Week 15: Bills at Steelers on SNF

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Great! Now can he stay his a** in the end zone on kick offs? Constantly costs us field position bringing it out. ?

He’s free to do what he wants on punt returns though. He’s had a bit more success with those. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/34057/bills-dogs-shaq-lawson-and-jordan-phillips-setting-tone-for-defense

defensive end Shaq Lawson and defensive tackle Jordan Phillips have a specific role on what's been a dominant defensive line this season. That role goes beyond the X's and O's -- they help set a tone.

Lawson and Phillips have each enjoyed the best statistical seasons of their careers in what's also a contract year for both players. It's not a guarantee they will return to Buffalo next season but they're building a difficult case for the Bills' front office to ignore.

38 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/34057/bills-dogs-shaq-lawson-and-jordan-phillips-setting-tone-for-defense

defensive end Shaq Lawson and defensive tackle Jordan Phillips have a specific role on what's been a dominant defensive line this season. That role goes beyond the X's and O's -- they help set a tone.

Lawson and Phillips have each enjoyed the best statistical seasons of their careers in what's also a contract year for both players. It's not a guarantee they will return to Buffalo next season but they're building a difficult case for the Bills' front office to ignore.

Ill be sad if either one of these players don't get their next contract here.  

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Say When... said:

i shouldn't be but i'm shocked at the number of talking heads, rags, internet LAMP/attention-whores, "expert" bloggers calling the Steelers in this one, it just doesn't add up.  I'll give "toss up" or "flip a coin" but the crap i'm hearing has very little justification with the exception of "it's in Pittsburgh".

and you know, no amount of victory will validate the Bills, it'll be "oh, they have a 3rd String QB" and "JJSS didn't play and Connors was not 100%".

Agree. Same as when they all called for Dallas was going to put a whoopin on the Bills, only difference is Dallas had all their starters for the most part and they are calling the Steelers with their 3rd string QB.

Only think I can think of is it's because the Steelers are at home is maybe the reason, but still Bills are a pretty darn good road team and normally (so far this year) have bounced back very well after a loss.

But yeah,  if the Bills do win that's exactly what they will say, "Ben was out and they were on their 3rd string QB".

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How do Pitts fans get to “better offensively”?

Because it's who they are (most of them anyway), I know a couple in my area who have chalked this game up as an easy win already. But if they lose they will say "well Ben was out and Juju"

But yet they are already swearing up and down this is a gimme game for them. In other words "cakewalk" for the Steelers.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

49 minutes ago, TPS said:

It’s apparent you didn’t read through the entire thread. 

maybe you missed his point?

47 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Ill be sad if either one of these players don't get their next contract here.  

$90 million to spend.  

magic 8 balls says Looks Promising 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

bad news if Feliciano is out. 

Yep. Although, as someone posted in another thread, it looks like the exterior of the Steelers D is better than the interior. (small sliver of a silver lining)

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

The interesting thing about this week’s game is I bet both team’s fans would tell you their team is better both offensively and defensively. Gonna be really interesting to see how it plays out. 

I mean, Steelers fans can claim that, but I don't think they have any objective foot to stand on with that... Really on either side. 

Edited by whatdrought

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

maybe you missed his point?

$90 million to spend.  

magic 8 balls says Looks Promising 

As I stated further in that thread, And related it to other similar threads, the issue is the trade off of who to dress for the 46. Duke gives the Bills something they don’t have on the 46, and I questioned whether Roberts ST contribution was worth it? I agreed with another poster in the thread that the trade off is probably more appropriately focused on foster or McKenzie. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001087443/article/long-overdue-bills-ready-for-sunday-night-return

Sunday will mark the Bills' return to "SNF" for the first time since all the way back in Week 11 of the 2007 season, which marked their sixth straight loss on Sunday night, per NFL Research. Not since the first week of this century's first season have the Bills won a Sunday nighter. 

And the last time Buffalo beat Pittsburgh was even longer ago, ranging all the way back to Week 5 of 1999. The Steelers have won six straight against the Bills. 

Just how long ago Buffalo found itself on a Sunday night can also be measured in Pittsburgh success, once again via NFL Research. Since the last time the Bills played on a Sunday night, the Steelershave appeared in front of the "SNF" audience on 38 occasions and won a pair of Super Bowls.

With running back Trey Edmunds and safety Terrell Edmunds on the Steelers roster, they'll compete against brother and Bills linebacker Tremaine Edmunds. It will be the first known NFL game in 92 years with three brothers in the same game, as the last time was believed to have taken place in 1927 when Joe, Cobb and Bill Rooney played for the Duluth Eskimos. 

So seldom are the Bills on Sunday night that Duluth Eskimos references are once again to be had. 

Sorry if this was already posted. 

Long overdue is right. Hopefully the Bills take advantage of the opportunity. Normally I’m worried about the Bills ******** the bed when they play in prime time (and that’s still a slight fear), but, after that thanksgiving day performance, I’m more excited than anything this time to see how they do. 

• Like (+1) 1