Important shift in the right direction in Bills offensive philosophy.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes.  An example of this would be our 2017 playoff game against Jax.  As was noted by the commentators, the Bills completely sold out on D to stop Fournette.  They dared Bortles to beat them passing, which under the weather conditions there, he could not do, but then we couldn't stop him scrambling.

OK, I suffer from CRS, Can't Remember S#%$,  so please explain the weather in JAX on gameday that effected the passing game.

Edited by freddyjj

17 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It isn't the ultimate goal.   Yes, they want to be "we want to do this, try to stop it,"  but there's another step.  The second step is if can stop it, we have something else that will work.  When we see your defense set up to stop A, we're doing B.  See if you can stop that, too.  

HUGE when playing the Patriots since that defense always takes away Plan A.

18 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Agree, and think it is evidence that the DiMarco idea is a waste.

When someone says something like this, I see a guy that doesn't read up on the Bills. That doesn't follow Cover1, Sal C., YPP, etc. A guy that doesn't actively try to learn about the game or the Bills game plan.  I see a guy that is ok talking out of his A**

18 hours ago, Bevis said:

There will be a game this season where they come out pounding the rock with Gore as a gameplan and I'll be pulling my hair out.

Why?  Go watch the second half of the season and playoffs with New England.  They were successful when the game plan called for it.  It works when it is necessary!

11 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

When someone says something like this, I see a guy that doesn't read up on the Bills. That doesn't follow Cover1, Sal C., YPP, etc. A guy that doesn't actively try to learn about the game or the Bills game plan.  I see a guy that is ok talking out of his A**

WTF. Couldn't you have just said, "take a look at this cover 1 video, it might change your mind."

Why do people go out of their way to be an a**?

14 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

You should have thought of this Sunday when you were posting in the shout box 

you should get a life. 

During a game, execution playcalling and mistakes more or less decide the outcome.  A purely hypothetical discussion such as this can chose to ignore them. Do you always have trouble understanding things in context? 

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

15 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I did read all of that actually and still feel the same. There are some advantages but the fact is the real effective offense the Bills had was the one back, three wide one that featured a run game with Singletary and a downfield game with Brown as well as a short passing game. It’s almost inarguable. The DiMarco offense was limited and needed 10-12 play no mistake drives. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog

8 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

you should get a life. 

During a game, execution playcalling and mistakes more or less decide the outcome.  A purely hypothetical discussion such as this can chose to ignore them. Do you always have trouble understanding things in context? 

Might I suggest you do the same.  

You trashed everyone and every thing on the team for hours while in the shout box, and you were arguing with dozens of people defending your rants. 

This isn't Vegas.  What happens in the SB doesn't stay in the SB.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Might I suggest you do the same.  

You trashed everyone and every thing for hours while int he shout box, you were arguing with dozens of people 

This isn't Vegas.  What happens in the SB doesn't stay in the SB.  

You are the actual reason the ignore function is added to forums. I will be making use of that now. 

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

25 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I did read all of that actually and still feel the same. There are some advantages but the fact is the real effective offense the Bills had was the one back, three wide one that featured a run game with Singletary and a downfield game with Brown as well as a short passing game. It’s almost inarguable. The DiMarco offense was limited and needed 10-12 play no mistake drives. 

Really? 

1. There were run calls in the first half--Allen just checked out of them.

2. Josh's worst throws were in the second half, when they played the offense you are calling for.  I am talking about his two near interceptions. 

3. They moved the ball as well, if not better, in the first half, with DiMarco (who had 50% of snaps, btw).  They got burned by fluke turnovers that could literally have happened in any offensive formation. Fumble, tipped off Beasley, etc. 

30 minutes ago, MDH said:

WTF. Couldn't you have just said, "take a look at this cover 1 video, it might change your mind."

Why do people go out of their way to be an a**?

I understand your point. My gripe is with the poster. But, you are right, I came out hot. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Really? 

1. There were run calls in the first half--Allen just checked out of them.

2. Josh's worst throws were in the second half, when they played the offense you are calling for.  I am talking about his two near interceptions. 

3. They moved the ball as well, if not better, in the first half, with DiMarco (who had 50% of snaps, btw).  They got burned by fluke turnovers that could literally have happened in any offensive formation. Fumble, tipped off Beasley, etc. 

Yes really. My original point was precisely BECAUSE they checked out of called runs. I didn't fault Josh for doing it. He made the right call because the Jets didn't change. That was precisely my point. I didn't like the trade off. I like DiMarco. I like the idea of having him in at times and even splitting him out at times. I didn't like the one dimensional trade off the entire time.

And if you like an offense with a no threat fullback split wide forced into all short passes with no run game versus a three dimensional one with a run game, short and deep passing game have at it all day. 

The Jets told us before the game what they were going to do and then they did it. They were going to make Josh beat them with a short passing game planning on him making mistakes. That's kinda what happened. I don't think he was totally at fault but they were still all mistakes. When we took them out of that idea we succeeded. 

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yes really. My original point was precisely BECAUSE they checked out of called runs. I didn't fault Josh for doing it. He made the right call because the Jets didn't change. That was precisely my point. I didn't like the trade off. I like DiMarco. I like the idea of having him in at times and even splitting him out at times. I didn't like the one dimensional trade off the entire time.

And if you like an offense with a no threat fullback split wide forced into all short passes with no run game versus a three dimensional one with a run game, short and deep passing game have at it all day. 

The Jets told us before the game what they were going to do and then they did it. They were going to make Josh beat them with a short passing game planning on him making mistakes. That's kinda what happened. I don't think he was totally at fault but they were still all mistakes. When we took them out of that idea we succeeded. 

This is not a true statement.  DiMarco split out, it allowed Josh to ID the coverage with ease, and opened up easy throws elsewhere.  

In the alternative, it removes a linebacker from the box, and opens up Singletary for an easier run (Josh just didn't go for it).  

20 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Supports my belief that they truly believe in Josh Allen.  No more hiding the qb or limiting what he is allowed to do. Big proof was watching Allen constantly changing pays and moving guys pre snap  Now I'd like to see him recognize the place to go with the football pre snap quick and quicker as he gains experience

Noticed that audible and reset stuff was every play almost on the first drive then it stopped.  I’m thinking the audibles were scripted as part of the first drive. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

9 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is not a true statement.  DiMarco split out, it allowed Josh to ID the coverage with ease, and opened up easy throws elsewhere.  

In the alternative, it removes a linebacker from the box, and opens up Singletary for an easier run (Josh just didn't go for it).  

No, it adds an extra linebacker and then eliminates him. That is my entire point. It's like 10 on 10. I would rather have the split wide and extra WR so Singletary has more room to run, which is what happened later.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No, it adds an extra linebacker and then eliminates him. That is my entire point. It's like 10 on 10. I would rather have the split wide and extra WR so Singletary has more room to run, which is what happened later.

That just isn't true, you are replacing a LB (who was on DiMarco) with a DB (who is on the WR) who is in turn lining up close to the box. Once the run comes, the defense has an extra player to make the tackle. Adding the WR doesn't remove a guy from the box.  Motioning DiMarco outside, however, removes a run defender from the box.  

ALSO, if the defense is playing zone, it means there is a DB on DiMarco, leaving a LB/safety on a WR somewhere else, thereby creating a mismatch. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands