The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

59 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

@SlimShady'sGhost : I'll take a whack (ignoring the economic success as you agree it's booming) -- 

1) Exposing the fraudulent establishment media for the liars, manipulators, and narrative engineers that they truly are (and were before the age of Trump). 

2) Being the first president NOT to bring us into a new war in the past 20+ years (while dismantling terror financing networks in multiple theaters and increasing the US Mil's power and abilities)

3) Exposing the hypocrisy of the left / establishment at every turn (from everything to due process, to their embrace of the neocon/neoliberal figureheads they scorned for the past decade). This has helped free millions from the grips of the fake news media complex and narrative engineering done to keep us deaf, dumb, and blind to the truth about our reality. 

4) Getting out of crippling deals designed to undercut our national sovereignty (TPP, Iran deal, NAFTA + more)

5) Combating human trafficking across the globe through various means. (This covers his immigration successes, and yes, the wall)

We can debate which one of these were intentional or a happy accident, but you can't debate that they're real and crucial victories for the people if we are to have any sense of equal justice and individual sovereignty. 

the media has truths and and fake news on both sides. 
there is as much bias on FOX as there is on CNN etc. 

no new war by Don... he’s walking a fine line there.  
Ukraine and Chechnya? Those wars? 
uhh ok. 

America first. He wanted all troops out yet they remain and he just sent 2 to 3000 more because of the escalation with Iran. 

Human Trafficking has improved / diminished?

I don’t see it. 

the wall isn’t working.  The illegals go over it and under it or around it.  Mexico did not and will not pay for it.  
The funds for the wall are being stolen sorry diverted from Military and other places. 

The Pentagon — not Mexico — will again be paying for the construction of President Donald Trump’s wall on the US’s southern border, to the tune of $7.2 billion in 2020.

google wall funding funds taken from

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

the media has truths and and fake news on both sides. 
there is as much bias on FOX as there is on CNN etc. 

Unquestionably, which is why I was specific to call them the establishment media. It's bi-partisan. But this isn't about bias. It's more than bias. The establishment media knowingly pushed a lie on the public for 3+ years. A lie they knew was a lie as they were breathlessly reporting on it. They did it, not for one political party over the other, but for the establishment over the people. 

And it's not the first time. They've done it our whole lives: WMD in Iraq (oops!), The Government isn't spying on Americans (oops!) et al... 

no new war by Don... he’s walking a fine line there.  
Ukraine and Chechnya? Those wars? 
uhh ok. 

Both the Ukraine war and the strife in Chechnya pre-date Trump by years. 

There were traps laid to draw him into war in Syria, Trump didn't bite. In Iran, Trump didn't bite. In Russia, Trump didn't bite. In North Korea, Trump didn't bite. In fact, he brought stability to all those theaters rather than more instability, much to the MiC's chagrin. 

America first. He wanted all troops out yet they remain and he just sent 2 to 3000 more because of the escalation with Iran. 

Committing troops, to non combat zones, is not getting us into more wars. It's the prudent thing to do given the circumstances.

Compare to Obama or Bush or Clinton -- Trump's a dove, not a hawk. And THAT drives the MiC/IC more nuts than anything else. 

Human Trafficking has improved / diminished?

I don’t see it. 

I've seen it first hand. I've experienced it first hand. And the statistics back up that claim. 

Then there's the Epstein of it all...

the wall isn’t working.  The illegals go over it and under it or around it.  Mexico did not and will not pay for it.  
The funds for the wall are being stolen sorry diverted from Military and other places. 

The wall is working directly with the above note. It's helped cut illegal crossing by a large percentage, but it's forced the cartels and coyotes to find new routes into the country with their contraband -- and arrests have picked up because of it. 

Mexico is patrolling the border with 27,000 troops. They didn't pay for the steel, but right now they are footing the bill for security along the border. 

The funds aren't being "stolen" from the military. It's part of the national defense plan. 

:beer: 

There's a lot of good stuff happening. And none of it would have been happening had Clinton beaten Trump.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, snafu said:

And I would add that there's a difference in trying and succeeding (in the instances he succeeded) in the face of an openly hostile opposition party, a half-hostile "supporting" party.  Those two elements tried their hardest to refuse to legitimize him.  Add to that at least half of the electorate that hates him.  Pile on the fact that there were active collusion investigations for the first three years, and a national press that pisses on him every chance they get.  I don't even like the guy, but that's pretty impressive.

I can think of one policy reversal (though I don't remember him making it a huge part of his platform): spending.  He spends too much and (to me) it is a problem.

Correct. Trump didn’t run on an agenda of deficit cutting, even if it was implied as a byproduct of his pro growth pledge.

Charles Cooper, a lawyer for the former national security adviser, also asked the NSC to promptly provide specifics about what they assessed to be classified information.

"We do not believe that any of the information could reasonably be considered classified. But given that Ambassador Bolton could be called to testify as early as next week, it is imperative that we have the results of your review of that chapter as soon as possible," Cooper wrote to an NSC official in a letter dated Jan. 24. 

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/480599-boltons-lawyer-in-letter-disputes-nsc-assessment-that-unpublished

29 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

First I saw this was you. Little did I know you were the dummy.....

