13 fumbles. Disgusting

9 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

If Tyrod was playing yesterday we'd have won.

Let's not go off the rails, Taylor is a below average QB who never showed any type of improvement as a QB in 3 years. Allen is showing signs of becoming a good QB and with this defense and running game that's all we really need. My faith is shaken but I would like to see how he bounces back in the next 3 games before I pass judgment on Allen.

17 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

If Tyrod was playing yesterday we'd have won.

I think most people can agree with that honestly. Doesn't mean moving on from him was the wrong decision, or even that picking Allen was the wrong decision. 

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Let's not go off the rails, Taylor is a below average QB who never showed any type of improvement as a QB in 3 years. Allen is showing signs of becoming a good QB and with this defense and running game that's all we really need. My faith is shaken but I would like to see how he bounces back in the next 3 games before I pass judgment on Allen.

No going off the rails.  The point is that a game manager who plays it very careful with the ball was all it took to win that game.  Josh wants to improvise every play and be a superhero but he still hasn't gotten used to the idea that he's not head and shoulders better than everyone else on the field like he was in college.

I'll go "off the rails" even further: Barkley might have won that game for us if he had played the whole way.

Josh Allen always needed time and experience to be the NFL QB we all want....he was not a finished product out of college....he has progressed this year, still making mistakes but progressing to being an NFL QB.  I never thought this season was ever going to be more than an OJT season for him.  (On the Job Training)  Next year, he will be more polished.  He has skills, good attitude, and will mature more when he learns not to try to do to much.  He is still running on adrenilin at points, not his brain.  That will change.  I just hope the hit in the head doesn't ruin him ala Trent Edwards, who was never the same after that guy in Arizona concussed him.

Edited by bigK14094
MIss spelling
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He held onto the ball even after getting ko'd. He has his faults, he should get better as he gets more experience. I think he was too amped up yesterday and resorted to hero ball again, that should get better as he's in more and more big games. If this game was in NE yesterday I think he would've been more relaxed and we would've won. He's definitely better than last year, but still needs to keep working his tail off on not being such a gunslinger and taking what the defense is giving him. He did that on the first drive of the second half and they went right down the field. There's a lot of good with Josh, there's been improvement in several areas over last year, but yesterday proved he's still a work in progress. 

• Like (+1) 2

Young QBs,  even good ones,  usually have issues with turning the ball over and making stupid plays for a while.  Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs as a rookie.  Brett Favre fumbled 26 times in his first two seasons in Green Bay.  Josh Allen may or may not make it,   but this type of stuff is not uncommon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

No going off the rails.  The point is that a game manager who plays it very careful with the ball was all it took to win that game.  Josh wants to improvise every play and be a superhero but he still hasn't gotten used to the idea that he's not head and shoulders better than everyone else on the field like he was in college.

I'll go "off the rails" even further: Barkley might have won that game for us if he had played the whole way.

Barkley is a backup QB who might win you a game if your QB is injured for 3 weeks. Allen is still a young QB who needs to learn a lot of things. I'm hoping to see Allen reset and get back on track and I'm praying that we don't have to see Barkley start one game this year.

1 hour ago, pop gun said:

Allen is so far beyond what Taylor is it's a shame you can't see it.

How quickly we forget. Tyrod in his first season was really good. He did have that annoying habit of holding the ball too long, but that was to avoid making a mistake. Allen holds it too long and then uncorks it into double coverage. I’m no Allen hater; there’s a good chance he’ll fix this. But Tyrod was a revelation for us until defenses figured out how to force his weaknesses to become more apparent. 

1 hour ago, cd1 said:

He may already be afraid and that is why he is morphing into Tyrod (Throw the F-ing Ball) Taylor...

Yeah. Okay. Take a nap, brother. Allen is a lot of things, but afraid isn't one of them.

I swear, some of you dudes need to just stop watching fooptball and turn to watching professional bowling or poker.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

so really he has 4 Fumbles. Not 13 thanks. But if you want to use 13 then fine 

QBs have Fumbles. Ask Brady and his 52
or Mahomes and his 11

Or Watson and his 16

Brady has been playing 20 years. 20! Allen has 25% the fumbles in like 8% of the games played.

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

For the love of God! Is this what this forum is going to be all week?

Yes.  Will be a good week to stay buried in work ?

Love me some TBD, but I really enjoyed the game much more yesterday by NOT checking the board...

And Josh is becoming Tyrod?? SMH

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yep.

As soon as Allen had a bad game, you just knew the pitchforks and torches would be in full force.

It's the nature of this board.

You know my pitchfork is ALWAYS lit! :beer: 

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

so really he has 4 Fumbles. Not 13 thanks. But if you want to use 13 then fine 

QBs have Fumbles. Ask Brady and his 52
or Mahomes and his 11

Or Watson and his 16

It’s not that simple though. Eventually his incredible luck when it comes to fumble recoveries, dropped/reversed INTs, etc., is going to flip. The fact is Josh isn’t protecting the football. He can continue improving in all the other areas we’ve all been discussing since last year but if he keeps giving the other teams so many chances at takeaways it isn’t going to work.

Also, compare his TOV% to those other guys not just raw numbers with no context. It’s not close.

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yeah. Okay. Take a nap, brother. Allen is a lot of things, but afraid isn't one of them.

I swear, some of you dudes need to just stop watching fooptball and turn to watching professional bowling or poker.

Don't get me wrong. I am a huge Josh Allen fan.

BUT When he could find no receiver to throw the ball to he also seemed to revert to hero (emotional) ball.  

IF he had kept his wits about him, he could have thrown the ball out of bounds. 

Josh Allen has to learn to throw the ball away.

All that said - The play calling was terrible. Daboll did Josh Allen no favors.