The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

Just now, Margarita said:

I hadn't seen it no. I appreciate now what was said and that's great. If someone lacks information its very profitable that it be spoken up and brought forward it furthers understanding. Im reading a lot of posts chastising  for not knowing every nuance or detail in regards to this political thread. The lack of knowledge in my view doesn't equal stupidity OR laziness . I thought This is was a chat board forum.  As such if the expectation that everyone have full  knowledge and wisdom about every nuance  or an expert before entering well then you will have the ultra zealots in each camp at war and not much else. A seeker of info and insight diminished and chastised for it?  If that's what PPP is about then maybe Im in the wrong chat.  Not saying you did that IDBillzfan just an observation. 

For what it's worth....

I would recommend you approach your questioning from a position of "I genuinely don't know the answer to this. Can someone lead me to a verifiable answer?"

It won't take long to cut through the zealots. There are a handful here, but assuming you are genuinely new to this board, I would ask you understand this one truth: virtually every 'regular' poster -- that is, those of us who tend to post here every day or so -- HATED the Trump candidacy.  I pissed on his candidacy for months. He's a crude egomaniac. I was sure he would lose.

But the leftist posters here, taking their cue from the online leftists, quickly refer to us a mindless Trumptards...defending him at every turn regardless of all the unproven illegal stuff we're supposed to be he did in the face of zero evidence. We don't defend Trump so much as we correct incorrect leftist information. Not being smart enough to counter the discussion, they resort back to calling us Trumptards in Trumplandia. So we mock them for the lack of intellect and reading comprehension.

DR was a devout leftist, but digs deep into stories and oddly enough many of us who found him to be a Tibs-like nutbag started to realize he was pretty accurate on a lot of stuff...stuff that changed his political stripes. He'll back his words always, and admit when he can't.

I write that to write this: don't approach everyone jumping on you as Trumptards. Most of us are tired of the usual quackcrap we get every day from Tibs and Busey and Bob because the ONLY thing they bring to the table are leftist talking points or some ridiculous sideshow that is meant to confuse the truth.

You'll find there are very reasonable left-leaning people here. They just don't post much because they're embarrassed by Tibs, Busey and Bob and tend to get tossed in that schittpile. Be patient and humble and you'll get a lot out of this place.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You realize that there are over 150 million people in the country that agree with me and disagree with you about that election interference take.  It may not seem it down here but it is clearly not as cut and dry as you claim.

And, you are still haven't found enough integrity to answer the simple question I asked.  I am not the least bit surprised to be perfectly honest with you.

No one has claimed that there isn't plenty of low information, useful idiots out there.

Not to mention a %$#@ ton who will vote for anyone offering free stuff.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Do you think we should be okay with allowing a Presidential candidate to run without looking into his past performance when we was an elected official?

Voters decide if the candidate is acceptable, BUT the election needs to be fair.  Who would you suggest do this looking into?

Do you think we should just ignore Joe Biden's potential corruption just because he's declared himself a candidate for President?

Nope but are you curious why it wasn't it an issue for several years and then became an issue?

Do you think it was okay to investigate Trump/Russia when he was running for President?

Yes

Do you remember who was the progenitor of Trump/Russia, and where SHE got her information?

I don't know the she. My recall was the Papadopoulos was involved

Do you think it was okay to investigate Trump/Russia while ha's a sitting President?

yes

Do you think that these Trump investigations were used as political tools for candidates who ran for Congress in 2018?

I am sure some candidates used them and their opponents' support of Trump when campaigning

Your slip is showing. You're looking and sounding more and more like a partisan hack.

Thanks for the assessment.  Coming for you folks down here, you can just imagine the weight it carries with me.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Do you think we should be okay with allowing a Presidential candidate to run without looking into his past performance when we was an elected official?

Voters decide if the candidate is acceptable, BUT the election needs to be fair.  Who would you suggest do this looking into?

Do you think we should just ignore Joe Biden's potential corruption just because he's declared himself a candidate for President?

Nope but are you curious why it wasn't it an issue for several years and then became an issue?

Do you think it was okay to investigate Trump/Russia when he was running for President?

Yes

Do you remember who was the progenitor of Trump/Russia, and where SHE got her information?

I don't know the she. My recall was the Papadopoulos was involved

Do you think it was okay to investigate Trump/Russia while ha's a sitting President?

yes

Do you think that these Trump investigations were used as political tools for candidates who ran for Congress in 2018?

I am sure some candidates used them and their opponents' support of Trump when campaigning

Your slip is showing. You're looking and sounding more and more like a partisan hack.

Thanks for the assessment.  Coming for you folks down here, you can just imagine the weight it carries with me.

Holy cow... Bob doesn't know Clinton paid for the dossier and thinks G-Pop did? :lol: :lol: :lol: 

You can't make this up.

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

For what it's worth....

I would recommend you approach your questioning from a position of "I genuinely don't know the answer to this. Can someone lead me to a verifiable answer?"

It won't take long to cut through the zealots. There are a handful here, but assuming you are genuinely new to this board, I would ask you understand this one truth: virtually every 'regular' poster -- that is, those of us who tend to post here every day or so -- HATED the Trump candidacy.  I pissed on his candidacy for months. He's a crude egomaniac. I was sure he would lose.

But the leftist posters here, taking their cue from the online leftists, quickly refer to us a mindless Trumptards...defending him at every turn regardless of all the unproven illegal stuff we're supposed to be he did in the face of zero evidence. We don't defend Trump so much as we correct incorrect leftist information. Not being smart enough to counter the discussion, they resort back to calling us Trumptards in Trumplandia. So we mock them for the lack of intellect and reading comprehension.

