Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely, yet again

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

In all fairness weed is legal in Seattle.

It is not legal. It is not prosecuted for possession by local police but I could see how some potheads would interpret it that way.

Reminds me of nephew who got out of jail and went back to the "friends" who got him hooked on MJ who never had any issues with it but he did.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

This feels like the end of the line for him with regard to the NFL.  Really hope for his sake that he can win this battle at some point. 

It is simple, move to Jamaca and smoke them if he can bum them.

6 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

CBD isn’t illegal, A. B, dogs don’t alert to it. Or, at least they shouldn’t be. 

A. It is in Texas. It was confiscated and she missed the flight while they detained her, before writing the ticket.

B. If dogs don't alert to it, then he must have found bacon in her carry-on. ?  Or smelled something else.

This happened, and I'm still aware of other "alternative" homeopathic stuff given to me because of it, when I travel.

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

A. It is in Texas. It was confiscated and she missed the flight while they detained her, before writing the ticket.

B. If dogs don't alert to it, then he must have found bacon in her carry-on. ?  Or smelled something else.

This happened, and I'm still aware of other "alternative" homeopathic stuff given to me because of it, when I travel.

Yeah, the dog smelled something else alright. It’s called THC. Pure CBD oil is legal in Texas.

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

It's still illegal nationally. The locals just don't enforce it. I consider it more a sanctuary law, rather than legalization.

Not to mention the Seahawks play in states where they still arrest people for it. Happened to a friend of mine boarding a plane from Texas to California. Idiot had CBD oil in his carry-on. Dog got him.

Imagine if they detain half the visiting team at the airport. ?

LOL!  I am guessing that some teams warn players they suspect using but are trying to be blind to it.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

This is a reminder for everyone that was HOT about the Bills not claiming him... This seemed like a forgone conclusion when the Patriots dumped him. 

Meh.......cold take.

Gordon's clutch catches in that great battle against San Francisco may be the difference between homefield advantage throughout the NFC playoffs for the Seahawks.........or just playing a wildcard game on the road(like the Bills likely will).

Nate must not have seen that game.

Guarantee you they do not regret putting in the waiver claim on him.

If your locker room is too fragile to handle a quiet but troubled player like Gordon then it's a house of cards.    I don't believe that's the case in Buffalo.

Give me Gordon on that pass to John Brown at the end of the Ravens game..........the Bills might be playing for division title and homefield throughout. 

It should be patently obvious by now that the Buffalo Bills miss having a starting WR with some size who can separate and win contested throws. Particularly when the QB isn't the most accurate and needs a WR to adjust to an off the mark throw.   

One thing about McBeane I don't understand has been this either/or mentality with regard to receivers.  In 17-18 they pursued some guys with size like Z. Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, and Andre Holmes.  By late 2018 they went away from that toward smaller types like McKenzie, followed by Brown and Beasley in '19 UFA.  

Gotta have some more balance and it's something I wish they'd be proactive rather than what I presume is reactive in the 2020 off-season. 

We don't know that this is weed, do we?  He came out and admitted a couple of years ago to using all sorts of drugs, including cocaine.  Just pointing this out since people keep assuming he can't stay away from pot.  Could easily be a "harder" drug of abuse or even alcohol.  What's certain is that this guy is a complete mess.

18 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

It should be patently obvious by now that the Buffalo Bills miss having a starting WR with some size who can separate and win contested throws. Particularly when the QB isn't the most accurate and needs a WR to adjust to an off the mark throw.   

One thing about McBeane I don't understand has been this either/or mentality with regard to receivers.  In 17-18 they pursued some guys with size like Z. Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, and Andre Holmes.  By late 2018 they went away from that toward smaller types like McKenzie, followed by Brown and Beasley in '19 UFA.  

Gotta have some more balance and it's something I wish they'd be proactive rather than what I presume is reactive in the 2020 off-season. 

