Gronk must be staying retired...seems to have lost all muscle

Just now, stuvian said:

i will never forgive the Marv Levy regime for ignoring him when he was in our own backyard

I seem to recall him getting more than a few features on the Buffalo sportscasts during his high school and University days.

plus his family and local scouts would have been touting him all those years as well

My fave 2/4/7 local feature was a huge hoops player in high school who blocked a shot so hard it went 20 feet in the air and slammed off the wall over his team’s bench and they were so used to this they didn’t even react

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/4/2019 at 11:36 AM, row_33 said:

you are a mere peon civilian, you have no idea what pro teams with multi-millions invested in a body (and the insurance) resorts to for peak performance

some are born with the most amazing physical attributes and metabolisms, maybe you knew a few growing up who made it to pro sports

us mere mortals have no point of comparison

looool, i love old clown shoes who worship pro athletes and take pot shots at anyone who dares to question their divine right!

who knows what fantastical magic they have?!?!  and their hidden space steroids!!

the athletic ability of every NFL athlete is well tested in the combine, and you can see exactly how you compare by doing the same stuff yourself.

all of this is well studied and published.  long story short: in most sports small differences in attributes or abilities lead to large differences in results, so you end up with very specialized athletes with very particular phenotypes.

all that said, even in a less fine skilled sport like football (for most positions anyhow) has an enormous skill and space/motion talent element.  Taylor Mays couldn't play safety as well as a number of much much lesser athletes, for example.

11 minutes ago, colin said:

looool, i love old clown shoes who worship pro athletes and take pot shots at anyone who dares to question their divine right!

who knows what fantastical magic they have?!?!  and their hidden space steroids!!

the athletic ability of every NFL athlete is well tested in the combine, and you can see exactly how you compare by doing the same stuff yourself.

all of this is well studied and published.  long story short: in most sports small differences in attributes or abilities lead to large differences in results, so you end up with very specialized athletes with very particular phenotypes.

all that said, even in a less fine skilled sport like football (for most positions anyhow) has an enormous skill and space/motion talent element.  Taylor Mays couldn't play safety as well as a number of much much lesser athletes, for example.

you are a nobody physically, sorry to break this to you

get on with your life anyways, sports fan

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you are a nobody physically, sorry to break this to you

get on with your life anyways, sports fan

*old man strokes himself to images of pro athletes*

how dare someone post something less than prostrating worship of these living gods!  i'll show him!

as we await the next major bust in pro sports of a doctor or lab with big names on it, and nobody had a clue about it but those directly involved....

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Not me!!

it's called projection

to the pure of heart, everything is pure.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

as we await the next major bust in pro sports of a doctor or lab with big names on it, and nobody had a clue about it but those directly involved....

it's called projection

to the pure of heart, everything is pure.

My heart can't take all this at my advanced age....

21 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

My heart can't take all this at my advanced age....

i suggested that the pros have a lot of things that we civilians don't know about

and that ticked someone off on here REAL BIG TIME, and he/she started projecting

i won't even try to understand....

On 7/4/2019 at 11:02 PM, stuvian said:

i will never forgive the Marv Levy regime for ignoring him when he was in our own backyard

I wonder how good he would have been with the motley collection of QBs we had. Gronk is as much Brady as Gronk.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wonder how good he would have been with the motley collection of QBs we had. Gronk is as much Brady as Gronk.

needed a coach that would go outside his system to realize the power of this TE and QB combo

most coaches have their little system (that doesn't work) and ride it right into the grave

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/4/2019 at 11:02 PM, stuvian said:

Except it wasn't his regime.  He was the face man for the Bills who Ralph Wilson brought in the help restore face with fans.  Decisions were made elsewhere,

It seems Gronk and I have something in common, looking forward rather than thru the rear window. I like that his return seems damn near impossible from the looks of things.