Robert S. Mueller III Testimony Before Congress

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Okay, I was working and only got bits and pieces of this. Can someone from each side of the argument post what they feel is the best report/summarization? 

@Tiberius if you have one I will read it without flaming it- just wanting both sides. 

They established Trump pressured witnesses, attempted to get them to lie, to create false documents and to violate ethics rules to unrecuse themselves. The investigation was obviously short changed by Trumps efforts. 

The Russian investigation was obviously obstructed 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

@Deranged Rhino - Do you see Mueller as more of a puppet/less of a bad actor in this now, or do you still think he was motivated by partisan ideals?

I still stand by my original take -- he was given a choice in that meeting with Trump: help the cause or go down with the ship. 

His report helped the cause (it cleared Trump of Russian conspiracy). 

Mueller's testimony helped the cause further today by making the dems look nuts for pushing this so hard.

Weissman was the bad actor, and his team was under watch while they were compiling this report. Their time in the chamber is coming -- but not until well after the fallout from the IG report hits.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Tiberius said:

They established Trump pressured witnesses, attempted to get them to lie, to create false documents and to violate ethics rules to unrecuse themselves. The investigation was obviously short changed by Trumps efforts. 

The Russian investigation was obviously obstructed 

Do you, or one of the sources for your conclussions (if they are not your own), have detailed write ups demonstrating how this was proven? Again, not flaming- I want to see this from each side and see what I didn't get to watch. 

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's simple: 

Every democrat asked questions about Volume 2 while ignoring completely Volume 1. The dem tag line / talking point (which they all repeated) was "no one is above the law."

Every republican asked questions about Volume 1 and shot holes in Volume 2 being untested. 

It was a bad look for Mueller who came off as dottering and not sharp, on top of being unwilling to expound on even his own report.

Some of these twitter feeds are helpful, but do you know of anyone who is or has written a direct conclusion/write up? 

Do you, or one of the sources for your conclussions (if they are not your own), have detailed write ups demonstrating how this was proven? Again, not flaming- I want to see this from each side and see what I didn't get to watch. 

They literally read sections of the report (after hoping Mueller would do it, but he refused to read from the report) and asked him to agree or disagree with his own words. 

Mind you, every statement in Vol 2 is untested, was never crossed or verified. 

So it was just a regurgitation of the report without getting anything new out of him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Some of these twitter feeds are helpful, but do you know of anyone who is or has written a direct conclusion/write up? 

That'll probably happen in the coming hours. Hard to find non-biased twitter feeds doing anything live. Will keep my eyes out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

They literally read sections of the report (after hoping Mueller would do it, but he refused to read from the report) and asked him to agree or disagree with his own words. 

Mind you, every statement in Vol 2 is untested, was never crossed or verified. 

So it was just a regurgitation of the report without getting anything new out of him. 

Thanks. I'm not trying to be an idiot- I have a close friend whose bought the story of collusion and obstruction and I don't want to go into a follow up without knowing what each side thinks and why. I am hoping to watch it when I get some time. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

No

Thanks. I'm not trying to be an idiot- I have a close friend whose bought the story of collusion and obstruction and I don't want to go into a follow up without knowing what each side thinks and why. I am hoping to watch it when I get some time. 

:beer: I get that completely and don't think you're being an idiot. I also don't want to give you something biased without saying it is.

The left will crow that this helps the impeachment cause -- I think it hurt it. Badly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

They make an ass out of u, and ming the merciless gets pissed off?

I love saying "you know what they say about assuming, it makes an ass out of you" and then pausing and waiting for whomever I am directing it to to reply "and me." 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Yes, you should watch it 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

No

No problem. If you find anything that you feel captures your view on it, feel free to share it here with me or if you want to do so in private message thats fine too. Again, as much as I give you crap a lot, I am not looking to flame here. :)