What have the Democrats done in the past Four years

B-Man

Republicans Believe Actions Speak Louder than Words -- Democrats, not so Much

Democrats sure know how to talk.  They espouse lofty goals, heartfelt sympathy, and strident vows to instill fairness for all Americans.  They promise to fulfill every aspiration and repair all grievances.  Democrats unselfconsciously paint themselves as the good guys… and Republicans as rapacious villains.

However, when Democrats act, it’s counter to their good words.  Here’s a few examples.

They profess support for the working class but act to harm their livelihoods. 

When outsourcing became the rage, the working class needed a powerful advocate.  Democrats abandoned them.  Instead of championing industrial union members, they dropped them like hot potatoes to advocate for unionized government employees.  Secondly, the livelihoods of the middle class fell when Democrats encouraged illegal immigration.  The one-two punch devastated the American working class.

They say they’re fighting voter suppression but rig the system to steal elections. 

Democrats push every change, making registration and voting easier, fight every check against voter fraud, support every change that opens a new path to fraud, push to legalize vote harvesting, and fight the cleansing of voter rolls.  Democrat controlled states and cities provides sanctuary, benefits, and driver licenses to illegals.  They talk a good game, but in truth, Democrats act against the principle of fair elections.

They profess support for the downtrodden but act to harm their futures.

Democrats have controlled many major cities and a few states for decades.  These bastions of progressivism are stark examples of how they govern.  Most Americans who are deprived of hope reside in these districts.  Words are not putting food on the table, keeping their children safe, or providing the tools for a better future.  Words are all they get.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/05/republicans_believe_actions_speak_louder_than_words__democrats_not_so_much.html#ixzz6LrfSHXA4

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 4/29/2020 at 11:51 AM, Reality Check said:

I applaud you doing your patriotic duty providing the necessary paradoxical agitation propaganda required to antagonize as many Trump voters as possible to go vote this November. The fear of being told what to do by people who think like you do would be absolute Hell, not to mention extremely expensive. Keep up the good work. We all have to play our part and reelect Trump.?

I do not love Trump or think he is a great president but I am in absolute terror about what any of these progressives would do to my rights. We currently have mayor's and governors trying to suspending constitutional rights, I can only.imagine the future if they feel they have big support.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

lol...** not altered**

He sure has a cracker jack tech team. Probably the same group that was responsible for the Obama Care website.

And a note to anyone who starts watching it...keep going...because it gets progressively worse, especially at the 1:57+ mark.

10 hours ago, Hedge said:

He sure has a cracker jack tech team. Probably the same group that was responsible for the Obama Care website.

And a note to anyone who starts watching it...keep going...because it gets progressively worse, especially at the 1:57+ mark.

Obviously a VHS tape that was repaired. 

12 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I do not love Trump or think he is a great president but I am in absolute terror about what any of these progressives would do to my rights. We currently have mayor's and governors trying to suspending constitutional rights, I can only.imagine the future if they feel they have big support.

The best way for the government to work for all of us is to have compromises, which work for both sides.  This all-or-nothing approach we're seeing right now is the real problem.  It seems that whoever has the upper hand doesn't really even have to bat a lash at what the other half of Americans want/need.  We are truly headed towards a country divided, so don't forget that the if the progressives do take power, you'll know exactly how the other half felt when they were left out.  

Also, for everyone here who treats this thread as a way to bash Democrats, you'd think you'd be perfectly happy to believe that the Democrats did nothing.  

Edited by daz28

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The best way for the government to work for all of us is to have compromises, which work for both sides.  This all-or-nothing approach we're seeing right now is the real problem.  It seems that whoever has the upper hand doesn't really even have to bat a lash at what the other half of Americans want/need.  We are truly headed towards a country divided, so don't forget that the if the progressives do take power, you'll know exactly how the other half felt when they were left out.  

Also, for everyone here who treats this thread as a way to bash Democrats, you'd think you'd be perfectly happy to believe that the Democrats did nothing.  

Who is being left out and how?

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Who is being left out and how?

Well, right now McConnel won't even look at a bill, unless he likes what's in it, thereby not having to expose his party to have a public vote on it, so the Democrats right now.  Trump does not even try to thinly veil that the Democrats are the enemy, so I imagine you're just being coy.

9 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Some things can be compromised on while other things lead to a stalemate or no direction taken. Where do you draw the line when it comes to a strong defense vs. a weak defense? Is it OK to diddle underage people if you only do it every other day? Abort half a baby? If you buy into the moderation or compromise game, more often than not you're just proposing a weak response. 

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Well, right now McConnel won't even look at a bill, unless he likes what's in it, thereby not having to expose his party to have a public vote on it, so the Democrats right now.  Trump does not even try to thinly veil that the Democrats are the enemy, so I imagine you're just being coy.

So you’re talking about Democrats being left out of the process not a segment of the population being left out?

