Sunday is the biggest game of the year

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

For sure it is possible the win 12 or more unfortunately that is probably still a wildcard spot. 

I dunno about that. The Patriots play Cleveland this week and after that it could get tough for them :devil:

They play @ Baltimore, @ Philly, Dallas at NE, @ Houston, KC at NE, @ Cincy, Buffalo at NE, Miami at NE

That looks to be a tougher schedule than Buffalo's with five teams with winning records on it and the Bills only play three. Like the Bills, the Pats have played a bunch of losing teams so far. Buffalo has a real chance to take the division :thumbsup:

As the week progresses I keep thinking this game does mean a ton, but not to this year’s fortunes. Just mainly to the fans and the media. Fans are worried about some October collapse and the media still thinks we are overrated. A win dispels both of those. 

On 10/24/2019 at 10:47 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmmm I don’t agree. NFC games are the least important. 

This and the Cowboy game aren’t that important. The Giants and Redskins’ games are important in the sense that a playoff team can’t lose to those teams. They have to stack wins vs. weak opponents.

4 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I dunno about that. The Patriots play Cleveland this week and after that it could get tough for them :devil:

They play @ Baltimore, @ Philly, Dallas at NE, @ Houston, KC at NE, @ Cincy, Buffalo at NE, Miami at NE

That looks to be a tougher schedule than Buffalo's with five teams with winning records on it and the Bills only play three. Like the Bills, the Pats have played a bunch of losing teams so far. Buffalo has a real chance to take the division :thumbsup:

Of those I see Baltimore giving them trouble. And Houston has the players to but seems to have a mental block against the Pats (not unlike our own). They will win the other games. KC and Philly don't have the defenses to keep it close. Dallas maybe does but in New England? Pats win. 

Tomorrow's game plan has to involve heavy passing. That is the weakness of the eagles defense. We must protect Josh especially on 3rd down blitzes. They give up 270 yards/ game in the air. The running game will be limited but we should run misdirection. We'll need 1 td from either our defense or ST. This will be a close game....

If we are talking playoffs, this game is basically a freeroll for us - it is NFC opponent and we have still plenty of games ahead us which we should win and which should get us in, provided that we beat Browns, and maybe even without that.

But if we are talking division, which I would like to, then we just have to win this one.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Of those I see Baltimore giving them trouble. And Houston has the players to but seems to have a mental block against the Pats (not unlike our own). They will win the other games. KC and Philly don't have the defenses to keep it close. Dallas maybe does but in New England? Pats win. 

I dunno, I get this feeling that father time will finally catch up with Brady near the end of this season or perhaps an injury. I can see all five of those teams giving the Patriots trouble and perhaps even Miami. 

I can dream can't I? 

Just now, Nihilarian said:

I dunno, I get this feeling that father time will finally catch up with Brady near the end of this season or perhaps an injury. I can see all five of those teams giving the Patriots trouble and perhaps even Miami. 

I can dream can't I? 

Consider me here to wake you up.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/24/2019 at 10:34 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Of course all the usual stuff out there you hear injuries..week to week..any given Sunday...but we win that game we have a very real chance to goto Dallas on Thanksgiving 10-1 who would have thunk it? 

Not the biggest game but it could be a “statement” game

On 10/24/2019 at 10:34 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Of course all the usual stuff out there you hear injuries..week to week..any given Sunday...but we win that game we have a very real chance to goto Dallas on Thanksgiving 10-1 who would have thunk it? 

Bills lost the biggest game of the year. This game should be an easy win for a team like this.

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I can dream can't I? 

Father time has no say in steroid world.

10 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Patriots have never had it "tough" stop acting like it all the sudden is a thing for them.

Edited by Boca BIlls

16 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Yep, so far. 

Not saying much though with a negative 15 point differential. 171 PF -186 PA The Eagles are in disarray with a very bad secondary...provided they don't get their injured DBs back for this game. Plus they don't have WR DeSean Jackson. Seven Eagle starters DNP this week and two of them OTs. The teams the Eagles have beaten, Redskins, Packers and Jets.

On another note.  

Upcoming games against 3-4 Eagles, 1-7 Redskins, 0-6 Miami, 2-4 Cleveland, 2-5 Denver, 2-4 Steelers, 1-5 Jets...Bills 7-0 against these 7 teams with losing records?

However, the Bills play the NFC East leading Cowboys 4-3 on Turkey day, the AFC North leading 5-2 Ravens on 12/8 and the 7-0 Patriots at NE TBD.  12-4 or better a real possibility?

Don't count those as wins yet.  As we have seen, Bills play down to level of competition.