Around the NFL: Week 6 Sunday Game Thread

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think it is over engineered and I just don't think it is a play that games should come down to. I'm in favour of scrapping PATs and having compulsory 2 point attempts (so you either get 6 or ? but if not that then I'd just put it back the way it was. 

Why even have kickers if they don’t matter ? The change is fine. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

For the most part yes, that is their weakness. Jamal Adams is a beast though.

Right on cue.

The other safety is a good player too. The corners are a weak spot. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Why even have kickers if they don’t matter ? The change is fine. 

Field goals would still exist. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sam Darnold playing really well. Jets look a completely different team. The week 1 Bills win was a good win. With Darnold the Jets are still around a .500 team and they still have a lot of winnable games on their schedule. They are not making a playoff run from here but don't be surprised if they go 7-5 or something like that from here on in. 

With them coming back this could be a pretty good trap game.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The other safety is a good player too. The corners are a weak spot. 

Field goals would still exist. 

Then get rid of ‘em. Game shouldn’t come down to that. .. lol just playing devils advocate. I don’t hate the change at all and it makes things interesting 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it is over engineered and I just don't think it is a play that games should come down to. I'm in favour of scrapping PATs and having compulsory 2 point attempts (so you either get 6 or ? but if not that then I'd just put it back the way it was. 

But under the old rules no one ever missed; it was just a waste of time.  And under the new rules there is greater incentive to go for two, even though few coaches actually do.