Anybody use this Frost Guard thing on their car in winter?

bbb

My strategy is parking in the garage. And it works damn well because I have a midsize truck. I want a full size truck,  but that means parking outside  because it won't fir in theb garage, and I'm really not liking the idea of traipsing through snow and brushing things off at 6 am.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

My strategy is parking in the garage. And it works damn well because I have a midsize truck. I want a full size truck,  but that means parking outside  because it won't fir in theb garage, and I'm really not liking the idea of traipsing through snow and brushing things off at 6 am.

I actually park in my garage, too.  And, don't understand why so many people don't - for just what you're saying................I was thinking of this as a Christmas present for those idiots!  

How about just start the vehicle for 15 minutes.  What the hell you gonna do with that nasty thing, mess? Throw it in back all wet?  LMAO... I gotta a hard enough time telling the wife and kidlets to brush off the brush and clap their boots before getting in.  Call me OCD, but clapping your feet saves a whole bunch of nasty mess on the floor mats.

Pass.  Do it the trad way.

5 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I gotta small, extremely crowded 2-car garage.  I (as in my son or myself only) will park daughter's and wife's car in there... They will just drive them out.  They don't bring them in... /smh, I am so whipped.  But don't want this:

Screenshot_20190422-013358.thumb.jpg.b4184519fe3532e34e0c7d92c448ea5a.jpg

I have to remind myself about the old saying w/my personal twist added: "Every Lockman knows his chamber."

CC:

@Gugny

"Get woke, go broke."

I refuse to go broke.  I am guilty of this VERY un-WAF post above. I throw myself at the mercy of the court!

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I gotta small, extremely crowded 2-car garage.  I (as in my son or myself only) will park daughter's and wife's car in there... They will just drive them out.  They don't bring them in... /smh, I am so whipped.  But don't want this:

Screenshot_20190422-013358.thumb.jpg.b4184519fe3532e34e0c7d92c448ea5a.jpg

I have to remind myself about the old saying w/my personal twist added: "Every Lockman knows his chamber."

CC:

@Gugny

"Get woke, go broke."

I refuse to go broke.  I am guilty of this VERY un-WAF post above. I throw myself at the mercy of the court!

Ted Kennedy would be  president if he had driven a Volkswagen.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I gotta small, extremely crowded 2-car garage.  

I allegedly have a two car garage. But for some reason there's only ever room for my wife's car. We're currently finishing our basement so for the past few weeks it's been a 0 car garage. Kind of funny hearing her complain about having to wait to defrost the windows on a cold morning. Yeah, no sh!t woman, been doing that for years. Lol.

WRT the frost guard, I clear the hood and roof too so that wouldn't help me much.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Sure, pollute away, why don’t you give it 30-45 minutes? Coupled with your personal CO2 emissions you have the carbon footprint of a small nation.

I do!  Go hug a tree.  That will get you to work safely.  Watch out for the LED traffic lights that ice up because they don't give off heat to keep them unfrosted and seen... You might run a red light...

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

I allegedly have a two car garage. But for some reason there's only ever room for my wife's car. We're currently finishing our basement so for the past few weeks it's been a 0 car garage. Kind of funny hearing her complain about having to wait to defrost the windows on a cold morning. Yeah, no sh!t woman, been doing that for years. Lol.

WRT the frost guard, I clear the hood and roof too so that wouldn't help me much.

Tell her to be thankful that we have computers and electronic fuel injection. Turn the key and go.  What in dear Lord would these modern woman do starting and operating vehicles like our mothers did? /smh. It's nice to be thankful for technological advances...

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Al recommends one of this on the days he screws up the forecast:

WalkingPod-In-Use1_2048x.jpg?v=156208406

Wow... What a great weatherman!

Available on Amazon ?

Is there a built in headlight so as to be able to read directions or a book ?

Edited by I am the egg man