The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Are you agreeing with my point?  Seems so but no precedent for that. 

The point being, it depends if you like the promised action as to whether you are happy that the promise is kept.

Ever hear of a cost benefit analysis?

Yeah, I'd take a dook on my living room floor if the benefit is a cancer cure.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Well in fairness the left is lathered up about what Bolton and Trump talked about away from the call.  For me though it doesn't matter as Trump had every justification to ask for investigations.  Too much evidence surrounding Bidens and others to ignore. 

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm diabetic and have no self control when it comes to sugar. I'd be terrified. Then I'd quickly get over the terror, realize that I can spare one of my two legs, take some frosting, and quickly pass the cake on to someone else, because I don't like sheet cake.

Edit: I don't like sheet cake, and I detest sprinkles.

give me a two layer cake anyday!

59 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Simple case example....I say I will crap on your rug, pee in your kitchen sink, and then spit at you.  Next time at your place (lol) I do all I said. 

Would you approve of what I had done?  Overly simplistic but I hope you see why one could disapprove of kept promises.

understood.

and you understand that what we are talking about here is that Trump ran on and was elected to do what he has done.

• Like (+1) 2

The President is the president of ALL Americans. Not just Republicans. The ‘us’ in the phone call is ALL Americans...not his personal team. So when OUR President is asking about corruption that was openly bragged about by someone running for office, how do any of his ‘accusers’ know that he’s not actually hoping to clear up confusion about what on the surface appears to be a really shady deal? His mentioning it does NOT mean this investigation is intended to damage Joe Biden! On the contrary, he is hoping the new Ukrainian President will confirm that indeed the previous administration was NOT extorting their positions for family gain as Joe’s mindless bluster gave everyone the impression he was doing. Put simply: “Please do us a favor and tell us that the Obama administration was NOT acting in the way Mr Biden unartfully put it.”

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

understood.

and you understand that what we are talking about here is that Trump ran on and was elected to do what he has done.

He has kept many of his promises but not kept many others.  Shady had a list of promises he has not kept a page or so back. 

If you are saying those that elected him are happy, sure I would agree with that. 

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

He has kept many of his promises but not kept many others.  Shady had a list of promises he has not kept a page or so back. 

If you are saying those that elected him are happy, sure I would agree with that. 

There’s a difference in not keeping a promise and not TRYING to keep a promise. I believe Trump has at least tried to keep the vast majority of his pre election promises. I cannot think of one where he’s done a complete policy reversal....can you?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Geez, I thought the Schumer/Lev Parnas thing would be the silliest thing today................wrong

Imagine walking into your office and being confronted by a sheet cake. A free sheet cake. You’d be quaking in your boots and questioning your decisions, wouldn’t you? Well, wouldn’t you???

Damn you!! Now I want cake.

• Haha (+1) 2

Today we’ve reached the “questions from senators” phase of the impeachment trial in the Senate.

So far most, if not all, of the questions submitted by Senate Democrats have been directed toward Adam Schiff and the House impeachment managers.

Katie Pavlich saw the House managers as being very prepared for what they were asked:

Additionally, the questions from Democrat senators to the House impeachment managers have been the softest of softballs.

Democrats don't even attempt to hide the fact the impeachment of Donald Trump is politically motivated and corrupt because they know the media will back them up. From the time House Democrats coordinated an "impeachable offense" with the CIA whistleblower to the time the ICIG legitimized the transfer of leaked information from the whistleblower to House Democrats via a faux whistleblower complaint, this criminal enterprise had red flags flying all around it, but the media looked the other way.

When Democrats were conducting a one-sided impeachment inquiry in the House, the media's talking point was "Democrats are in the majority, and whether you like it or not, they get to make the rules."