Do you have any clue as to what's been going on in this country for the last 4 years? 

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Some things can be compromised on while other things lead to a stalemate or no direction taken. Where do you draw the line when it comes to a strong defense vs. a weak defense? Is it OK to diddle underage people if you only do it every other day? Abort half a baby? If you buy into the moderation or compromise game, more often than not you're just proposing a weak response. 

So you prefer the all or nothing approach??  That's the easy, weak response, and as I already told you it leads to a country divided.  Somehow they compromised for over 200 years

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Do you have any clue as to what's been going on in this country for the last 4 years? 

If you're saying a power struggle, then yes I do, but I see the side with the most power winning almost every time

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you’re talking about Democrats being left out of the process not a segment of the population being left out?

Liberals/conservatives, left/right, Democrat/Republican.  Call it what you will.  Their representation is being left ineffective

Edited by daz28

Just now, daz28 said:

So you prefer the all or nothing approach??  That's the easy, weak response, and as I already told you it leads to a country divided.  Somehow they compromised for over 200 years

Where did you get that from what I said? I clearly stated that some things can be compromised on while others can't. Give me some substantial examples of what we should be compromising on. 

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Liberals/conservatives, left/right, Democrat/Republican.  Call it what you will.  Their representation is being left ineffective

Because we have children running our government and have for years. 

Compromise ?

Never mind any actual action, look what happened to the last two Democrat congresspeople who even dared speak nicely about Trump/GOP

Their base will not allow ANY compromise.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Where did you get that from what I said? I clearly stated that some things can be compromised on while others can't. Give me some substantial examples of what we should be compromising on. 

Pretty much every issue

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Because we have children running our government and have for years. 

Spot on, and now those children have parents.  We call them corporate lobbyists

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Compromise ?

Never mind any actual action, look what happened to the last two Democrat congresspeople who even dared speak nicely about Trump/GOP

Their base will not allow ANY compromise.

That's both sides.  

Edited by daz28

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

We call them corporate lobbyists

That's both sides.  

You’re going to blame the lobbyists?  Because politicians have sold us out to the highest bidder the bidders are the ones at fault? 

That's both sides.  

No.

I won't play the "everybody's guilty" dodge.

There are zealots (if you will) on both sides.

But, as can be easily demonstrated over the past twenty years, it is the democrat party that will NOT compromise on any issue.

GOP does that to a much lesser extent 

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You’re going to blame the lobbyists?  Because politicians have sold us out to the highest bidder the bidders are the ones at fault? 

Did I assign blame, or are you again supposing I did?  I blame the system.  I'm all about taking the money out of politics.  

51 minutes ago, daz28 said:

What do you want/need that you're being deprived of? What are you being "left out" of?

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

What do you want/need that you're being deprived of? What are you being "left out" of?

A well functioning government that manages to compromise to meet the needs of all the people.  If you want an example, did you like the way Schiff went Nazi on the impeachment?  Do you think most people were happy with a trial with no witnesses, and several not allowed to testify?

Edited by daz28

A well functioning government that manages to compromise to meet the needs of all the people.  If you want an example, did you like the way Schiff went Nazi on the impeachment?  Do you think most people were happy with a trial with no witnesses, and several not allowed to testify?

Obviously impeachment was a political sham, but I don't see how it relates to compromise to meet the needs of the people. What "needs of the people" are the Democrats trying to meet where the Republicans refuse to compromise?

4 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Obviously impeachment was a political sham, but I don't see how it relates to compromise to meet the needs of the people. What "needs of the people" are the Democrats trying to meet where the Republicans refuse to compromise?

The average approval rating for Congress has been 17% for over 10 years, so I think it might be easier for you to tell me what needs actually HAVE been met.

If you want to know how they could have met the needs of the people during impeachment, maybe we'd have been happier to have gotten all the information, and then decided for ourselves what was true??  All witnesses, no closed door meetings.  Instead we got a circus.

Edited by daz28

The average approval rating for Congress has been 17% for over 10 years, so I think it might be easier for you to tell me what needs actually HAVE been met.

If you want to know how they could have met the needs of the people during impeachment, maybe we'd have been happier to have gotten all the information, and then decided for ourselves what was true??  All witnesses, no closed door meetings.  Instead we got a circus.

I agree that impeachment was a circus, but your example runs counter to your position.

Yes, the Democrats ran a sham impeachment for political purposes rather than addressing the needs of the country, but where have they been prevented from meeting the needs of the country due to the Republicans' refusal to compromise?

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

I agree that impeachment was a circus, but your example runs counter to your position.

Yes, the Democrats ran a sham impeachment for political purposes rather than addressing the needs of the country, but where have they been prevented from meeting the needs of the country due to the Republicans' refusal to compromise?

You're obviously not even attempting to understand.  The Republicans could have had witnesses.  C'mon man you're really not even trying.  If you think the Democrats are the only problem, then you're the problem, too.  

