Would Bills Fans Cheer an Injured Opponent?

judman

On 6/12/2019 at 3:49 AM, SoTier said:

I would never cheer that an opposition player was injured.   That would include Brady.  That's just not the kind of person I am.   I would applaud -- and maybe stand if it was an opposition team's star player -- as the player was taken from the field in the cart just like I would a Bills player. 

This ^

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

This ^

And to some of the other posters...why would someone cheer if Brady got hurt?  Because he is better at football than the Bills have been?  That’s a cowards chant.  I don’t want to beat the Pats at half strength, I want to dethrone the champs.  

coward it is then kid, coward it is. I would cheer very loudly, a cowardly chant if you will, if/when brady goes down.

why, because I hate that mother ***** guts.

signed, the coward.

Would Bills fans? I mean, Ive been in the stands when they DID, so I guess the answer is yes.

It's not often, and it's only for "special" players (Bryan Cox, Tom Brady, etc). I dont remember who was down when the crowd cheered, but I definitely remember it happening because my entire row was like "Damn, the fans are out for blood today!"

On 6/12/2019 at 7:41 AM, tomur67 said:

I hate to admit this , but I was at the game when Rob Johnson got hurt and thousands of Buffalo  fans cheered when Doug Flutie ran out to finish the game.  I'm sure most were Flutie fans and wanted him to be starting anyway, but it was awful  that they were cheering when he ran out onto the field and Johnson was being helped off the field. Very disturbing!

Not really.  Now if they cheered the guy that hurt him, that would be bad.

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

What an all-time scumbag he was...I'll never forget the Turgeon cheapshot.  One of the all-time dirtiest plays in sports history.

Sometimes people say that’s the kind of player you hate unless he’s on your team, but not me... seething hatred no matter what.  If a Larry Playfair-type beat him into a bloody pulp at the Aud and he had to be carried off the ice, everyone in the crowd would’ve been going crazy.

Edited by Rico

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

coward it is then kid, coward it is. I would cheer very loudly, a cowardly chant if you will, if/when brady goes down.

why, because I hate that mother ***** guts.

signed, the coward.

It’s a game dude, maybe get some outside hobbies if you let a guy get to you so much for being so good at his job.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s a game dude, maybe get some outside hobbies if you let a guy get to you so much for being so good at his job.  

that's funny right there, dude. suggesting I may need some outside hobbies. I mean, what the hell is that supposed to mean?

I hate a player that has owned my team, yet instead of hating him for it, I should bow down to his greatness? I think not.

like I said, that is funny, dude.

as for your suggestion, save it. I don't need your suggestions, thanks anyway.

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

that's funny right there, dude. suggesting I may need some outside hobbies. I mean, what the hell is that supposed to mean?

I hate a player that has owned my team, yet instead of hating him for it, I should bow down to his greatness? I think not.

like I said, that is funny, dude.

as for your suggestion, save it. I don't need your suggestions, thanks anyway.

Just saying, if you let a guy being better than you make you want to hurt them, then finding some distractions may help.  There is nothing you can really say to me that will make me understand the disgustingness of wishing for something like a major injury just because you (or your favorite team) cant beat them.  Where I come from thats cowardly.  Thats like picking a fist fight with someone and when they start kicking your butt you pull out a gun instead of taking your beating like a man.  Something I saw far too much where I grew up I might add.

But hey too each their own.  Just don't respect your stance on this subject in the least.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Just saying, if you let a guy being better than you make you want to hurt them, then finding some distractions may help.  There is nothing you can really say to me that will make me understand the disgustingness of wishing for something like a major injury just because you (or your favorite team) cant beat them.  Where I come from thats cowardly.  Thats like picking a fist fight with someone and when they start kicking your butt you pull out a gun instead of taking your beating like a man.  Something I saw far too much where I grew up I might add.

But hey too each their own.  Just don't respect your stance on this subject in the least.

first of all. I never wished it. my first post was "when it happens", which, given the game and the risk of injury, chances of injury are pretty high. some make it through the season, some may not.

