judman

Would Bills Fans Cheer an Injured Opponent?

6 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I would never clap for an injury to a player...even Brady.  A temporary contusion, possibly.

I would also possibly never cheer for an injury with some exceptions either.  Ever.

Just the other day I read a really good story about fans cheering an injury. It was March 28, 1990. Bulls vs. Cavs. Early in the game, a Cavs player committed a pretty rough foul on Michael Jordan. When the fans cheered, Jordan was really surprised. He said, "Alright, now they're gonna pay for it." He'd go on to score his career best 69 points that game. That's a guy you never wanna give any extra motivation to. I feel the same about a guy like Brady.

Cheering when another human being gets hurt playing a game for our entertainment is a really crappy thing to do. 

We should never lump all Bills fans or fans of any team altogether for something like this.   Are there Bills fans that would cheer an injury?   Yep, But that is true for all 32 teams.  Are there fans of all teams that would not cheer for an injury?  Also yes.   I saw first hand a bar of random NFL fans go crazy when Brady tore his ACL, it was disturbing.