Brian Daboll has no future here

Tesla03

Just now, Jerome007 said:

Were they outcoached? IDK why, but they really played a simple, near vanilla defense. It was obviously on purpose but I just don't get it! It was clear as day after a quarter that they needed some blitzes to put some pressure on Brady, who was way too relaxed in there. And since it's an OC thread, the Cheats offensive plays were VERY well designed. I had no damn clue what they were going to do. So much variety, well executed. But back to the Bills, I simply don't understand why they chose to have such a simple game plan on defense!

You do not blitz Brady.  Their offense is limited in passing to dink and dunks. Brady has elbow issues and can not launch the long ball.  You have to play physical man defense.  Frazier elected not to do that.  Even on the "long" pass to Edelman...who was sitting in a zone void...could have been broken up if it was a man on man defense.  D line stunts were limited but when used were effective.  That is coaching.  You lack aggression against NE and you will regret it.  It was annoying to watch after I saw what Cincinnati's defense did to him.  

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Allen had hit both of those throws against that defense with this supporting cast it would have been an unbelievable performance, like Aaron Rodgers in his prime. If we're relying on Allen to hit 4 amazing TD throws against one of the pass defenses in history, something is wrong with the offense. If he had hit those 2 throws it wouldn't excuse Daboll for his awful game plan.

I think our play calling in the run game this year has mostly been terrible. A lot of our big runs are just Singletary making improbable plays or Allen scrambling. Daboll doesn't know how to mix up passes and runs on 1st downs. Earlier in the year it was all passes, now it's all runs. It's like he doesn't understand how to keep defenses off balance. Our short yardage plays have been terrible. Even the 4th and 1 QB sneak yesterday was not a good play, Allen just made it work. We're still running the same predictable QB sweep that hasn't worked since the bye week. Daboll has been bailed out a ton this year. Our offense has no rhythm at all.

I don’t disagree. I’ve had my issues with formations and keeping defenses off balance. And I’ve said I thought daboll did a much better job last year with less talent than he has this year. And I would expect he may be coaching for his job in the playoffs. 
If the offense continues to hold the team back and look so pathetic it would be hard to defend bringing him back next year. 
But I can also see the arguments it’s not just on him. Allen misses a lot of reads and throws. The line has spells where they can’t block anything. The receivers have dropped the easiest of passes. Hard to have any rhythm on offense when the issues above happen or there’s penalties. My biggest complaint is we have 3 receiving targets. And that’s it. Not because nobody else can do anything but either Allen won’t throw to them or daboll does not utilize them in the playbook. 
There’s no way Foster, McKenzie, Kroft and singletary cannot be used more in the pass game. And I’ll leave duke or Yeldon off the list since they’re inactive. McKenzie is literally just a decoy 95% of the time. I rarely see Kroft run a route and when I do Allen is not looking. Singletary is open in the flat and we don’t toss it knowing he can juke the first guy and get some yards after. It’s a perfect storm of madness all season even the good games.

19 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

End of discussion. the guy is clueless when it comes to putting together a top offense. 

28th in the league in pass offense. ranked bottom 10 in almost every single important category. You saw on that last drive how he is holding back this offense. How come when the game is on the line our offense suddenly becomes alive? Allen was going off script and making plays with his arm and legs. 

Daboll has 1 more year to figure his job out or he needs to go. being ranked bottom 5 pass offense as a 10 win playoff team is a joke. 

How are you going to lead with "End of discussion..." in the first sentence of a new thread that does exactly the opposite?  If you're really serious, just stop right there.  Everyone needs to stop right there.

It's definitely easy to see who got their panties all tied up in a wad after last night's game.  Just look at who's starting these ridiculous, knee-jerk threads.  They lost.  It was close.  The coaches were holding back because this game meant nothing (realistically) and the next meeting could mean everything. 

Bunch of whiners!

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Distorted One said:

How are you going to lead with "End of discussion..." in the first sentence of a new thread that does exactly the opposite?  If you're really serious, just stop right there.  Everyone needs to stop right there.

