Gruden hearts Peterman

Hey Good for him i suppose.....possibly the worst QB to have ever walked on an NFL field gets chance after chance after chance......Invest that money now young one!!

22 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

So 3/12 were you a Marsha guy, or Ginger.  I was Marsha.

Mrs Howell

I chase the money.

But for hot?

Jeannie, I still dream of her  lol.
Mary Anne if it was between the two of them. Cute

As soon as Chucky sent that out, every opposing defensive back in the league checked their team's schedule to see when they play the Raiders - hoping he gets the nod to start and that it is early enough in the season that they get a shot at going up against him before Gruden gets back on his meds and is forced to hand him a clip board for the rest of the season.

12 hours ago, eball said:

Well, why don't you humor me and spell it out then?  Because to the uninformed reader it looks like you're just trying to belittle other Bills fans.

No not JUST Bills fans, also the Bills coach and GM who allowed Peterman to start the season, and then when he once again couldn’t get through halftime, kept him as the only backup option for SIX WEEKS.

Then when the inevitable happened and he was forced into a game and threw a pick six and another int to lose a very winnable game, still didn’t cut him and in fact started him once again 3 weeks later where he put up 3 more int and 6 points. 

So maybe I think it’s pathetic that we have 8 pages ragging on Gruden. because while it sounds dumb to say “Nathan Peterman is growing on me”, it’s a lot dumber to do what this Buffalo Bills did very very recently. 

Y’all act like this is ancient history, but they started NP 7 games ago!

@Chemical thanks for confirming you’re a troll. You know, if you don’t like the topic in a thread you can completely avoid it! Crazy how that works.

I can’t think of a single Bills fan who understands or supports McD’s odd attachment to Peterman. That doesn’t mean we can’t laugh at and belittle Gruden for apparently making the same mistake. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Mrs Howell

I chase the money.

But for hot?

Jeannie, I still dream of her  lol.
Mary Anne if it was between the two of them. Cute

I had such a crush on Jeannie watching the reruns of that show.  I’m not old enough as to when they first aired.  That and my Farrah Fawcett poster like every boy in the late 70’s.  You remember, the famous one of her in that orange one piece bathing suit.

7 hours ago, eball said:

@Chemical thanks for confirming you’re a troll. You know, if you don’t like the topic in a thread you can completely avoid it! Crazy how that works.

I can’t think of a single Bills fan who understands or supports McD’s odd attachment to Peterman. That doesn’t mean we can’t laugh at and belittle Gruden for apparently making the same mistake. 

That’s my whole point!

Less than a year ago many thought he would lead us to the playoffs or at least a .500+ record. I would bet you were probably one of them given how sensitive you are to any criticism of the Buffalo Bills. 

You’re welcome to laugh at Gruden but it only makes you a hypocrite if you had any hope when he was named opening day starter last year. 

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

That’s my whole point!

Less than a year ago many thought he would lead us to the playoffs or at least a .500+ record. I would bet you were probably one of them given how sensitive you are to any criticism of the Buffalo Bills. 

You’re welcome to laugh at Gruden but it only makes you a hypocrite if you had any hope when he was named opening day starter last year. 

"Many?"  How about "a stubborn few."  I certainly wasn't one of them.  Regardless, your "point" in this thread (calling Bills fans hypocrites) is dubious at best.  Don't you have something better to do?

2 minutes ago, eball said:

"Many?"  How about "a stubborn few."  I certainly wasn't one of them.  Regardless, your "point" in this thread (calling Bills fans hypocrites) is dubious at best.  Don't you have something better to do?

Why do you always want to talk about me and not the fact that we have a coach and GM who drafted and then started the worst QB of all-time multiple times?

Doesn’t that give you any pause about their decision making process’? Because a lot of ppl in this thread seem to think it says a lot about Gruden’s. 

6 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Why do you always want to talk about me and not the fact that we have a coach and GM who drafted and then started the worst QB of all-time multiple times?

Doesn’t that give you any pause about their decision making process’? Because a lot of ppl in this thread seem to think it says a lot about Gruden’s. 

Dude.  McD said the same things about Peterman that Gruden is.  Peterman obviously is a great guy who does very well in non-pressure practice situations.  He has some quality about him that makes these coaches think he will be able to translate it to games, but when the "real" bullets fly he becomes one of the worst to ever play the position.

That's not a flaw in McD's "process" -- it's a mistaken evaluation.  It's over.  But it's hilarious that a new coach (Gruden) is falling into the same trap.

Edited by eball

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Dude.  McD said the same things about Peterman that Gruden is.  Peterman obviously is a great guy who does very well in non-pressure practice situations.  He has some quality about him that makes these coaches think he will be able to translate it to games, but when the "real" bullets fly he becomes one of the worst to ever play the position.

That's not a flaw in McD's "process" -- it's a mistaken evaluation.  It's over.  But it's hilarious that a new coach (Gruden) is falling into the same trap.

Im only suggesting this might not be true. What quality is that? Don’t you think McD might fall for that same quality in other players that are just simply not talented enough to play in this league at a competent let alone high level?

And yeah it is hilarious about Gruden, but let’s have some context as we just started the guy less than half a season ago. As Bills fans maybe we should let the rest of the league laugh at Gruden AND us in regard to Peterman. 

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Im only suggesting this might not be true. What quality is that? Don’t you think McD might fall for that same quality in other players that are just simply not talented enough to play in this league at a competent let alone high level?

And yeah it is hilarious about Gruden, but let’s have some context as we just started the guy less than half a season ago. As Bills fans maybe we should let the rest of the league laugh at Gruden AND us in regard to Peterman. 

This is an insane "point" you are trying to prove.  The Bills and their fans have already been subject to laughter and critique for Peterman's antics.  What additional punishment are you seeking to impose upon us?  Why this crusade?  So they didn't cut Peterman until midway through last season...so what?  They cut him and it's over.

I simply do not understand supposed Bills fans who want to see other Bills fans muted or beaten down.  You have some ridiculous notion that we are supposed to continue to suffer for the Peterman debacle?  Why does that make any sense at all?

And as to your "worry" that the Peterman debacle implies McD doesn't know how to evaluate talent, that's absurd as well.  The QB position is unique.  Peterman was one of those guys who did absolutely everything right except perform in games.  And it doesn't matter any more.  He's gone.

So again -- what is your point?  That people should be sitting around "worrying" about whether McD can evaluate talent?  Go for it, buddy.  I've got better things to do like get ready for what appears will be a fun season.

3 hours ago, Chemical said:

That’s my whole point!

I don't know anyone who believed that Peterman was going to lead the team to the playoffs and/or a .500 + record. That is a fabrication. If there were people who had that delusional belief they were fringe believers far away from the mainstream thinking on the qb. The overwhelming consensus was that none of our qbs were genuine franchise qbs. You are entitled to your opinion. However, making up stuff does not enhance one's credibility; it sabotages it. 

16 hours ago, major said:

This thread is becoming an all time classic! Thanks y’all for the laughs

It needs at least another 42 pages before it even sniffs classic status. The Da'Rick Rogers vs Chris Hogan thread reached over 100 pages if I recall correctly. 

That reminds me. Hey @Kirby Jackson, you still owe me 36 tacos from Taco Bell for Hogan's 18 regular season TD's you deadbeat! And they better be soft tacos (and supremes cus I like the tomatoes)!