Maybe you should read more. Not my fault you have your head under a rock you idiot 

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Benghazi resulted from the deaths of American citizens on the watch of a Presidential candidate, involving his Secty of State and heir apparent, and involved a made up tale of spontaneous demonstrations and Korans in toilets.  The lie was calculated to provide maximum cover and plausible deniability to the admin specifically to influence the vote, and would result in an investigation 100% of the time.

It was a #### up on a massive scale.  It did not lead to articles of impeachment.  Unlike the Russia hoax, the CIA was not weaponized, foreign intelligence was not created out of thin air, the FISA court was not flim-flammed, and the media was not used to bludgeon the candidate with mindless allegations of treason. 

Other than that, yeah, sure. 

Agreed.  Same thing clearly, if you're a political hack.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Unquestionably, which is why I was specific to call them the establishment media. It's bi-partisan. But this isn't about bias. It's more than bias. The establishment media knowingly pushed a lie on the public for 3+ years. A lie they knew was a lie as they were breathlessly reporting on it. They did it, not for one political party over the other, but for the establishment over the people. 

And it's not the first time. They've done it our whole lives: WMD in Iraq (oops!), The Government isn't spying on Americans (oops!) et al... 

Both the Ukraine war and the strife in Chechnya pre-date Trump by years. 

There were traps laid to draw him into war in Syria, Trump didn't bite. In Iran, Trump didn't bite. In Russia, Trump didn't bite. In North Korea, Trump didn't bite. In fact, he brought stability to all those theaters rather than more instability, much to the MiC's chagrin. 

Committing troops, to non combat zones, is not getting us into more wars. It's the prudent thing to do given the circumstances.

Compare to Obama or Bush or Clinton -- Trump's a dove, not a hawk. And THAT drives the MiC/IC more nuts than anything else. 

I've seen it first hand. I've experienced it first hand. And the statistics back up that claim. 

Then there's the Epstein of it all...

The wall is working directly with the above note. It's helped cut illegal crossing by a large percentage, but it's forced the cartels and coyotes to find new routes into the country with their contraband -- and arrests have picked up because of it. 

Mexico is patrolling the border with 27,000 troops. They didn't pay for the steel, but right now they are footing the bill for security along the border. 

The funds aren't being "stolen" from the military. It's part of the national defense plan. 

:beer: 

There's a lot of good stuff happening. And none of it would have been happening had Clinton beaten Trump.

DR...fighting the good fight.  I would have called a hack a hack and walked away.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I don't see him as having any other than managing to not F up the economy more than he has. 

Ergo my list of failures. 

What are your top 5 accomplishments ..  Please tag me so I can find your reply  easier 

If you only knew how these places operated.  I've been there. Have you?    By law I can not go into details. 

Yes, Americans died.  Was it the System or just Hillary all by here lonesome?  

Sounds like high level meetings were had...

My top 5 personally?  I don't see how that would be your business.  

President:

Reshaping federal courts

The economy, not screwing it up...right, hack.

Embassy move

Stemmed the tide of illegal immigration on the southern border.

Fundamentally reshaping historically one sided trade deals.

Pulled out of the Paris Bankrupt America deal.

B word slapping Iran, bringing troops home, diplomatic talks with North Korea, countless pro business deregulation moves.  

On second thought you are correct, complete failure.  @thepoliticthepoliticalhack...errrr @SlimShady'sGhost

Edited by CoudyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

It is a perspective difference.  It can be seen either way I guess.  Folks that like him and are willing to believe him, believe your take on the motivations.  Wouldn't it be grand to know more about his motivations?  Let's all think to see if we can come up with any way to get further perspective.   Hmmmm

Many of us with the other perspective see this as further evidence that he is willing to do whatever he wants to to get himself re-elected.  I bet if a reporter asked him the Stephanopoulos Norway question again, he would still maintain that the FBI is wrong and he would say that he would take the foreign assistance.  Somehow it has to be inserted into his head that doing what he is doing is improper and not perfect.

Exactly. It’s political. The End. 

21 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

What beyond getting a cushy job because of the name Biden, do you think happened?  The firing of the prosecutor that Joe Biden urged was aligned with our national policy then, right?  The quid pro quo was not, as in Trump's case, done in direct opposition with policy.  The firing may have helped Burisma and Hunter, that is a point of contention, but if JoeB was following national policy, it doesn't seem illegal to me. 

If you were in your mid forties and out of work and had questionable judgement, would you take a job that paid $83k monthly even if it made your Dad look bad?  Lots of folks would and Hunter is apparently one.  Aside from taking the job and it looking bad, what do you think Hunter will tell us if he testifies?

How would rooting out corruption in an ally be against national policy? 

18 hours ago, Margarita said:

I think the Biden connection was worthy of examination but in the view of the Democrats the way Trump went about it (himself and not by the Justice dept) AND his extraneous ulterior motives for doing what he did other than to rout out corruption  is the crux of the matter at hand

You might be right but this is why people will vote for Trump again and hate Washington DC, he is in trouble not for his actions which could help out country but for not playing by the DC rules.