Around the NFL: Week 6 Sunday Game Thread

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Its a fair question.

Let's see if I can put it into small, easy-to-comprehend words for you:

There is a cadre of about 5-10 people here who LOVE to kiss the ring of every other young QB BESIDES ours.

Why? Because they wanted one of the other guys in the draft, and just can't STAND being wrong.

THAT is what's tiresome.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Like checkdown Charlie.... I know you don't want to hear it Joe, but I'm sure the Mono had a play in that....

More excuses.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right coming from the person who's way of commenting on Darnold having a good game is saying Allen isn't able to make those passes.?

Darnold is having a game that we'd want to see Allen have against the worst team in the league next week, and he's doing it against the Cowboys.  How confident are you Allen will come through with that?

4 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Darnold is having a game that we'd want to see Allen have against the worst team in the league next week, and he's doing it against the Cowboys.  How confident are you Allen will come through with that?

The Cowboys aren't exactly an upper echelon defense. Not even close...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Let's see if I can put it into small, easy-to-comprehend words for you:

There is a cadre of about 5-10 people here who LOVE to kiss the ring of every other young QB BESIDES ours.

Why? Because they wanted one of the other guys in the draft, and just can't STAND being wrong.

THAT is what's tiresome.

More excuses.

I'd say there are more degrees than that there a people who are just more critical of Allen and there are people who just crap on him at any given opportunity the former tend to get caught in the crossfire of people reacting to the latter.

2 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

And Allen lit up a "Super Bowl" contender Vikings team last year I wouldn't put too much weight on 1 game that's pretty much picture perfect for a trap. Darnold has looked good that's true but how he plays has absolutely no effect on how I feel Allen plays.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

The Cowboys aren't exactly an upper echelon defense. Not even close...

Right, but Allen has a habit of keeping opponents in the game with a bunch of turnovers. I'm not confident he won't do that against the Dolphins. And if Fitz is starting next week, lol...

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Right, but Allen has a habit of keeping opponents in the game with a bunch of turnovers. I'm not confident he won't do that against the Dolphins. And if Fitz is starting next week, lol...

The Bills offense has a habit of keeping opponents in the game. It is not just Allen, there is plenty of blame to go around.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

Yeah I doubt that Allen embarrassed a much more talented Dolphin D last year I don't see this tire fire putting the kind of pressure (game significance wise or actual) on Allen that NE did and I doubt things get as flukey bad as they did against the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1