13 fumbles. Disgusting

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Who cares - I was responding to someone trying to say that Tyrod played worse than Allen. I take Allen long term over Tyrod no question. But lets keep it real, Allen has looked very shaky at times and was downright awful yesterday. Allen has much higher upside but is not a better QB consistently  than Tyrod yet. Take away the turnovers, given the Bills field position yesterday I bet they get at least 2-3 more field goals yesterday and win that game with a "Tyrod" at QB.

I am keeping it real by pointing out that comparisons between a fifth year QB, who benefited from a targeted high school and college QB development strategy and a second year player without the benefit of that league experience or the same kind of early development in high school and college, are a stretch.

My post wasn’t directed at you, necessarily,  and we both want the same from Allen I’m sure. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

yeah but Tyrod hadn’t started 16 games yet so he was still a rookie. That’s how it works right?

That’s not how it works at all. 

3 hours ago, VW82 said:

It’s not that simple though. Eventually his incredible luck when it comes to fumble recoveries, dropped/reversed INTs, etc., is going to flip. The fact is Josh isn’t protecting the football. He can continue improving in all the other areas we’ve all been discussing since last year but if he keeps giving the other teams so many chances at takeaways it isn’t going to work.

Also, compare his TOV% to those other guys not just raw numbers with no context. It’s not close.

well facts are the facts. I know now we want to take the numbers and twist them another way because the OP and his 13 fumble rant just got shown QBs fumble. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Fumble recoveries rates are entirely a function of luck, but you do realize that he should have been called for a fumble vs the Giants that was picked up and returned for a TD in the first half, correct?

And you realize he should have had a Incomplete on the INT this last week right?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

well facts are the facts. I know now we want to take the numbers and twist them another way because the OP and his 13 fumble rant just got shown QBs fumble. 

And you realize he should have had a Incomplete on the INT this last week right?

He well deserved that INT for making a horrible decision and throwing it right to the DB in the midst of triple coverage. If you want to let him off on the most niggling of arcane NFL technicalities rather than judge him for what he actually did on the play, be my guest. 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

He well deserved that INT for making a horrible decision and throwing it right to the DB in the midst of triple coverage. If you want to let him off on the most niggling of arcane NFL technicalities rather than judge him for what he actually did on the play, be my guest. 

You are the one that brought up a play that should have been called the other way. So I did the same. What do we move the goalposts around here?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

You are the one that brought up a play that should have been called the other way. So I did the same. What do we move the goalposts around here?

No, I'm focusing on his PLAY, not weird NFL rules or whether or not something should have been reversed or not. He fumbled the ball on that play, and it wasn't called. And he threw a terrible, amateurish pick that arguably should have been reversed (although it wasn't entirely clear from the replay)  because of a very weird rule. Both were bad ball securities plays by him irrespective of refereeing. 

No, I'm focusing on his PLAY, not weird NFL rules or whether or not something should have been reversed or not. He fumbled the ball on that play, and it wasn't called. And he threw a terrible, amateurish pick that arguably should have been reversed (although it wasn't entirely clear from the replay)  because of a very weird rule. Both were bad ball securities plays by him irrespective of refereeing. 

Whistle Blew, no fumble see how that works.  You called it out and said it SHOULD HAVE, so I did the same.  see we can play that game ALL day long

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Whistle Blew, no fumble see how that works.  You called it out and said it SHOULD HAVE, so I did the same.  see we can play that game ALL day long

It wasn't clear *at all* that fumbled after the whistle was blown. Saying that you know that is not based on actual evidence. But whatever.   I'm talking about ball security, and I feel like I'm talking with Allen's technicality-obsessed lawyer.

It wasn't clear *at all* that fumbled after the whistle was blown. Saying that you know that is not based on actual evidence. But whatever.   I'm talking about ball security, and I feel like I'm talking with Allen's technicality-obsessed lawyer.

I am saying it because in the replay you hear the whistle and that is exactly what the Refs said.  So if you want to play the hypothetical game we can it is always fun.

Like the Penalty that SHOULD have been called for hitting Allen in the head?  It wasnt

Or what about the 3 intentional groundings not called

or the PI on Smoke NOT called.  

Want to keep playing the play that never happened game

Edited by MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am saying it because in the replay you hear the whistle and that is exactly what the Refs said.  So if you want to play the hypothetical game we can it is always fun.

Like the Penalty that SHOULD have been called for hitting Allen in the head?  It wasnt

Or what about the 3 intentional groundings not called

or the PI on Smoke NOT called.  

Want to keep playing the play that never happened game

What the hell are you even talking about?? I'm talking about Allen's manifest ball security issues. Sheesh.

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

QBs fumble. Those are facts. No matter how much process you preach.

That wasn't my point. Quarterbacks are the most exposed players on the field by their very nature, I think most of us will agree with that.

My issue was with you pretending that fumbles are only bad if they result in lost possession.

2 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

That wasn't my point. Quarterbacks are the most exposed players on the field by their very nature, I think most of us will agree with that.

My issue was with you pretending that fumbles are only bad if they result in lost possession.

Is a Sack with no fumble the same as a Fumble and the recovery in terms of the actual play on the field at that specific time?

so if a Sack occurs at the 30 of the Bills. Is that Result ANY different than Allen fumbling the Ball with a Bills recovery in the 30?

Edited by MAJBobby

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

QBs fumble. Those are facts. No matter how much process you preach. 

Notice you ignored Mahomes and Watson interesting 

Watson has played 27 games. Mahomes is at 21. Allen is at 16.

All are fumbling at a considerably lesser pace than Allen. Add in INT % and it gets worse.

Edited by cle23

8 hours ago, jrober38 said:

There's no evidence whatsoever that he's learning from his mistakes. 

He makes the same mistakes pretty much every single game. 

He’s young and over competitive. He needs to realize it’s ok to not get a first down, throw the ball away, you don’t have to scramble etc. 

He feels the pressure that he’s our guy. But he’s not the only guy. He’s now learned to just get down a play another series. Brady did nothing yesterday but played smart. That’s the difference. The play he was hit was 3rd down. He was going for the first down. With an entire quarter left 4th and 5 is not bad.... he will learn.

That being said, Daboll needs to get him some roll outs, sprint outs and get rid of it quickly. Get Knox the ball quickly. Suck the defense in and then give them a double move and go deep.

He will be fine. Fans forget the magnitude of that game, Josh obviously let it get to him and Bew England’s defense is legit. Next game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2