Robert S. Mueller III Testimony Before Congress

Mueller’s responses to the GOP questions remind me of “Uncle Leo” on Seinfeld, when Jerry caught him shoplifting...

“I’m an Old Man! I Get Confused!!!! I thought I paid for this...”

?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The government sets you up for a sham charge of a crime that the same government later admits you didn’t do and then comes down on you for trying to stop the sham that they set up. Nice!

I'm sorry, that's just too direct and to the point :beer:.

32 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Okay, I was working and only got bits and pieces of this. Can someone from each side of the argument post what they feel is the best report/summarization? 

@Tiberius if you have one I will read it without flaming it- just wanting both sides. 

Tell my 10,000 foot version

1) It sounded right from the get go Mueller did not know the report inside and out , he did not lead the day to day. he did sound old and not quite up to the task at times

2) Both sides hammered home their talking points .. no news there. Obstruction for the Dems..bias and how the investigation got started for GOP

3) Republicans made some good points about why certain people were not charged 

4) Democrats made salient points that some of the "obstructive acts" ( seems like they were focusing on 5) would constitute criminal bbehavior and met the 3 criteria( i forgot what the criteria are) to charge if Trump was a private citizen and not the POTUS

In the end, nothing and nobody  will change..hopefully this is the end of this whole thing and we can move on

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Schiff starts off saying the report shows Trump's "disloyalty to country" then says "it might not have been criminal" (after YEARS of saying it was). 

What a turd bucket.

Image result for alan schiff

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Schiff starts off saying the report shows Trump's "disloyalty to country" then says "it might not have been criminal" (after YEARS of saying it was). 

What a turd bucket.

.....more like a turd tanker.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Was I the only one tickled every time a dem closed their time with "NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW"... 

(unless you cross the border illegally, then it's fine)

Was it up there with them all starting with "first, let me just say Mrs. Ford, I believe you and I love you and I support you and I am so sorry that all of this happened to you" etc. etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

.....guess I should be surprised the Post portrays Bob as a "victim" now...how shocking (COUGH)........

Republicans attack Mueller probe as Democrats press on obstruction

Washington Post Staff
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Schiff is such a ****head.

He looks like James Spaders bad stunt double in a film about Spader's character as a Pedophile. 

Schiff looks pissed that Mueller isn't just agreeing to everything...

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

What do you think Mueller's job was?  

I mean, the DoJ policy predated Mueller's investigation.  It was in place before he started.  So if it was somehow his job to get a criminal indictment against the President, it was known at his appointment that he'd never succeed.  

His job was to establish if the Russians interfered with the election, and to determine if the Trump campaign conspired with them along the way.

In investigating those things, they established that Russia did interfere, and during the process it seems as though Trump attempted to obstruct justice multiple times, including a couple attempts at witness tampering.