It's definitely easy to see who got their panties all tied up in a wad after last night's game.  Just look at who's starting these ridiculous, knee-jerk threads.  They lost.  It was close.  The coaches were holding back because this game meant nothing (realistically) and the next meeting could mean everything. 

Bunch of whiners!

Well said. Same few guys have a lot to say when there’s a loss and how they know so much and can fix the team. Yet when the bills win they run their mouth in game day threads and have nothing else to say during the week. 
Classic children yelling “LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME   ? “ 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

The defense scored under 20, again? And couldn’t sustain drives to get a breather?

The defense sucked!..no sacks,little pressure..almost 300 yards for brady and 76% completion percentage,gashed in the ground game,poor tackling,long clock eating drives given up one a 17 play drive and another all the way from the 1 into easy fg range,50% 3rd down conversion rate.horrible defensive game plan by frazier period

3 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

The defense sucked!..no sacks,little pressure..almost 300 yards for brady and 76% completion percentage,gashed in the ground game,poor tackling,long clock eating drives given up one a 17 play drive and another all the way from the 1 into easy fg range,50% 3rd down conversion rate.horrible defensive game plan by frazier period

You’re lack of perspective is concerning... how many drives did the Bills offense sustain to give the defense any chance to regroup, gather their bearings, or even catch a breath?   In order to field a successful defense, your offense needs to sustain drives. That’s football basics 101.

They had held their own despite Brady chewing up clock, but the Bills offense couldn’t get into any rhythm and stay in the field, but the late 2nd half the D just didn’t have anything left in the tank. 

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The Patriots pass defense on average is allowing:

170.3 YPG

5.2 YPA

0.7 passing TDs per game

57.4 passer rating

Allen already did substantially better than each of those averages. If he had hit those 2 TDs on top of everything else he did, he would have had:

234 yards

9.0 YPA

4 passing TDs

127.2 passer rating

Do you think maybe your expectations are a little bit high?

The Patriots allow an average of 13 points to their opponents this year. In a game where our QB played well above their season average, we scored a mere 4 points more than their average. You don't think Daboll has anything to do with that?

Exactly. Patrick Mahomes put up 26. Watson put up 28. We can all agree Allen isn’t at those dudes’ level yet. But somehow, we need to fire the OC because Allen didn’t outperform Mahomes against a great D.

23 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

End of discussion. the guy is clueless when it comes to putting together a top offense. 

28th in the league in pass offense. ranked bottom 10 in almost every single important category. You saw on that last drive how he is holding back this offense. How come when the game is on the line our offense suddenly becomes alive? Allen was going off script and making plays with his arm and legs. 

Daboll has 1 more year to figure his job out or he needs to go. being ranked bottom 5 pass offense as a 10 win playoff team is a joke. 

I agree with this I  also find it troubling the team has zero quality wins. Cowboys

and Steelers are not that good.

Imo they are a one and out team in the playoffs no matter who they play.

I'm still scratching me head how the heck they managed 10 wins basically without

either a strong running or passing game.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:21 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

The offense is garbage but I can't see Daboll going anywhere.

Allen has always been a terrible fit for this style of offense.

It's complicated for a young QB and not matched to his strengths.

But *maybe* this offseason Allen can grow as a passer and start hitting the windows that are required to make it work.

He's putting in the effort but right now he just misses way too many throws that need to be made to make it work.

If he can't learn to hit those layups the defense gives him then they will have to go in another direction schematically on offense.  

In the 20 plus years I have been on this board, we have blamed the offensive woes (which were a virtual constant) on the "scheme." This included times when there was no blocking, and/or a terrible quarterback.

At this point we have dramatically improved. Allen has all the potential in the world and the OL is good. That said, the team needs at least 1 receiver and a big power back.

The Bills have every opportunity to be great and they are already very good. Brady has thrived with only decent receivers, (but probably will not for much, if any longer). Allen, at least at this stage of his career, needs better wideouts and there will be an abundance of them in the 2020 draft.

Bottom line? Daboll is not the problem imo. He is a good football man.

• Like (+1) 2