DR was a devout leftist, but digs deep into stories and oddly enough many of us who found him to be a Tibs-like nutbag started to realize he was pretty accurate on a lot of stuff...stuff that changed his political stripes. He'll back his words always, and admit when he can't.

I write that to write this: don't approach everyone jumping on you as Trumptards. Most of us are tired of the usual quackcrap we get every day from Tibs and Busey and Bob because the ONLY thing they bring to the table are leftist talking points or some ridiculous sideshow that is meant to confuse the truth.

You'll find there are very reasonable left-leaning people here. They just don't post much because they're embarrassed by Tibs, Busey and Bob and tend to get tossed in that schittpile. Be patient and humble and you'll get a lot out of this place.

thank you very much for this.  I do have to laugh at the "assuming you are genuinely new to this thread" comment lol why there is so much conjecture that I have posted here under a different chat handle.  Ive really not been a lurker here either. There are only 2 chat names I have ever posted on any football boards here I chose margarita because it is a derivative of my real name and Muppy a derivative of my first initial plus a bestie from high schools last name at a different chat board. SURPRISE!! LOL anyway I really hope that puts this to rest I have no reason to lie OR be that devious. Always good to read you ...PS: I miss seeing your Mexican bills hat  avatar ?

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Holy cow... Bob doesn't know Clinton paid for the dossier and thinks G-Pop did? :lol: :lol: :lol: 

You can't make this up.

Why are you so surprised  that Bob is just as uninformed and ignorant as 150 million other citizens? Can you imagine what it would be like if those 150 million citizens actually became informed?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Why are you so surprised  that Bob is just as uninformed and ignorant as 150 million other citizens? Can you imagine what it would be like if those 150 million citizens actually became informed?

It's amazing because that's a BASIC fact. 

And Bob doesn't know it, despite riding his high horse. Most would call Bob an asshat for that. As would I. ;) 

• Thank you (+1) 3

since Mr Bolton and his credibility seems to be pertinent especially if being called as a witness in the impeachment case I saw this and wonder what you all think about it...this speaks to the Fox News perceptions changing from when first hired by Mr Trump. Not that talking heads are the be all and end all of truth but it is interesting  at least to me.... 

White House has issued formal threat to Bolton to keep him from publishing book

In a letter to Bolton's lawyer, a top official at the National Security Council wrote the unpublished manuscript of Bolton's book "appears to contain significant amounts of classified information" and couldn't be published as written.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/politics/donald-trump-john-bolton-white-house-book/index.html

Since the President has the power to declassify material , hmmm

40 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Bob, i have tried very patiently to explain things to you. when you don't play by the rules of common ordinary social discourse, then you get moved into another category for treatment. moving the goal posts, avoiding posts that would have you have to explain or respond to something that would possibly make you uncomfortable because there is no logical defense other than to avoid them because responding to them would make you have to admit you were wrong, much like the 'extortion' discussion we had, amongst others are all tactics that show you are not being genuine in your discourse. this turnip didn't just fall off the truck.

the ship has sailed on our previous discussions at this point, because to go back and make sense of the mishmash that you have created at this point would prove to be more effort than i am willing to expend in your direction now. what i will do is to attempt, going forward, to interact with you one more time on a cordial basis. however that basis depends on you being genuine in our discourse, Bob. be honest and genuine and we will have no problem.

I have been honest.  There are times I may have used some sarcasm but aside from that, always honest.  Again, point to specific postings that you think show something other than honesty.  You like assignments, right?    lol

There are a lot of reasons for not answering a post. What are you talking about?   I have dealt with most all of them just today.

-I got too many replies to give thought and time to them all.

- Have I already answered the issue in a recent post? 

- I may check out because I have something else to do

- I may not answer because some posted questions are just stupid

- I may not answer because to do so would take a reply of great length and I don't feel that energetic at the time.

-etc

Don't be so quick to assume you know every motivation.  You don't.  I don't recall your specific question.  I tried to actually reply to your Bondi question. 

I understand too about not wanting to expend more energy on my postings.  I feel just that way with several posters here too.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's amazing because that's a BASIC fact. 

And Bob doesn't know it, despite riding his high horse. Most would call Bob an asshat for that. As would I. ;) 

We've had to put up with people here for so long that just don't know the facts but have a gigantic fervor based on their feelings. Time and time again people like gator, gary, bob, TH3, etc. kick up shitstorms based on ignorance that it causes any new poster like Margarita to be suspect. As I've said in the past, this forum's usefulness is not so much in giving a person the opportunity to spout off but first the opportunity to listen and learn. We are all mini teachers here but the true value is that we are all much more learners if we take that opportunity. Those of us that realize that, despise people who don't even understand the subject or the players but expect to teach the rest of us. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

I find it hilarious that there's a group of trolls that come here doing the whole

scowling chuckie schumer impression lecturing all the people on this board .

Get a life losers.

instead of teach me how to dougie, teach me how to chuckie lmao

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

In a letter to Bolton's lawyer, a top official at the National Security Council wrote the unpublished manuscript of Bolton's book "appears to contain significant amounts of classified information" and couldn't be published as written.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/politics/donald-trump-john-bolton-white-house-book/index.html

Jake is lying. Read the letter, ALF. There's no threat. 

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

So, the President is now God? There's a reason for classifying certain things and just declassifying them because he has the authority doesn't make it right. I'm surprised that you could even contemplate this.