When the impeachment trial moved to the Senate, the media's talking point became "How can you have a fair trial without witnesses? It's a cover-up!" Despite the fact Republicans make the rules in the Senate, the media pushed the Democratic narrative.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

just think of everything else he might have accomplished had the Democrats not tried to stonewall him at every turn. it would be unequaled and the Dems know that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The President is the president of ALL Americans. Not just Republicans. The ‘us’ in the phone call is ALL Americans...not his personal team. So when OUR President is asking about corruption that was openly bragged about by someone running for office, how do any of his ‘accusers’ know that he’s not actually hoping to clear up confusion about what on the surface appears to be a really shady deal? His mentioning it does NOT mean this investigation is intended to damage Joe Biden! On the contrary, he is hoping the new Ukrainian President will confirm that indeed the previous administration was NOT extorting their positions for family gain as Joe’s mindless bluster gave everyone the impression he was doing. Put simply: “Please do us a favor and tell us that the Obama administration was NOT acting in the way Mr Biden unartfully put it.”

It is a perspective difference.  It can be seen either way I guess.  Folks that like him and are willing to believe him, believe your take on the motivations.  Wouldn't it be grand to know more about his motivations?  Let's all think to see if we can come up with any way to get further perspective.   Hmmmm

Many of us with the other perspective see this as further evidence that he is willing to do whatever he wants to to get himself re-elected.  I bet if a reporter asked him the Stephanopoulos Norway question again, he would still maintain that the FBI is wrong and he would say that he would take the foreign assistance.  Somehow it has to be inserted into his head that doing what he is doing is improper and not perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Today we’ve reached the “questions from senators” phase of the impeachment trial in the Senate.

So far most, if not all, of the questions submitted by Senate Democrats have been directed toward Adam Schiff and the House impeachment managers.

Katie Pavlich saw the House managers as being very prepared for what they were asked:

Additionally, the questions from Democrat senators to the House impeachment managers have been the softest of softballs.

Democrats don't even attempt to hide the fact the impeachment of Donald Trump is politically motivated and corrupt because they know the media will back them up. From the time House Democrats coordinated an "impeachable offense" with the CIA whistleblower to the time the ICIG legitimized the transfer of leaked information from the whistleblower to House Democrats via a faux whistleblower complaint, this criminal enterprise had red flags flying all around it, but the media looked the other way.

When Democrats were conducting a one-sided impeachment inquiry in the House, the media's talking point was "Democrats are in the majority, and whether you like it or not, they get to make the rules."

When the impeachment trial moved to the Senate, the media's talking point became "How can you have a fair trial without witnesses? It's a cover-up!" Despite the fact Republicans make the rules in the Senate, the media pushed the Democratic narrative.

i too was struck at how it seemed every question the Dems received (with exception of ones asked of them by Republicans) was orchestrated. well, to be honest i wasn't too surprised that Jerry Lewis Nads was prepared ahead of time.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

just think of everything else he might have accomplished had the Democrats not tried to stonewall him at every turn. it would be unequaled and the Dems know that.

Republicans had the House and Senate for two years and he only got tax cuts through. No wall, Obamacare alive and well, no infrastructure, national debt still there. He just sucks 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So now Trump is so scared of Bolton he is trying to suppress the publication of his book. Claiming national security issues, totally bogus. I guess the news of Trump buddying up to autocrats would look as bad as it is. 

you're an idiot. as you libs are so fond of saying, that has already been debunked.

42 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

BTW too, you still haven't answered my very simple question.  Why?  Here it is:

Funny how you don't like to answer questions, run for them for months, then complain about harassment when you're reminded of your negligence. Now you're doing the same to 3rd. 

Fair to say you're being hypocritical? 

Yup.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

There’s a difference in not keeping a promise and not TRYING to keep a promise. I believe Trump has at least tried to keep the vast majority of his pre election promises. I cannot think of one where he’s done a complete policy reversal....can you?

Healthcare coverage, SocSec benefits, medicare benefits, and draining the swamp come quickly to mind.  In all of those promises he has reversed, imo

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Republicans had the House and Senate for two years and he only got tax cuts through. No wall, Obamacare alive and well, no infrastructure, national debt still there. He just sucks 

yeah... 30+ campaign promises kept level of sucks.

Edited by Foxx