Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

Congrats on the win. Jets fan here (come in peace), and I've been lurking on this board last week in preparation for this game. Now that i've successfully journeyed through all the stages of grief and have accepted the outcome, I just wanted to reach out and say that you guys have a stellar defense. I also respect the fight you guys had by coming back down 16 points  when all the signs were pointing to us win the game. Anyways, I hope week 17 can be a meaningful game between the two of us. Until then, good luck! Divisional foe, but i've always had a friendly appreciation for your guy's fan base. 

Edited by BroadwayBen
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 12

1 minute ago, BroadwayBen said:

Congrats on the win. Jets fan here (come in peace), and I've been lurking on this board last week in preparation for this game. Now that my anger has turned to disappointment and I have been able to accept the outcome, just wanted to reach out and say that you guys have a stellar defense. I also respect the fight you guys had by coming back down 16 points  when all the signs were pointing to us win the game. Anyways, I hope week 17 can be a meaningful game between the two of us. Until then, good luck! Divisional foe, but i've always had a friendly appreciation for your guy's fan base. 

What do you and fellow Jet fans think of Gase? I don't see the attraction.

Better team won. 

Do you guys remember that thread back when Fitz had us off to a flying start? It was "this method of winning is unsustainable" or something to that effect. This was the opposite of that game. I thought we moved the ball well and our defense was really strong. And we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot with these god awful billsy *****ups. 

Fixing the dumb mistakes and feeling good about the core of our team feels better than fluking a win. Let the jests fans say what they may, I take our roster all day long.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

What do you and fellow Jet fans think of Gase? I don't see the attraction.

A lot of polarizing feelings to be honest (especially today lol). I think overall it's refreshing to have someone like gase instead of the likes of bowles or rex. Too many years the jets have had a defensive coach that had no participation or knowledge regarding the offensive side of the ball, and with us having darnold, some people ran with the idea of (possibly) having someone to help with his development. Personally, I'm trying to withhold judgment until i see a little more. I liked the success he had with manning, but how much of it was actually bc of Gase? Also, he played the patriots quite well in his years in miami (or at least I thought with the talent the dolphins had). But idk exactly how I feel quite yet tbh, but I'm trying to be optimistic. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, vincec said:

Bills have a very good run defense. Bell is going to really hurt some of the other teams this season.

This is one of the main things I was looking for in this game, as elite Ds stop the run.   Interested to see if they can keep Barkley under 100 too, then it's a trend...

20 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Sorry if this was already posted, but:

LOL.

Ok, so about a 3.5% chance of winning. I wonder what the numbers were for games on the road.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

Damn it, the Jets really need a kicker.  That's gonna cost us some more games for sure.

Oh well, at least no major injuries and Bell looked good.

Well done on Allen's part coming back on the road in a loud environment.  He looked pretty good.

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

This is one of the main things I was looking for in this game, as elite Ds stop the run.   Interested to see if they can keep Barkley under 100 too, then it's a trend...

Barkley will probably get a total of a 100 if you combine both his rushing/receiving yards,i mean the dude is a freak talent. But you guys have a legitimate defense. With that, you guys will easily be playoff contenders because that defense will keep you in every game. 

• Like (+1) 1