I will admit, my second post regarding the punk edleman, I did say "when he's carted off the field", again, a risk and chance of happening, pretty high. 3rd post when I stated I hated his mother ***** guts, I also said if/when. so, I saw nowhere that I had said I wished it to happen.

again though, chances are pretty good with the high risk of a violent sport such as nfl football. so I really don't have to wish, just a wait and see. 

not trying to justify anything really, I just don't have any sensitivity toward a brady or edelman getting hurt, in any way shape or form, and I would cheer.

so damn me all you want, find it disgusting or however you want to view me. I will sleep comfortable tonight, as I always do.

now, do I have any ill feelings toward you because of how you view me, none what so ever. quite the contrary as I believe you are entitled to how you feel.

I have always found you a very knowledgeable poster and for the most part always respected your opinions/takes when it come to bills football and that wont change.

you have a good evening.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I believe some fans were cheering the steal, some obviously cheered he went down.  They quickly realized it was a bad injury and the whole arena gave him a standing O and chanted, "KD, KD, KD" as he exited the game.

Ugly, but it was all in the heat of the moment. 

I don't. At the end of the day these are all guys putting on a show for entertainment.

These are all individual men showcasing their talent and skills in front of gladiator sized arenas for our entertainment.

The fact they wear different laundry doesn't change that for me.

I can hate an organization, but still respect the individual.

12 hours ago, Eyeball said:

I believe some fans were cheering the steal, some obviously cheered he went down.  They quickly realized it was a bad injury and the whole arena gave him a standing O and chanted, "KD, KD, KD" as he exited the game.

Ugly, but it was all in the heat of the moment. 

Eh, I don't know about all that. Sounds kinda like Smithers telling Mr. Burns they weren't booing; they were saying "BooURNS."

I was in a bills backers bar when Brady tire his ACL.  It was groups of fans from various teams where the bar had Sunday ticket.  When the tv panned to Brady clutching his knee the place went nuts.   Almost everyone stood up cheering.  It was ugly.   

So yes bills fans will cheer an injury.   I saw it 

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

first of all. I never wished it. my first post was "when it happens", which, given the game and the risk of injury, chances of injury are pretty high. some make it through the season, some may not.

I will admit, my second post regarding the punk edleman, I did say "when he's carted off the field", again, a risk and chance of happening, pretty high. 3rd post when I stated I hated his mother ***** guts, I also said if/when. so, I saw nowhere that I had said I wished it to happen.

again though, chances are pretty good with the high risk of a violent sport such as nfl football. so I really don't have to wish, just a wait and see. 

not trying to justify anything really, I just don't have any sensitivity toward a brady or edelman getting hurt, in any way shape or form, and I would cheer.

so damn me all you want, find it disgusting or however you want to view me. I will sleep comfortable tonight, as I always do.

now, do I have any ill feelings toward you because of how you view me, none what so ever. quite the contrary as I believe you are entitled to how you feel.

I have always found you a very knowledgeable poster and for the most part always respected your opinions/takes when it come to bills football and that wont change.

you have a good evening.

Not condemning you as a poster, this is just not something we see eye to eye on and it’s honestly one of those pet peeve topics for me and I probably should have just stayed out of the thread all together.

I am admittedly super competitive, so I loathed the idea of beating a Brady-less pats and having that “asterisk” over our head.  I want to dethrone them while he still is healthy and matters.  Although, that window is obviously about to close pretty quick.  

But as I guy who played sports his whole life, I just never liked the cheering for when someone got hurt.  Admittedly, there are a few scum bag exceptions as with anything...like karma situations (Like Kiko Alonzo for example).  

So my competitiveness hates the idea of cheering because the competition was weakened.  As a human, I detest cheering someone else’s major injury, I mean in the end it’s still just a game for entertainment.  

All good :beer:

GO BILLS

On 6/12/2019 at 7:17 AM, BillsFan17 said:

The scene is 2008, the Seahawks are at the Bills for the home opener.

Pollard takes out Brady's knee, reports he tore his ACL verberate through the Ralph.

Bills fans AND Seahawks fans were literally high fiving eachother. I had fans in my section buying eachother beers in celebration.

To act like this is mutually exclusive to just one fan base is stupid. Is it a bad look, yes, but to act like only Toronto does it...

That time was my second thought.

I haven't read through the thread, but someone must have mentioned Keith Lincoln.  My recollection is that the stadium erupted on the hit.   Then people saw that he wasn't getting up, and the sound changed from cheering to a lot of excited chatter.   If I recall it correctly, people were excited but respectful.