Robert S. Mueller III Testimony Before Congress

LOL, Ms Scanlon is speaking s l o w l y and c a r e f u l l y as if she were talking to a three year old.

Steube: You’ve testified you weren’t fired & were allowed to complete investigation

Mueller: I’m not going to speak anymore to that

:w00t:

I can't imagine what his Senate testimony is going to be like.

Image result for es vedra island

• Haha (+1) 2

?

At this point, some GOP congressman should ask Mueller, “Have you ever read the Mueller report?”

At the end of Armstrong’s questioning, Mueller appeared to look directly at Nadler to “make it stop”.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Now they're back to trying to conflate WikiLeaks with Russian intelligence. 

WikiLeaks does NOT = Russian intelligence. Never has. 

They think we're stupid.

Judging by the responses, they are right.   This is not going to end well.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

What?

Mueller has said numerous times that Trump has not been exonerated. 

Tiberius has not been exonerated in the Seth Rich murder. 

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Demings: "Lies by Trump campaign officials and administration officials impeded your investigation."

Mueller: "I would generally agree with that."

Then why hasn't he charged them?  They're not Trump and if convicted would set up impeachment or future indictment of Trump.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Right. 

But that's not Mueller's job.

This isn't complicated.

What do you think Mueller's job was?  

I mean, the DoJ policy predated Mueller's investigation.  It was in place before he started.  So if it was somehow his job to get a criminal indictment against the President, it was known at his appointment that he'd never succeed.  

• Like (+1) 2

The former judge, Representative Ratcliffe concluded: 

“I agree with Chairman Nadler this morning when he said Donald Trump is not above the law.
But he damn sure should not be below the law which is where Volume II of this report puts him.” 

per50222.gif
Rep. Ratcliffe

In a totally new line of attack, Rep Sylvia Garcia is reading what Mueller wrote, then asking him if that was in what he wrote.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I'm playing catch up on this thread, but I just wanted to drop a line and say What the Literal hell? Come. On. You have to see how stupid that sounds. 

I'm very familiar with most of my assumptions, to be honest.

9 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Then why hasn't he charged them?  They're not Trump and if convicted would set up impeachment or future indictment of Trump.

Don't forget: it's already been claimed, months back, that "defending yourself" is "obstruction of justice."

• Like (+1) 1

Any lawyers here able to provide perspective?  Looking very basically at the US code, specifically 1503 and 1505 of Title 18, to be guilty of attempted obstruction, the alleged offender would have to attempt to interfere directly or with someone directly involved with the investigation or the justice/trial process.

I suppose in 1505, if Trump were to influence/order his staff to make efforts to interfere, Trump could be found guilty via Congress's 1996 clarification of "corruptly".

It seems to me, it would have to be proven that Trump was serious in his efforts, the target would have to follow through with an obstruction attempt or suffer a job loss/punishment if they disobeyed Trump?

Just hoping for some real world perspective on how "attempted obstruction" is determined to be a crime if the attempt is indirect.

https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-resource-manual-1725-protection-government-processes-obstruction-pending-proceeding-18

Edited by GaryPinC

Johnson: "Point of order. Was the purpose of this hearing to get Mueller to recommend impeachment?"

Nadler didn't think that was appropriate (but it's the truth). 

Powell makes the mistake of asking Mueller to talk about his own report and how he arrived at a conclusion.

Mueller won't do it (can't do it?)

Because Mueller didn't write the report. Weissman did.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Any lawyers here able to provide perspective?  Looking very basically at the US code, specifically 1503 and 1505 of Title 18, to be guilty of attempted obstruction, the alleged offender would have to attempt to interfere directly or with someone directly involved with the investigation or the justice/trial process.

I suppose in 1505, if Trump were to influence/order his staff to make efforts to interfere, Trump could be found guilty via Congress's 1996 clarification of "corruptly".

It seems to me, it would have to be proven that Trump was serious in his efforts, the target would have to follow through with an obstruction attempt or suffer a job loss/punishment if they disobeyed Trump?

Just hoping for some real world perspective on how "attempted obstruction" is determined to be a crime if the attempt is indirect.

https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-resource-manual-1725-protection-government-processes-obstruction-pending-proceeding-18

Not a lawyer, but the question that nobody wants to answer is that even if Muller was hesitant to charge a sitting President with obstruction, why did he not charge anyone else in his orbit?  If there was obstruction, Trump couldn't have done it on his own.

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah dems......................it's going great.

Mollie Hemingway: "In fact, he comes across as completely out of it, a figurehead to protect those who were actually running the probe. That so many Clinton allies were running the probe without real oversight from Mueller (or any skepticism from the media) is suddenly difficult to ignore."

Just now, whatdrought said:

Okay, I was working and only got bits and pieces of this. Can someone from each side of the argument post what they feel is the best report/summarization? 

@Tiberius if you have one I will read it without flaming it- just wanting both sides. 

It's simple: 

Every democrat asked questions about Volume 2 while ignoring completely Volume 1. The dem tag line / talking point (which they all repeated) was "no one is above the law."

Every republican asked questions about Volume 1 and shot holes in Volume 2 being untested. 

It was a bad look for Mueller who came off as dottering and not sharp, on top of being unwilling to expound on even his own report.

• Like (+1) 3

SING ALONG:

But I can’t speak to that, no (no) no can do
No, I can’t speak to that, no (no) no can do
I can’t speak to that, no (no) no can do
I can’t speak to that
Can’t speak to that
Can’t speak to that
Can’t speak to that

H/T Hall and Oats

• Like (+1) 3