The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Are bombs falling on US sites from Iran?  

Are American soldiers getting injured from said bombings? 

Lil Kim is still flaunting his tiny rockets. 

He's had 3 years to FIX the system and drain the swamp.

Yet the swamp is murkier than ever.  

And what the ***** is happening in Afghanistan?

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Not really.

The Bidens are being exposed for the corrupt pieces of ***** they are. Hillary fled overseas. Obama's been nice and quiet, like I like it.

It's taking longer than expected. But the comeys/strozks/clappers of the world are all out.

And wait till that bugger Schiff is exposed for the criminal he is. Loves him some of them Buck parties.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

they don't want to discuss it.  They like many here just want to hurl insults. 

did you misread my post? i wasn't referring to the 'ShoutBox', at all. 

28 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

that may happen in 9 months time (11 officially) 

Then the next time the dumdass breaks the law he'll be out in a months time. 

yeah, no. even if you get both houses, you are still never going to convince 67 senators to remove the President. enjoy the fantasy though.

Edited by Foxx

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

He's had three years to FIX the system? Are you on drugs? Every single thing President Trump has tried to "drain the swamp" has met with the #resist crowd. He has the entire bureaucratic system against him, the "msm" against him (his coverage is 93% negative), the House against him (make no mistake, Paul Ryan was NOT there to help Trump when he was elected, and Nancy is certainly not helping Trump).  I expect that after he is reelected, he will have "more flexibility", well, that and at some point this year we should see some deep-state indictments.

It has been a much harder process than anyone has envisioned. And, it just goes to show how deep the swamp really is.

NK is interesting. They are China's lapdog... but they closed their border to China this week. I wonder if the rockets stop, or escalate?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

As Dan Bongino pointed out..................

There has to be a victim for a crime to be committed.

In this whole stupid process, who actually is the victim here?

That's a question no one can answer, so this whole should have been shut down before it even started.

How about the democrats?  Biden?  How about the voters?  I am not in favor of schemes attempting to misinform the voters so that their decisions become more poorly informed.  Who screams about fake news again?   

Recall the request was to simply announce investigations....perform actual investigations, not so much. 

26 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

are you saying US soldiers getting injured is something that is unique to the Trump Administration?

have you ever seen swamp water drained before? it does tend to get murkier before it empties. that is the nature of swamp water.

additionally, your not suggesting that Trump should have been able to clean up a cesspool of epic proportions that has grown over a period of roughly 100 years in less than 4 years are you?

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

He's brought us to the brink of war numerous times. He flaunts the laws set forth by the constitution and 

He has lies every day. 

Just like when Clinton lied about getting serviced. 

40 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

bull####.

This guy's done more to EXTRICATE us from war than any of the previous five administrations.

Stop believing what your media overlords spew.

I remember living through the “Bay of Pigs” invasion of Cuba, the Cuban Missile Crisis, doing “Duck and Cover” drills in school because we were terrorized by the Russian nuclear threat, The Vietnam War, Carter’ Iran hostage crisis, The War to free Kuwait, 9/11, the Iraq war, the Afghan War, the overthrow of Qaddafi in Libya by the Obama backed Muslim Brotherhood, the attempted coup in Egypt by them, the Civil War in Syria, and a few others. 

President Trump’s fingerprints are on none of those - mostly abominations. 

He nearly ended the Korean War, he’s withdrawn US forces from Syria, has the Taliban contemplating peace talks, has neutered Iran in much of the Middle East, and just today outlined a ME peace plan with Israel and Palestine. 

WORST WAR MONGER EVER!!!

• Like (+1) 14

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Good points.  You are right that I keep calling the scheme extortion when it apparently does not meet some legal criteria.  I apologize.  I guess that is why they refer to the scheme as abuse of power instead.

As far as the truth issue, you are not as correct.  I am talking about discovering the actual events as opposed to a finding a defensible position.  The Trump supporters here and in the Senate don't want to know the Ukrainian truth because, imo, the more they learn the harder it becomes to simply ignore the facts and to vote to acquit. 

