Having Heart Bypass Surgery Monday Ugh

TSNBDSC

Good luck! I'm sure you're in great hands but I certainly understand how scary this can be. My son (now 15) has had 3 major open heart surgeries and each time he went in it was terrifying even though we knew he had the best doctors in the world.

Get your rest after the surgery - you have no idea how much rest you body needs after gong through surgery. It can be frustrating trying to heal as quickly as possible but take it as it comes and don't fight it!

4 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Get your rest after the surgery - you have no idea how much rest you body needs after gong through surgery. It can be frustrating trying to heal as quickly as possible but take it as it comes and don't fight it!

This, particularly with modern surgical techniques.

My wife had major surgery about ten years ago...it didn't seem major, since it was an endoscopic outpatient procedure, with a couple small incisions, and home the same day.  She thought she was fine to go back to work a week later...nope, ended up back in the hospital, and bedridden for another month.

So in this case, don't listen to your body, listen to the doctors.  

On 12/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, row_33 said:

one step at a time

...exactly bro......just had my first surgery in 66 years for cataract (NOTHING like our TBD brethren's heart surgery)....was scared to death...BP went to 190/90.......prep was an hour and actual procedure was 20 minutes......could actually see the surgeon's tool inside my eye....100% success......they say that BP escalates most with heart surgery, eye surgery and brain surgery....sure hope we hear good news soon.........:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...exactly bro......just had my first surgery in 66 years for cataract (NOTHING like our TBD brethren's heart surgery)....was scared to death...BP went to 190/90.......prep was an hour and actual procedure was 20 minutes......could actually see the surgeon's tool inside my eye....100% success......they say that BP escalates most with heart surgery, eye surgery and brain surgery....sure hope we hear good news soon.........:thumbsup:

to @TSNBDSC, i hope all went well and you are recovering with young smoking hot nurses at your beck and call.

My blood pressure goes through the roof every colonscopy i take. I am on a 3 year plan, not worried bout the procedure at all, worried about the results!

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

to @TSNBDSC, i hope all went well and you are recovering with young smoking hot nurses at your beck and call.

My blood pressure goes through the roof every colonscopy i take. I am on a 3 year plan, not worried bout the procedure at all, worried about the results!

I turn 47 in two days. I've seen plenty of not hot nurses. I guess that's good, because a colonoscopy would be weird with a *****.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I turn 47 in two days. I've seen plenty of not hot nurses. I guess that's good, because a colonoscopy would be weird with a *****.

True story, couple years back gonin for my physical and get the docs hot PA , not him. I am worried about what you describe, and when it came time to drop em and bend over, I told her it was kinda weird with a young lady performing the test. She said matter of factly” DR Morgan is 6”2, 205, I am 5”3, 120. Who’s finger ya want ?

cracked me up!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

True story, couple years back gonin for my physical and get the docs hot PA , not him. I am worried about what you describe, and when it came time to drop em and bend over, I told her it was kinda weird with a young lady performing the test. She said matter of factly” DR Morgan is 6”2, 205, I am 5”3, 120. Who’s finger ya want ?

cracked me up!

Don’t keep us waiting! What was your answer???

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I hate both of you! Now merry freaking Christmas!!!!

I can’t help but notice that you still haven’t answered the question. No worries, we don’t judge! 

And a very Merry Christmas to you too! 

4 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I’ve had three colonoscopies (or is it four?). Whenever the nurses introduce themselves, I just start thinking, “give me the sedative, NOW!”  One time the nurse was young-ish and cute-ish, but the other times... not so much. 

10 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I’ve had three colonoscopies (or is it four?). Whenever the nurses introduce themselves, I just start thinking, “give me the sedative, NOW!”  One time the nurse was young-ish and cute-ish, but the other times... not so much. 

I told the nurse that “the last person that did that to me owed me dinner, drinks, and dancing.”

?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TSNBDSC said:

Doing well ! 5 bypasaes and a AAA procedure.  Going home Monday. Out if work for 8 weeks. Thanks to all for your prayers and good wishes ! Post more when I get home. Go BILLS !

.,,,EXCELLENT news!...here's to healthy and prosperous 2020 New Year.................:thumbsup: