Robert S. Mueller III Testimony Before Congress

Just now, DC Tom said:

He can't even be impeached for it now. 

And you're only hearing what you want to hear.  There's no evidence of obstruction, just vague feelings and interpretations of conflicting opinions. 

But he can be charged for it once he's out of the White House.

And there is evidence. The question would become if a prosecutor can convince a jury that it happened, based off written evidence and testimony from witnesses. 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Truly you are speculating on the reason..do you disagree it is speculation? Pretty simple i think???

Not when it's backed by evidence and motive. Which this is ;)

Easy to prove me wrong with another explanation that works. But there isn't one.

Just now, jrober38 said:

And there is evidence. The question would become if a prosecutor can convince a jury that it happened, based off written evidence and testimony from witnesses. 

Every scrap of evidence is untested in court or by cross examination. It's not real. And there's ample evidence much of it was manipulated (like the edited voicemail to Flynn's counsel). 

There's nothing real here -- but for Vol I -- which they're trying their best to ignore. Why?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"[C]learly stated Trump may have..."

Do you even understand how stupid that sounds?  How do you indict on 12 counts of "may have obstructed?"

I thought we're supposed to assume people are innocent until proven guilty?

Just now, jrober38 said:

If there's evidence, impeach him on it.  That's what impeachment is for: to remove an otherwise-immune official from office so he can be criminally charged.  

They've only fed you the "We'll charge him once he's out of office" line to string you along for 2020.  

Just now, jrober38 said:

I thought we're supposed to assume people are innocent until proven guilty?

Yes.  And you're the one presuming guilt until innocence is proven.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

If there's evidence, impeach him on it.  That's what impeachment is for: to remove an otherwise-immune official from office so he can be criminally charged.  

They've only fed you the "We'll charge him once he's out of office" line to string you along for 2020.  

I've already said I think this is what should and shouldn't happen with you. I agree they should impeach if that's what they want, and that the shouldn't go after him once he's out of politics. 

However it doesn't seem to be what Democrat Leadership wants. Impeachment is very unpopular among Americans, and it seems as though if anything does happen it will be after Trump is out of office. 

Edited by jrober38

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

The government sets you up for a sham charge of a crime that the same government later admits you didn’t do and then comes down on you for trying to stop the sham that they set up. Nice!

Federal law enforcement has an awful lot of latitude that pretty much allows it.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not when it's backed by evidence and motive. Which this is ;)

Easy to prove me wrong with another explanation that works. But there isn't one.

we can argue to days end..unless you have access to DOJ and know for certain why he was not charged, it is by definition speculation

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I've already said I think this is what should and shouldn't happen with you. I agree they should impeach if that's what they want, and that the shouldn't go after him once he's out of politics. 

However it doesn't seem to be what Democrat Leadership wants. Impeachment is very unpopular among Americans, and it seems as though if anything does happen it will be after Trump is out of office. 

Do you realize that you just stated that Democrats are doing nothing but playing politics with a criminal investigation?  

You clearly don't agree with me at all, if you're okay with that.

Just now, DC Tom said:

Do you realize that you just stated that Democrats are doing nothing but playing politics with a criminal investigation?  

You clearly don't agree with me at all, if you're okay with that.

I do realize that, and I think it's wrong. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Witness tampering. This is a criminal enterprise 

They're going to go after him for all this stuff when he's done as POTUS. 

The left is too emotional, and they'll want revenge for the slights they think they've faced under the Trump administration. 

The far left won't be satisfied until Trump is behind bars. 

Edited by jrober38

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Federal law enforcement has an awful lot of latitude that pretty much allows it.

Not arguing that they do or don’t. Just making it clear what actually happened here. I agree with the President. This should not happen to another President...ever! We’ve ventured into slippery slope territory here.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

and obstructing, or trying to obstruct, that investigation is a crime. 

That was my point.  Federal law enforcement is allowed to investigate an non-existent crime, to attempt to "create" a real crime of obstruction.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

If you're speaking generally, every president can be charged for "it" when they leave office.  The dead ones are probably safe, but what about Gerald Ford? 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

unless you want to show the evidence in court..its all speculation..saying "i know, but i cant tell ya how" is speculation, plain and simple

The evidence is out there. Mueller accuses Mifsud of lying three times -- but didn't charge him despite charging everyone else who lied to his team. Every one. 

So, why would he let Mifsud slide but no one else? 

It is because Mifsud is right at the origin of the entire thing. And compromising him would reveal the entire investigation was started under false pretenses. This isn't even speculation anymore. It's backed by reams of evidence. Much of it available here.

Just now, jrober38 said:

The left is too emotional, and they'll want revenge for the slights they think they've faced under the Trump administration. 

Attorney General Kamala Harris. 

Dems have to go after someone that worked with a foreign power to steal an election, they have to 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If you're speaking generally, every president can be charged for "it" when they leave office.  The dead ones are probably safe, but what about Gerald Ford? 

Ford's dead too.

Just now, DC Tom said:

That was my point.  Federal law enforcement is allowed to investigate an non-existent crime, to attempt to "create" a real crime of obstruction.

so let me ask..you are saying they can truly make up an investigation on a crime they know not to have occurred? That i did not know

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

and obstructing, or trying to obstruct, that investigation is a crime. 

Trump must be REALLY bad at ‘trying to obstruct’ then because Mueller testifies that he wasn’t obstructed. This is bizarro world stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

unless you want to show the evidence in court..its all speculation..saying "i know, but i cant tell ya how" is speculation, plain and simple

It'll be shown in court.  But not by DR.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The far left won't be satisfied until Trump is behind bars. 

Who is doing the questioning today? The left or the far left?  I can't see a difference. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The evidence is out there. Mueller accuses Mifsud of lying three times -- but didn't charge him despite charging everyone else who lied to his team. Every one. 

So, why would he let Mifsud slide but no one else? 

It is because Mifsud is right at the origin of the entire thing. And compromising him would reveal the entire investigation was started under false pretenses. This isn't even speculation anymore. It's backed by reams of evidence. Much of it available here.

again, that is speculation...you thnik it is proof..until i see something or someone from DOJ testifies that is the reason no charge, speculation

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Trump must be REALLY bad at ‘trying to obstruct’ then because Mueller testifies that he wasn’t obstructed. This is bizarro world stuff.

He didn't really say that...at all.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

again, that is speculation...you thnik it is proof..until i see something or someone from DOJ testifies that is the reason no charge, speculation

It's not speculation to state Mifsud is at the center of the origin, or if he was compromised it would destroy the entire foundation of the case. 

That's factual.