RIP Ross Perot

it's easy to stand there and point a finger and say everything sucks

he got heavily involved in the POW movement of Nam, it was hard where to draw the line, he made sure of it

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Ross was Trump before Trump was Trump.

Uh, no.

Ross was nothing like Trump.  Can you find one instance where he insulted someone or made a funny nickname for them?  What Entertainment Hollywood type tape came out about Ross?  He had well thought out plans with numbers and stuff to back it up.  What does Trump have to compare?  "It's just dumb everybody knows that."

Yeah, he was a little nutty, but nowhere near Trump flaming narcissist school yard bully nutty.  Different kind of nutty altogether.

And what got us Clinton was not Ross, it was all the people that voted for Clinton.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's easy to stand there and point a finger and say everything sucks

he got heavily involved in the POW movement of Nam, it was hard where to draw the line, he made sure of it

also, after lobbying the government to no avail,  he sent his own boys into Iran to rescue two of his employees who were kidnapped.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Uh, no.

Ross was nothing like Trump.  Can you find one instance where he insulted someone or made a funny nickname for them?  What Entertainment Hollywood type tape came out about Ross?  He had well thought out plans with numbers and stuff to back it up.  What does Trump have to compare?  "It's just dumb everybody knows that."

Yeah, he was a little nutty, but nowhere near Trump flaming narcissist school yard bully nutty.  Different kind of nutty altogether.

And what got us Clinton was not Ross, it was all the people that voted for Clinton.

it's more an attitude of not sucking up to either Party's Machine, getting out there on your own.

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Uh, no.

Ross was nothing like Trump.  Can you find one instance where he insulted someone or made a funny nickname for them?  What Entertainment Hollywood type tape came out about Ross.  He had well thought out plans with numbers and stuff to back it up.  What does Trump have to compare?  "It's just dumb everybody knows that."

Yeah, he was a little nutty, but nowhere near Trump flaming narcissist school yard bully nutty.

you say tomatoe, i say tomato.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Ross was Trump before Trump was Trump.

...damn good analogy bud......envisioned running government like a business which he was hugely successful at.....problem is business like his MAKE money....government on the other hand....you know the rest.............

14 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

How exactly are they the same then?  I have pointed out how they are not and all you can come up with is your best Fred Astaire impersonation?

George and Ira Gershwin

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

How exactly are they the same then?  I have pointed out how they are not and all you can come up with is your best Fred Astaire impersonation?

Perot was anti-establishment. however, he was too much a gentleman to call them what they so obviously were/are. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

culturally speaking.....

anyone invoking the Gershwins is miles ahead of someone invoking Fred Astaire

you are an imbecile

• Haha (+1) 1

RICK PERRY: NOW THAT ROSS PEROT IS GONE, I CAN TELL THIS STORY.

During my time as governor of this great state, I had the honor and privilege of knowing countless warriors who stepped forward to serve in Iraq and Afghanistan and returned home with horrific wounds of war. U.S. Army Cpl. Alan Babin Jr. is one such hero.

While serving in Iraq in 2003 as a medic in the 82nd Airborne, Alan was shot in the abdomen while tending to a fallen comrade. While Alan survived his injury, he faced a long and difficult road to recovery, complicated by the onset of meningitis and a stroke-induced coma that left him confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

On the one-year anniversary of his wounding, I joined Alan and his family for a small gathering. He was still in very bad shape, neurologically and physically incapacitated. When I asked his mother, Rosie,  what I could do to help, she said she was eager to get him out of the hospital and back home, but struggling with the prospect of transporting Alan to his many medical visits.

I knew there was one person to call: Ross Perot. What happened next still amazes me to this day.

Read the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

RICK PERRY: NOW THAT ROSS PEROT IS GONE, I CAN TELL THIS STORY.

During my time as governor of this great state, I had the honor and privilege of knowing countless warriors who stepped forward to serve in Iraq and Afghanistan and returned home with horrific wounds of war. U.S. Army Cpl. Alan Babin Jr. is one such hero.

While serving in Iraq in 2003 as a medic in the 82nd Airborne, Alan was shot in the abdomen while tending to a fallen comrade. While Alan survived his injury, he faced a long and difficult road to recovery, complicated by the onset of meningitis and a stroke-induced coma that left him confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

On the one-year anniversary of his wounding, I joined Alan and his family for a small gathering. He was still in very bad shape, neurologically and physically incapacitated. When I asked his mother, Rosie,  what I could do to help, she said she was eager to get him out of the hospital and back home, but struggling with the prospect of transporting Alan to his many medical visits.

I knew there was one person to call: Ross Perot. What happened next still amazes me to this day.

Read the whole thing..

Wow.

Absolutely amazing thing to do for that family.