a professional sports team so the whole obnoxious cheering and crap talking has been out of my toolbox for a few years now. I keep my mouth shut and try to soak in every aspect of the game... I enjoy that portion of it. Picking up the finer details and analyzing things in real time- it just comes with being a professional. Point being, I don’t invite being attacked.  

On ten separate occasions, TEN, I had people shoving and soliciting me to fight them. Ten different situations where it was 3-5 on 1 during my experience at Gillette with people attempting to fight me. I was appalled. I can MORE than handle myself but it’s not worth 25 to life for what the end result would have been. 

I’m just shocked... disgusted. The cops/security/game day staff seemingly turned a blind eye to it all. I know we have a bad reputation in  Buffalo but I’ve NEVER experienced situations like these. 

I know people want to believe we have the best fan base and we probably do as long as we are all wearing the same colors. Bills games can be brutal to opposing fans and obnoxious. I remember going to a game and as a fun rivalry I wore the opposing teams jersey and my girlfriend back then wore Bills gear, I had Bills fans throwing things, talking all sorts of ***** and even threatening me. I was not afraid for myself because I can handle it but putting my gf in harms way was not an option so I took my jersey off and the harassment got even worse so I had to get her out of there. It's most like this everywhere you go in any stadium just fans put blinders on in their own building. Just my own personal experiences

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I know people want to believe we have the best fan base and we probably do as long as we are all wearing the same colors. Bills games can be brutal to opposing fans and obnoxious. I remember going to a game and as a fun rivalry I wore the opposing teams jersey and my girlfriend back then wore Bills gear, I had Bills fans throwing things, talking all sorts of ***** and even threatening me. I was not afraid for myself because I can handle it but putting my gf in harms way was not an option so I took my jersey off and the harassment got even worse so I had to get her out of there. It's most like this everywhere you go in any stadium just fans put blinders on in their own building. Just my own personal experiences

Yeah, I can definitely see that being the case. I was just kind of appalled it happened numerous times. I had a long coat on over my jersey. You couldn’t tell I was a Bills fan, and all of this was when I was entering and exiting the stadium, not during the game. 

Our fans can be brutal but I’ve also been in numerous situations at New Era and even on the road where I’ve gotten on some Bills fans for unnecessary behavior. I let into a guy in Pittsburgh last week and from 5 rows up and he got the message when he realized it was another Bills fan and not just Steelers fans. He apologized and ended up yucking it up with Steelers guys around him after that. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Fans are pretty much the same everywhere. I've never seen an opposing fan abused at Gillette and I've been to a lot of games. Friendly razing yes but also welcomed to join in food, drink and a day of fun. I'm not naïve to think it hasn't happened but it's pretty rare. And there is NO WAY that security and police turn a blind eye to any wrong doings on the grounds. That is total BS.  As for the fans? The Patriots were sold out for 6 consecutive seasons before BB and TB arrived. They'll still be there. There's a 30 year wait for season tickets.    

16 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I had some swamp thing from south Boston sitting behind me screaming 6 inches from my ear, "*****kkk youuuu Buffalooo."  It was not a fun and playful F-you, if there is such a thing. It was really aggressive.  

Crazy dirtbags. But for us it wasn’t just the game it was the city in general. We spent 3 days there. Restaurants, shopping and sightseeing and I can honestly say almost everyone we interacted with all had nasty attitudes, no one new we were Bills fans. Awful city! No wonder why the rest of the world dislikes Americans. What a disgrace. 

2 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

Fans are pretty much the same everywhere. I've never seen an opposing fan abused at Gillette and I've been to a lot of games. Friendly razing yes but also welcomed to join in food, drink and a day of fun. I'm not naïve to think it hasn't happened but it's pretty rare. And there is NO WAY that security and police turn a blind eye to any wrong doings on the grounds. That is total BS.  As for the fans? The Patriots were sold out for 6 consecutive seasons before BB and TB arrived. They'll still be there. There's a 30 year wait for season tickets.    

30 year wait now due to the current team and staff.  Go a couple 5-11 seasons and that will all change.

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Crazy dirtbags. But for us it wasn’t just the game it was the city in general. We spent 3 days there. Restaurants, shopping and sightseeing and I can honestly say almost everyone we interacted with all had nasty attitudes, no one new we were Bills fans. Awful city! No wonder why the rest of the world dislikes Americans. What a disgrace. 

While it definitely does not make things right I would imagine that most of the people there put 2 plus 2 together in that you were out of towners coming in what would be poor tourist weather a couple days ahead of a match up with the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

30 year wait now due to the current team and staff.  Go a couple 5-11 seasons and that will all change.

While it definitely does not make things right I would imagine that most of the people there put 2 plus 2 together in that you were out of towners coming in what would be poor tourist weather a couple days ahead of a match up with the Bills.  

Not at all. After the first day we made a point to say we were there for business. Its just the way those people are. Nasty people. Nothing like Western New Yorkers or Southern Ontarians. It was a disgrace. 

18 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

Yup! I totally made it all up. 

14 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

They were 5-11 the year before Brady took over and had 3 losing season in the 7 years prior. All sold out.  Football is a social gathering. A lot of the hardcore fans can't get in now so the crowds may even get better.

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yup! I totally made it all up. 

I'm just sharing my experience. But you are definitely lying about the security and police. My friend and neighbor is head of security at the stadium. And as far as the Foxboro police and the State Police barrack in Foxboro right next to the stadium, both have a well earned reputation for no nonsense. So yes you made it up.

23 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Boston is filled with tourist year around. No one in Boston cares if your a Bills fan. I'm sorry everyone you met was nasty.