MCD on Schein coming up

Highlights

Great to be home and playing in front of  passionate fan base. Awesome drive in, see the BBQ 'S tailgates, fans coming in from Canada

D is doing a phenominal job, year 3, have continuity with Lorenzo, Edwards, Hyde and Poyer playing great team d. 

Culture, People and Ball 2 most important assets in the building. embodies the people of WNY. 

Schein LOVES JA. Mcd: still very early with JA, bringing him along, lots of work to do, willing to earn the respect doing it the right way. 

Biggest jump in year 1 to 2, comfort. Not all perfect. 

John Brown brings the vertical speed, route tree, makes it hard on the opposing d. 

Frank Gore-one of first in building, last to leave. His habits are unbelievable, even Mcd Learning from him.

Devin-still day to day, see what comes of it this weekend. Humble personality, taking a lot in from Gore.

Oline building chemistry, Tyler Kroft having a great week-not spilling beans if he will be good to go Sunday.

Embracing continual growth mindset. Focused on the Bengals and our fundamentals. 

Continuing to grow the culture, transforming the mindset with guys who love to work. 

Bengals will be a big challenge, especially the long ball. 

Bills not where they want to be-better fundamentals, tackling, penalties, better position and taking care of football. 

Success just trying to win the next day. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 10

Great to be home for best fans.  

Why home game unique & special? When you drive you see all partying headed to the game.  

D in year 3, continuity built up, naming a bunch of players on D.  

Culture & attitude: 2 most important aspects people & ball.  Blue collar area.  

Schein-loves Allen, loved pick, like what he saw. Allen: very early, bringing him along, Josh works hard & earns respect of teammates. Allen's Biggest jump, comfort.  Takes time to adjust to playing NFL D's.

Schein loved Smoke signing.  Great vertical speed & route running.  Great young man, works hard

Frank Gore.  Here early.  Unbelievable habits.  Coach has learned from him.  Fire still burns

Singletary day to day, great for him to learn from Gore

O-line: Chemisry: Morse out preseason challenge, then gave others opportunity 

Kroft when he's ready they'll put him out there

Continual growth.  Get better.  Just focused on Bengals & continue progress.

On culture: continue to grow, excited on transforming mindset.  Beane brought in guys who love to work.

On Cin: Good explosive team, special teams great coach, go for long ball, Not where we want to be try to get better.

Need better fundamentals, tackling, cut down penalties, not turning it over

Define success: Trying to win the next day,  Accountability to one another, don't let the other guy down.  

Schein: perfect answer on how they want to improve.  Talked about culture & why they can make playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 8

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Thank you for the overview. I am stuck working right now, stupid job.  ?

i just had a talk with my boss..he hinted Bills maybe more important than job to me..i told him not maybe, they are?

Good to old and not give a flying #*%

not quite here, but it was close and may be there tomorrow

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, HansLanda said:

I like McD, but literally never feel like I need to listen to any of his media rounds aside from the post game news conference. He is the master of saying nothing 1,000 different ways. 

why his victory locker room talks always say.."remember, be smart with the media" ...

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

I like McD, but literally never feel like I need to listen to any of his media rounds aside from the post game news conference. He is the master of saying nothing 1,000 different ways. 

Absolutely, and that's the way I like it.  Nobody wants to hear Belichick's interviews either for the same reason.  It's always going to be the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Yeah, he's a terrible listen.

Guys, why do you see this as a bad thing? Would you rather have a coach that makes headlines for the stupid stuff they say? Like Rex guaranteeing a playoff birth? His goal is to avoid distractions, not give you an inside scoop. I'm sorry but I'll take that all day long. 

Edited by NextYear'sTheOne
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NextYear'sTheOne said:

Guys, why do you see this as a bad thing? Would you rather have a coach that makes headlines for the stupid stuff they say? Like Rex guaranteeing a playoff birth? His goal is to avoid distractions, not give you an inside scoop. I'm sorry but I'll take that all day long. 

I'm not saying it's not a good thing, it's just boring af.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Absolutely, and that's the way I like it.  Nobody wants to hear Belichick's interviews either for the same reason.  It's always going to be the same thing.

Are you kidding, I love Belichick's interview just for the fact that they are so awkward and he could give a shite.

But true, he also says nothing.

We once had the king of the media room and we didn't win all that much, so I am ok with the McD approach.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

On Cin: Good explosive team, special teams great coach, go for long ball, Not where we want to be try to get better.

Well....diarrhea can be explosive.

Cincy Offense stinks.  They are 11th in total yards but only 18 ppg.  22nd in 1st downs per game. #3 in fumbles. They are #2 in passing yards, but they are throwing 47 times a game!  They have absolutely no running game.  None. They are dead last and have 1/2 as many rushing YPG as the 29th ranked team!  They have run the ball 33 times....in 2 games.

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i just had a talk with my boss..he hinted Bills maybe more important than job to me..i told him not maybe, they are?

Good to old and not give a flying #*%

not quite here, but it was close and may be there tomorrow

This reminds me of a day at work that didn't go well in the early 1990s.  We had a meeting that they sprung on me without preparation with one of our agency's lawyers & he didn't like the way I was answering the questions & went nuts on my boss after the meeting.  We get back in my boss's office and he gets mad at me.  I yelled back at him that I was going to the Super Bowl & I'm not going to think about work until after the game.  

• Like (+1) 1