The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

6 minutes ago, Margarita said:

since Mr Bolton and his credibility seems to be pertinent especially if being called as a witness in the impeachment case I saw this and wonder what you all think about it...this speaks to the Fox News perceptions changing from when first hired by Mr Trump. Not that talking heads are the be all and end all of truth but it is interesting  at least to me.... 

Washington Pravda, sorry, Post, certainly tried to paint the people in their 'Then and Now' as hypocrites. On the face it does appear to be that way. OTOH, what I saw was people disappointed in a man they thought had integrity and gravitas suddenly morph into a snake going after money. The one guy said he realized Bolton had some establishment ties, but that he was loyal. Certainly Bolton doesn't seem very loyal now. The 'Then' tone strikes me as 'Hey, this guy is a good guy. I vouch for him for this job'. The 'Now' tone changes, because this good guy was recently found out to be embezzling and cheating on his wife. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

The capitalized part, please elaborate.  Not a trap, honestly asking.  

pre-appropriated funds were withheld.  This apparently surprised most all of the witnesses because it was not the policy they had been working toward.  Our policy at the time was to give them the aid and not leverage it and withhold it for announcements of investigations

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

pre-appropriated funds were withheld.  This apparently surprised most all of the witnesses because it was not the policy they had been working toward.  Our policy at the time was to give them the aid and not leverage it and withhold it for announcements of investigations

Then why did all 17 (of the 18) witnesses refuse to state that they believed an impeachable offense or crime was committed at that time? 

Try to answer that one without collapsing into yourself like a dying star.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You realize that there are over 150 million people in the country that agree with me and disagree with you about that election interference take.  It may not seem it down here but it is clearly not as cut and dry as you claim.

And, you are still haven't found enough integrity to answer the simple question I asked.  I am not the least bit surprised to be perfectly honest with you.

Complete fabrication.  There are not 150 million people, in this country, informed enough to make said decision.  

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Foxx said:

are you saying US soldiers getting injured is something that is unique to the Trump Administration?

have you ever seen swamp water drained before? it does tend to get murkier before it empties. that is the nature of swamp water.

additionally, your not suggesting that Trump should have been able to clean up a cesspool of epic proportions that has grown over a period of roughly 100 years in less than 4 years are you?

WRT Iran.  I would say that the recent attacks are in retaliation to Trump's actions.. But hey Don said 50 traumatic brain injuries are nothing to worry about. He's seen much worse.

Jan. 28 (UPI) -- The Defense Department said Tuesday that 50 U.S. military personnel have now been diagnosed with concussions and traumatic brain injuries after an Iranian missile attack on U.S. forces in Iraq earlier this month.

What Snake Oil Salesman Don said 

In the final stretch of his campaign, Donald Trump made “drain the swamp” a catch-all slogan for everything his supporters despised about Washington: lobbyists, corruption, campaign finance and pay-to-play.

He's had 3 years and he'ss failed thus far

23 minutes ago, Margarita said:

thank you very much for this.  I do have to laugh at the "assuming you are genuinely new to this thread" comment lol why there is so much conjecture that I have posted here under a different chat handle.  Ive really not been a lurker here either. There are only 2 chat names I have ever posted on any football boards here I chose margarita because it is a derivative of my real name and Muppy a derivative of my first initial plus a bestie from high schools last name at a different chat board. SURPRISE!! LOL anyway I really hope that puts this to rest I have no reason to lie OR be that devious. Always good to read you ...PS: I miss seeing your Mexican bills hat  avatar ?

Muppy. I'll be damned. Welcome. Helluva football season. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. 

There are a handful of people here who spend a couple of months in a username, get their ass handed to then, they leave and return with a different username, acting like they're new here. I never understand that, but regardless, whenever someone new shows up, for better or worse, it's assumed someone just changed their name.

This side of TBD is a bit like the Wild West as the mods let us beat each other up more, but once you weed out the chuckleheads, there's lots of good stuff. Ignore is your friend here.

Welcome.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Not at all. The House stacked the deck, played their hand and here we are. If the evidence fails to convince the number of senators required, it speaks for itself.

Everyone has already lost in some respects.  Between Mueller, Kavanaugh and the like, those who voted for Trump have lost nearly 4 years to investigations that go nowhere.  Our votes were impacted, the agenda for the admin certainly impacted, and who knows what might have been accomplished if not for the distractions of a tyrannical DOJ investigation.  The libs have lost as they were lead around by your noses with one fake scandal after another.   And we as citizens lose because the roadmap has been established--call your opponent treasonous, utilize the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA,  and the IRS (obviously) to destroy your rival.  

Here's hoping the Rs have the intestinal fortitude to see it through and tell the dems "Get the heck outta here!"  on the witness issue. 

Kind of like the Benghazi investigations and the search for 300 missing emails, 

A huge waste of time '

48 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The argument being made by Democrats, which you are apparently borrowing, is that the President doesn’t have the authority to set/conduct foreign policy; and that the entrenched bureaucracy should instead perform this function, subverting the President, with the oversight of Congress.

Minor correction to this point - Their argument is not that the President doesn’t have the authority to set/conduct foreign policy, but that in conducting that policy he stood to personally benefit in an upcoming election.   

While that argument may play well on the CNN octopanels, it's a thin one to base an entire impeachment proceeding on.  Not only because of the paucity of evidence of wrongdoing, but the horrific precedent it would set for future impeachment proceedings.   As many remarked, by this standard, every President would be subject to impeachment by the opposing party in legislature.   That's scary, third world banana republic stuff right there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

WRT Iran.  I would say that the recent attacks are in retaliation to Trump's actions.. But hey Don said 50 traumatic brain injuries are nothing to worry about. He's seen much worse.

Jan. 28 (UPI) -- The Defense Department said Tuesday that 50 U.S. military personnel have now been diagnosed with concussions and traumatic brain injuries after an Iranian missile attack on U.S. forces in Iraq earlier this month.

What Snake Oil Salesman Don said 

In the final stretch of his campaign, Donald Trump made “drain the swamp” a catch-all slogan for everything his supporters despised about Washington: lobbyists, corruption, campaign finance and pay-to-play.

He's had 3 years and he'ss failed thus far

Partisan hackery on your part.  

11 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Complete fabrication.  There are not 150 million people, in this country, informed enough to make said decision.  

Yeah, ya caught me.  I quit counting at 17 but know that most polls show the country pretty much evenly divided. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Yeah, ya caught me.  I quit counting at 17 but know that most polls show the country pretty much evenly divided. 

You don't even know the basic facts of the two biggest political stories of the past half decade: Trump/Russia and Trump/Ukraine. 

You're uninformed.

Relevance: This is the man leading the impeachment case. His word is worthless. He's a proven liar and manipulator. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Geez, I thought the Schumer/Lev Parnas thing would be the silliest thing today................wrong

Imagine walking into your office and being confronted by a sheet cake. A free sheet cake. You’d be quaking in your boots and questioning your decisions, wouldn’t you? Well, wouldn’t you???

• Haha (+1) 4