Deranged Rhino

The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

IMPEACHMENT

Fiona Hill criticizes Republicans for pushing ‘fictional narrative’ on Ukraine

Trump's former Russia aide plans to warn lawmakers to “not promote politically driven falsehoods that so clearly advance Russian interests.”

Livestream Channel 1 - HTTPS

Play Video

Just now, DC Tom said:

But logically, then, I'm also responsible for the coup, since Schiff and I both have Bank of America accounts.  

Which is nice, since I've always wanted power.

i'd rather you lead a Committee than Schiff or his co-horts

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Trump does.

How is it you know the answer to this question, and yet still have no idea why you're wrong about everything else?

Perhaps you should not believe what your overlords are telling you. Maybe you should cheque the facts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

How is it you know the answer to this question, and yet still have no idea why you're wrong about everything else?

Perhaps you should not believe what your overlords are telling you. Maybe you should cheque the facts.

this is how: 

The Big Picture Blog

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

See above. 

NPCs going to believe this because they operate on emotion, not facts. 

It's a FACT, not speculation, that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election along with Russia and others. 

All one needs to do is look at Paul Manafort and it's inarguable. 

But they won't, because Jrober has already made up his mind ... or should I say, Jrober has already been programmed by his masters and won't get off it, no matter what facts are brought to light. 

Sad way to make your way through an information war.

In fairness to Jrober, I don't think he can help it.

He's reasonably intelligent, but he's hopelessly lost to his emotions, and he only has one speed, and that's full throttle. There is no measured or nuanced in between for him. It's one extreme or the other.

He comes to us from the BBMB, which I perused occasionally during the Whaley years. During that time I witnessed a good example of this tendency in his attitude toward EJ Manwell.

Jrober started off as the ultimate EJ fanboy. He maintained his devout allegiance for the longest time. This man loved him some EJ like Mitch McConnell loves him a big pile of blow. If you'd gone to kick EJ in the nuts you'd have hit jrober in the head.

Then one day, for no particular reason, he flipped 180° on a dime, and ran full steam ahead in the other direction. There was no gradual shift reflecting an opinion that changed over time as more information became available; just a split second flip.

From that point forward, Manwell was a Maybinesque bust, destined to suck out loud and disappoint fans on a level Bill Kristol could only dream of until the day, near at hand, when he would be mercifully dropped from the league. 

The point isn't his assessment of Manwell. We've all been fanboys of someone who didn't work out (except maybe for DC Tom who likely identifies fanboys as idiots).

Rather, the point is how absolutely certain he is of everything he says, even when stating an argument that is diametrically opposed to the one he made 10 minutes ago.

If you have that tendency wrt a game that really has no greater significance beyond entertainment, imagine how that tendency will manifest when you think the fate of the Republic is at stake.

When you understand that, you can understand how an otherwise intelligent man can take conjecture as fact, and believe that investigating corruption is an impeachable offense if one of the guilty parties being investigated might end up throwing his hat in the ring for the Democrat nomination.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Just now, Rob's House said:

He's reasonably intelligent, but he's hopelessly lost to his emotions, and he only has one speed, and that's full throttle. There is no measured or nuanced in between for him. It's one extreme or the other.

He comes to us from the BBMB, which I perused occasionally during the Whaley years. During that time I witnessed a good example this tendency in his attitude toward EJ Manwell.

Jrober started off as the ultimate EJ fanboy. He maintained his devout allegiance for the longest time. This man loved him some EJ like Mitch McConnell loves him a big pile of blow. If you'd gone to kick EJ in the nuts you'd have hit jrober in the head.

Then one day, for no particular reason, he flipped 180° on a dime, and ran full steam ahead in the other direction. There was no gradual shift reflecting an opinion that changed over time as more information became available; just a split second flip.

From that point forward, Manwell was a Maybinesque bust, destined to suck out loud and disappoint fans on a level Bill Kristol could only dream of until the day, near at hand, when he would be mercifully dropped from the league. 

The point isn't his assessment of Manwell. We've all been fanboys of someone who didn't work out (except maybe for DC Tom who likely identifies fanboys as idiots).

Rather, the point is how absolutely certain he is of everything he says, even when stating an argument that is diametrically opposed to the one he made 10 minutes ago.

If you have that tendency wrt a game that really has no greater significance beyond entertainment, imagine how that tendency will manifest when you think the fate of the Republic is at stake.

