The new and improved beer thread

Hill Farmstead Edward is all I’ve been drinking lately.  Although I haven’t really been drinking a lot of beer because the weather has been crappy.  Four more days of work, and then I’m off for the summer.  Wife and I are doing a beer tour some time in July.

Freshman year of college 1997-98 Milwaukee’s Best Ice was $2.99 for a 12 pack at the price chopper down the road.  My innards took a beatin, but it was cheap and did the trick!

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

What was your "go to" beer in high school? You know, the brand that you asked your older cousin, sibling or the local degenerate in town to buy for you and your buddies to drink in the woods.

Ours was Genny Cream Ale pounders (16 ounce bottles) or Goebels.

Image result for goebel beer

Image result for genesee cream ale 16 ounce bottles

A combination of Yuengling Lager, JW Dundees Honey Brown Lager & Red Dog.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

What was your "go to" beer in high school? You know, the brand that you asked your older cousin, sibling or the local degenerate in town to buy for you and your buddies to drink in the woods.

Miller High Life and/or PBR in high school. In college, Mickey's 40 oz or Stroh's (they sold 15-packs for the same price as a 12-pack of most other beer).

My Dad drank Genny Cream, but when he found it on sale, he'd splurge for some Old Vienna. When I went away to college, he'd sometimes send me off with a case or two of OV.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

That fine French beer Joellebel!

I am unlikely to ever visit this thread again, but could not resist...

I'm at a conference, so that means downtime at a local watering hole for beer and/or liquor and bar food. This was on the list: Two Brothers Domaine DuPage, French Country Ale (ABV 5.9%), so I decided to try it. It was chocolaty, smooth, and different.

french-ale.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

This thread has opened me up a bit..

I have never seen my bride drink a beer out of a bottle or can in 33 years.

I did see her chug out of wine bottle at a pool party though.

Mine barely  drinks either. Sometimes when we go out she'll get a glass of wine or a frozen drink and she starts getting loopy about 3/4 of the way in.

Back in the day Molson options and the Old Vienna splits were my favorites. Now? I drinks a lot less beer (but a lot more wine) and the stinking beer options are overwhelming! One lunch place I like has 150 rotating beers. Umm......do you have....Budweiser??? 

They gave me a sample of a beer that tasted like watermelon!  

Edited by Augie

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am unlikely to ever visit this thread again, but could not resist...

I'm at a conference, so that means downtime at a local watering hole for beer and/or liquor and bar food. This was on the list: Two Brothers Domaine DuPage, French Country Ale (ABV 5.9%), so I decided to try it. It was chocolaty, smooth, and different.

french-ale.jpg

That looks delicious. Goebels not so much! But when we pronounced in Joebel’, it sounded great!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Im surprised this thread isn't dominated more by the WNY favourites of Genny Cream, Genny light and Labbats Blue. 

My favorite right now is Sam Adams summer ale. Goes down really easy. 

A lot of chicks like that stuff.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Mine barely  drinks either. Sometimes when we go out she'll get a glass of wine or a frozen drink and she starts getting loopy about 3/4 of the way in.

Duker..I've seen her drink beer before but only out of a glass.p.s.-when she does drink,she's like your girl...wine mostly.

Lots of great beer in Oregon these days.

I've been enjoying Fort George's latest version of 3-way hazy IPA, which is a collaboration with two other breweries.

Pfriem Family Brewing has finally started producing CANS of beer, which is a nice change. Their pilsner, which won the Silver medal as the second best in the entire WORLD, is outstanding.

And last but not least, of course, is Great Notion Brewing. They specialize in hazies and sours. Just about everything they make is delicious, but the Juice Jr is my favorite these days.

Portland is a beer mecca. Can't go wrong.

• Like (+1) 1