If they cared about the truth, they would want to learn what happened and then decide whether or not the scheme was impeachable.  Instead they back slap Dershowitz because he seemingly gave them a lifeboat - a position that allows them to close their eyes and ears to any more information.

Bob again, kudos for admitting you were wrong on extortion. admitting being wrong can be difficult, if you have a lot invested in being right.

i want to know the Ukraine truth and am on record for wanting them to call all the witnesses, lets put an end to the charade once and for all. however, that is not going to happen in a Senate Impeachment Trial, it just isn't. additionally, i don't think you would like the way the information points when it does come out. 

i happen to believe that the President sets policy, not lifelong appointed bureaucrats. thankfully, the Constitution agrees with me. additionally here, the President is responsible for investigating crime. if there was criminal activity in the Ukraine, as a whole lot of evidence seems to indicate, then the President would be derelict in his duty not to try and investigate it. being a political candidate for public office is not protection from suspicion, nor should it be.

it has nothing to do with closing ones eyes and ears to information, after all we all know the House Democrats are going to continue to investigate Trump, have have plainly said so. more, what it is about, is the rule of law and following precedent. never before have 'new' witnesses been introduced to the Presidential Impeachment in the Senate. precedent has always been that the House does the investigative work and presents it to the Senate for trial. yes, during the Clinton impeachment they brought forward witnesses that had already testified to the special investigator but there were no new witnesses.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

How do you reconcile these 2 views?

To the comment bolded above, yes, I've seen the timeline.  But based on what you've now posted, am 99% certain that you don't.  And if you don't know the sequence of events nor even the actions of the various parties involved, how can you possibly "know the truth" or even make a straight faced claim that you care about the truth?

You come across as the least informed poster on this entire board, which is quite a feat in itself, and then have the temerity to claim that the truth doesn't matter to others.  Pot, meet kettle.  (Sheesh, and all this time it seemed people were calling you a pot head for your proclivities.  Hadn't noticed the double entendre that also works until just now.)

By the time he released the funds, Trump was aware the scheme was outed.   His plan was discovered.  In brief, he was caught.  You know that, I assume.  That is why I claimed the plan seems to be to simply exhaust. 

A guy with a gun, a note, and a running get away car goes to the bank.  He gives the teller a robber's note, steals money, and runs for the door.  The guard stops him before he can leave.

Is that a crime?  Who was harmed?  The bank kept its money, right?   No harm, no foul or something else?

Since Trump proclaimed, according to Sondlund (after he was caught) that he wanted nothing, no Quid Pro Quo.  He THEN released the money before the deadline.  Many have said, that proves no wrongdoing.  Horseshit.  Acting properly after getting caught attempting to act improperly, does not cut it.. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

By the time he released the funds, Trump was aware the scheme was outed.   His plan was discovered.  In brief, he was caught.  You know that, I assume.  That is why I claimed the plan seems to be to simply exhaust. 

A guy with a gun, a note, and a running get away car goes to the bank.  He gives the teller a robber's note, steals money, and runs for the door.  The guard stops him before he can leave.

Is that a crime?  Who was harmed?  The bank kept its money, right?   No harm, no foul or something else?

Since Trump proclaimed, according to Sondlund (after he was caught) that he wanted nothing, no Quid Pro Quo.  He THEN released the money before the deadline.  Many have said, that proves no wrongdoing.  Horseshit.  Acting properly after getting caught attempting to act improperly, does not cut it.. 

there is more to what you are implying, Bob. what you are regurgitating is Schiffty's narrative that is not in complete context, Bob.

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll keep asking the same core question: If what Trump did was wrong, what’s the right thing to do when the President learns of foreign corruption? This was a private phone call! Trump didn’t leak it to the media. Some Obama hold over did!

Shouldn't he go to the Justice Department and ask them to open an investigation?  That would mean though that they may never undertake it and then they would never announce an investigation into the Bidens.

And, the phone transcript, as incomplete as it is, was released by the White House.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1