The offense is painfully hamstrung by their lack of a playmaking wide receiver with some size.

I'd like to see them sign one in FA and draft two more in this deep draft.

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Weed is mentally addictive just like anything. It doesn't however hold the same physical withdrawals and addiction that other harder drugs and tobacco have. But yes if you choose weed over an NFL career you are stupid and also not good at beating a easy to beat policy (Aaron Hernandez beat the NFL's weed policy they test you once a year right before training camp.) 

Anything that helps relieve pain (or a numberof other issues) can be mentally addictive. 

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

CBD isn’t illegal, A. B, dogs don’t alert to it. Or, at least they shouldn’t be. 

Actually CBD IS illegal in Florida. Freaking crazy, right?  It's sold virtually everywhere.  Still the gestapo does stuff like this: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne-grandma-arrested-cbd-plans-lawsuit-20190514-mmtgumqurvcxxknbqih522z6hy-story.html

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

It is not legal. It is not prosecuted for possession by local police but I could see how some potheads would interpret it that way.

Reminds me of nephew who got out of jail and went back to the "friends" who got him hooked on MJ who never had any issues with it but he did.

It is simple, move to Jamaca and smoke them if he can bum them.

Potheads? "Hooked onMJ"?  Dude, you need a serious reality check. You sound like my (extremely ignorant) 80 year old uncle.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

Anything that helps relieve pain (or a numberof other issues) can be mentally addictive. 

Actually CBD IS illegal in Florida. Freaking crazy, right?  It's sold virtually everywhere.  Still the gestapo does stuff like this: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne-grandma-arrested-cbd-plans-lawsuit-20190514-mmtgumqurvcxxknbqih522z6hy-story.html

Potheads? "Hooked onMJ"?  Dude, you need a serious reality check. You sound like my (extremely ignorant) 80 year old uncle.

No it’s actually not illegal in Florida, Dean. I was a cop in Florida for 18 years on an interdiction team. 100% CBD is legal. That grandma arrested at the Mouse House has a big settlement coming her way for false arrest!

12 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

No it’s actually not illegal in Florida, Dean. I was a cop in Florida for 18 years on an interdiction team. 100% CBD is legal. That grandma arrested at the Mouse House has a big settlement coming her way for false arrest!

She's the tip of the iceberg.  

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/palm-beach/palm-beach-police-say-cbd-products-could-get-you-arrested

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify-can-you-legally-use-cbd-oils-in-florida/77-e9360d60-a804-489f-b829-3125040607cf

I could include many more articles from this year alone.

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Um, it’s after July 1 Dean-O..

I’ll add that the problem with CBD oil is just that...it usually isn’t just CBD. THC is the compound that is illegal in Florida and most other states. CBD isn’t psychoactive, whereas THC is. A lot of products labeled as CBD oil actually have THC in them...if there’s enough to pop a presumptive field test positive, you could be charged. If you are getting “legit” CBD oil, it should have the producers info on it along with the percentages of THC (if any). 

Edited by Sig1Hunter

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Meh.......cold take.

Gordon's clutch catches in that great battle against San Francisco may be the difference between homefield advantage throughout the NFC playoffs for the Seahawks.........or just playing a wildcard game on the road(like the Bills likely will).

Nate must not have seen that game.

Guarantee you they do not regret putting in the waiver claim on him.

If your locker room is too fragile to handle a quiet but troubled player like Gordon then it's a house of cards.    I don't believe that's the case in Buffalo.

Give me Gordon on that pass to John Brown at the end of the Ravens game..........the Bills might be playing for division title and homefield throughout. 

Gordon won’t be available for the rematch between the two teams. Plus Kittle and Sanders will play this time. 

4 hours ago, White Linen said:

I know you're kidding but we'd have to think he's done now, right?  Meaning lifetime ban.

Until the next time he cries on Goodell's shoulder, tells him he's sorry and asks for one more chance.