Nothing like getting an early start to the day

I think the most important question is...why is there a flight from Chicago to South Bend? It's a 90 minute drive. 55 minutes (10 minutes of air time?) to fly at a cost of $277/rt. Considering you have to get to the airport early, it's actually quicker (and cheaper) to drive or take.....a train, which is also 90 minutes. Who are the people that fly this route? Why is that flight full? This is probably a regular thing for her, since it's usually empty. On a side note...snitches get stitches. Let me take a photo of them on their worst day of work. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, sherpa said:

Jet lag?

She is an Air Wisconsin flight attendant, working for a United contractor who goes nowhere outside the US, and rarely out of the central area.

Once again  a contract employee drags a name brand down.  But, they saved a bunch of money by going with contract people.:doh:

10 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

I think the most important question is...why is there a flight from Chicago to South Bend? It's a 90 minute drive. 55 minutes (10 minutes of air time?) to fly at a cost of $277/rt. Considering you have to get to the airport early, it's actually quicker (and cheaper) to drive or take.....a train, which is also 90 minutes. Who are the people that fly this route? Why is that flight full? This is probably a regular thing for her, since it's usually empty. On a side note...snitches get stitches. Let me take a photo of them on their worst day of work. 

Because almost all of the passengers on that flight didn't originate in Chicago, they started somewhere else and connected through there.

That's how a hub and spoke system works.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, sherpa said:

Jet lag?

She is an Air Wisconsin flight attendant, working for a United contractor who goes nowhere outside the US, and rarely out of the central area.

Just flew in on the Tokyo flight as a passenger...a quick GI shower, brush the teeth, and an easy day handing out peanuts on Air Wisconsin?  ?

On 8/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, 707BillsFan said:

They do flights here from a small Niagara airport across the lake to Toronto. I don't think it was the same price but it saves time instead of driving the 1-1/2 while having to find and overpay for parking while your in Toronto. It's also a small airport without larger commercial aircraft flying you in the same province so you don't have the same security wait times

On 8/9/2019 at 2:57 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

She did blow a .20 bac.

She gone... Unless... She's on some kind of medication that jacks up the reading.  Gout medication?

I believe that’s how The Cranberries lead singer died.  She drowned in the tub.

I think toxicology reports only showed like 3 beers worth of alcohol but her bac was like .3

The medication spiked the alcohol level.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/9/2019 at 6:41 PM, apuszczalowski said:

Alcoholism is a disease today, can't fire someone due to a disease.

Sure you can.

This industry doesn't tolerate it.

If her union has a standard contract, she will probably be sent to rehab, but in this industry you can absolutely be fired for showing up drunk.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, 707BillsFan said:

To get recruits in from all over the world, to the Chicago airports.