RIP Ross Perot

Independent POTUS candidate in 1992 that split the Republican vote enough to allow the Clinton's into the White House.  For that maybe I don't want him to rest too well but I was raised to not speak ill  of the dead for the most part.  

Edited by RochesterRob

38 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wouldn’t want to be remembered as the guy who started the Clinton political machine...

but the Clinton people claim that the party split in voting for Perot was 50/50

i would argue about this,,,, but,,,,,, Papa Bush didn't really want a second term and his top man James Baker didn't really care to try either

When I was a college student in the Information System Club in the early 80s we went on a tour of his EDS facility in Dallas. It was amazing.

I voted for Ross twice for prez.  The heck with the Clinton's, Ross was trying to win and we'd all be a lot better off if he did.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

When I was a college student in the Information System Club in the early 80s we went on a tour of his EDS facility in Dallas. It was amazing.

I voted for Ross twice for prez.  The heck with the Clinton's, Ross was trying to win and we'd all be a lot better off if he did.

Trump learned a lot from his runs

Ross cared too much about the media's perception of him, that would have stifled him

Dana Carvey's Ross imitation of : "Can i finish? Can i finish? Can i finish? Can i finish? Can i finish? Can i finish? Can i finish? CAN!!!!!  I!!!!! FINISH!!!!" was a perfect take from when AlGore ate Ross for dinner in their little debate on Larry King.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

but the Clinton people claim that the party split in voting for Perot was 50/50

i would argue about this,,,, but,,,,,, Papa Bush didn't really want a second term and his top man James Baker didn't really care to try either

Yes it sure seemed during the campaign that Bush was barely going through the motions. 

14 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes it sure seemed during the campaign that Bush was barely going through the motions. 

the turning point was the debate where the African-American woman asked a totally pointless question about how Papa Bush was hurt by the taxation/economic/central policy thing

Bush stood there without a clue what she asked

Bill said "how has it hurt you???"

and that was that....

5 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I was all for Perot, and thought he would get more votes than he did, if he had not quit, then rejoined the race part way through. 

20% was pretty damn good. it also gave the erection election to Clinton.

Edited by Foxx

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

The one guy who knew what damage NAFTA would create 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And boy was he right.

That giant sucking sound......

RIP