55 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You're obviously not even attempting to understand.  The Republicans could have had witnesses.  C'mon man you're really not even trying.  If you think the Democrats are the only problem, then you're the problem, too.  

If the best example you have is the bogus impeachment process, you're really not making your case.

We hashed that issue out in great detail at the time and I'm not going to relitigate it here other than to say that there was zero compromise on the part of the Democrats, and there was no basis for giving them a second attempt to manufacture evidence after they determined that the evidence they developed in the house was overwhelming. And comparing the Senate impeachment trial to a criminal trial is not a discussion worth having.

If that's the best example of Democrats attempt to meet the "needs" of the people being blocked by the refusal of Republicans to compromise, it appears this problem is not much of a problem after all. It appears the Democrats' decision to focus on politics over addressing the "needs" of their constituents may be the bigger problem.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, daz28 said:

....you cannot be serious.......do you really think compromise means meeting the needs of the people versus what is BEST SELF SERVING TO ME?.....I certainly hope that you do not think that WE takes precedent over a politician's ME....how can you diminish their primary function of personal aggrandizement and enrichment?.....good Lord, we're in trouble then.....

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

Did I assign blame, or are you again supposing I did?  I blame the system.  I'm all about taking the money out of politics.  

You blame the system. I blame the people who created and run the system. You can’t blame something that was created you blame the creators. Back to the drug analogy.  If there were no drug addicts there’d be no drug dealers. 

2 hours ago, daz28 said:

Pretty much every issue

Spot on, and now those children have parents.  We call them corporate lobbyists

That's both sides.  

I guess you weren't/aren't serious. Every issue should be compromised on? What a crockofshit. Have you ever taken a stand on something in your life?

40 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

If the best example you have is the bogus impeachment process, you're really not making your case.

We hashed that issue out in great detail at the time and I'm not going to relitigate it here other than to say that there was zero compromise on the part of the Democrats, and there was no basis for giving them a second attempt to manufacture evidence after they determined that the evidence they developed in the house was overwhelming. And comparing the Senate impeachment trial to a criminal trial is not a discussion worth having.

If that's the best example of Democrats attempt to meet the "needs" of the people being blocked by the refusal of Republicans to compromise, it appears this problem is not much of a problem after all. It appears the Democrats' decision to focus on politics over addressing the "needs" of their constituents may be the bigger problem.

Ok you're right.  Congress is a mess, and always has been only because of the Democrats(who used to the Republicans).  If only the Democrats got Covid, and all died, then Congress would be a finely tuned machine that met the needs of all the people all the time, because the Republicans would instantly remove all money involved in politics, which in turn would leave only the needs of the average American citizen at heart.  Gotcha.  To think I was really always this naïve.  I feel ashamed.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I guess you weren't/aren't serious. Every issue should be compromised on? What a crockofshit. Have you ever taken a stand on something in your life?

Yes, and sometimes I get what I want, sometimes I have to compromise.  So you're saying if you own a business with someone else, you don't have to compromise?  You just make a stand, and always get what you want?

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You blame the system. I blame the people who created and run the system. You can’t blame something that was created you blame the creators. Back to the drug analogy.  If there were no drug addicts there’d be no drug dealers. 

This doesn't even make sense.  Are you blaming the founding fathers or God?

38 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....you cannot be serious.......do you really think compromise means meeting the needs of the people versus what is BEST SELF SERVING TO ME?.....I certainly hope that you do not think that WE takes precedent over a politician's ME....how can you diminish their primary function of personal aggrandizement and enrichment?.....good Lord, we're in trouble then.....

Is this sarcasm?

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Ok you're right.  Congress is a mess, and always has been only because of the Democrats(who used to the Republicans).  If only the Democrats got Covid, and all died, then Congress would be a finely tuned machine that met the needs of all the people all the time, because the Republicans would instantly remove all money involved in politics, which in turn would leave only the needs of the average American citizen at heart.  Gotcha.  To think I was really always this naïve.  I feel ashamed.

Yes, and sometimes I get what I want, sometimes I have to compromise.  So you're saying if you own a business with someone else, you don't have to compromise?  You just make a stand, and always get what you want?

Are you intentionally trying to imitate Tiberius? I'll tell you what, if you own a business with someone else you should have figured out all the basic goals & methods before going into business with them. I don't know if you are being intentionally obtuse or that's just part of your nature. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Are you intentionally trying to imitate Tiberius? I'll tell you what, if you own a business with someone else you should have figured out all the basic goals & methods before going into business with them. I don't know if you are being intentionally obtuse or that's just part of your nature. 

You're being obtuse if you don't think that while running a country or a business that situations don't arise.  What was you're business Covid plan on Jan 1st?

Edited by daz28

Is this sarcasm?

Are you always this dense?  I’m blaming politicians who have become more and more concerned about themselves and lining their own pockets than they are about the people they serve. This was never the intention of the Founders.