When you understand that, you can understand how an otherwise intelligent man can take conjecture as fact, and believe that investigating corruption is an impeachable offense if one of the guilty parties being investigated might end up throwing his hat in the ring for the Democrat nomination.

a brilliant psychoanlytical Report

the BBMB didn't allow for any political/religious/NPC-rant views, which had its advantages.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

this is how: 

The Big Picture Blog

Breaking news:

If 2 + 2 = 4, Then impeach.

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Fiona Hill should have had her mustache removed before doing this "inquiry". Nancy really should farm out her make-up artist "for a small fee."

9223E03D-D9C6-493E-9687-A453CA92BE4D.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

He comes to us from the BBMB, which I perused occasionally during the Whaley years. During that time I witnessed a good example this tendency in his attitude toward EJ Manwell.

I was never certain EJ would be good. 

My argument throughout the summer between his 1st and 2nd year was that the average QB improved quite substantially, and since EJ didn't have a terribly bad rookie season statistically, if he just did what the average QB did from year 1 to year 2, he'd be pretty good. The average QB improved their QB rating by something like 15 points. 

That didn't happen, and accordingly my opinion changed. 

Weeks 1-4 of his second season were the worst QB play we've seen from a starting Bills QB since JP Losman's first year. He was flat out horrible.

Otherwise your memory is relatively accurate. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I was never certain EJ would be good.

My argument throughout the summer between his 1st and 2nd year was that the average QB improved quite substantially, and since EJ didn't have a terribly bad rookie season, if he just did what the average QB did from year 1 to year 2, he'd be pretty good.

That didn't happen, and accordingly my opinion changed. 

Weeks 1-4 of his second season were the worst QB play we've seen from a starting Bills QB since JP Losman's first year. He was flat out horrible.

Otherwise your memory is relatively accurate. 

One thing we can always agree on, I would hope, is that being a Bills fan is hard work. I never have a problem with anyone buying into a player on the roster -- even if it's a long term losing effort. Being a fan(atic) means doing stuff like that, and hoping for the best. :beer: 

I’m not able to watch this circus but did this Hill lady really suggest that the country shouldn’t waste its time on politically driven false narratives? Holy crap lady!  We just spent $40 million and 3 years investigating a FALSE NARRATIVE. Has she been living under a rock?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not able to watch this circus but did this Hill lady really suggest that the country shouldn’t waste its time on politically driven false narratives? Holy crap lady!  We just spent $40 million and 3 years investigating a FALSE NARRATIVE. Has she been living under a rock?

So because one happened, it's okay to do it again?

just doing a little bit of reading on Watergate....

so the House did not bother to vote on Articles of Impeachment, which would have been a foregone conclusion, and the Senate began it's hearings anyway?

So the Senate at any time can start a hearing in this process?

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

No. You don’t get it. 

It is okay to find out who pushed the false narrative, how did they push it, and why. So it never happens again. That’s not a conspiracy or a false narrative, that’s an investigation. 

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

No. You don’t get it. 

It is okay to find out who pushed the false narrative, how did they push it, and why. So it never happens again. That’s not a conspiracy or a false narrative, that’s an investigation. 

It's amazing this is so difficult to grasp for people who claim to be interested in truth above partisan politics. 

It's almost like they've been programmed to reject this (logical) premise by the media outlets they get their information from. Which, would make sense, since those same media outlets are DESPERATE to avoid asking this question because it would expose their role in KNOWINGLY pushing a lie and disinformation onto the public on the behalf of the coup plotters and their IC sources. 

Can't let the NPCs know how curated their reality is... nope. That would be "dangerous". 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

No. You don’t get it. 

he's not capable of following an argument beyond "yes i want fries with that, jrober!"

Does anyone know who holds the record for the most hail Marys intercepted in the end zone?

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's amazing this is so difficult to grasp for people who claim to be interested in truth above partisan politics. 

It's almost like they've been programmed to reject this (logical) premise by the media outlets they get their information from. Which, would make sense, since those same media outlets are DESPERATE to avoid asking this question because it would expose their role in KNOWINGLY pushing a lie and disinformation onto the public on the behalf of the coup plotters and their IC sources. 

Can't let the NPCs know how curated their reality is... nope. That would be "dangerous". 

It is unfortunate. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Does anyone know who holds the record for the most hail Marys intercepted in the end zone?

want it to be Leonard Smith

21 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

no. it's all about context and she is being disingenuous.

• Like (+1) 1