Bills skyrocket from 26th to 6th in ESPN’s Talent under-25 Talent rankings

With so much young talent on the roster, it’s no surprise that the Bills skyrocketed up ESPN+ and Football Outsiders’ NFL under-25 talent roster ranking. After finishing 26th one season ago, Buffalo found themselves at No. 6 in this year’s ranking.

Here is what Scott Spratt of Football Outsiders said about the Bills’ young talent in the ESPN+ article.

2018 ranking: 26

Blue-chip players: Tremaine Edmunds, ILB; Josh Allen, QB; Tre’Davious White, CB; Ed Oliver, DT

Notable graduated players: Matt Milano, OLB; Dion Dawkins, LT; Shaq Lawson, DE; Robert Foster, WR

Nice endorsement from ESPN. I am glad they recognize the patience being exercised by Beane & Company as they build a competitive roster for the long haul. Outside of the obvious mentions of Allen, White, Edmunds and White, we see Dawkins! Good stuff! At least someone is paying attention.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

5/7/94

thats the worry with Foster.  It’s not like he’s some young player.  He was 23 his senior year in college and couldn’t really crack the lineup.  

I wasn’t worried about it. I was just surprised. 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, H2o said:

No mention of Levi Wallace?

they mentioned him, or maybe the New York Upstate site did. Idk cuz i dont have ESPN+

But this is a quote from the article:

The GM has also shown a knack for finding contributors after the draft as Levi Wallace and Robert Foster both stood out on the field for the Bills over their final season games last season.

Edited by brianthomas
  • Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Worried not the right word but I wish he was younger and could chalk up his inconsistency  to age.  

It’s why he went undrafted, but if the Bills are able to get any production from him like they did 2nd half of last season after investing nothing in terms of money or draft picks, that’s a win. I don’t care how old he is. Now, his age could come into play when he goes for that next contract.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

Not surprised. They say the NFL is a copycat league and that works for the media too. Not many of the 'experts' have the time to thoroughly research every team, so a lot tend to read what other have said and sort of base their opinions on that. Quite a few 'experts' have predicted the Bills to do well this year, and that's beginning to filter down to others now. I think by the time the season kicks off we'll be getting picked as a lot of peoples' surprise team of the year.

• Like (+1) 1