Buffalo Hotel advice (home opener)

Tom Brady says stay home. 

I’m at the Hampton Inn in Williamsville the first night, then Hampton Inn downtown the next couple nights. I’m lazy and easy to please. I post this just in case you want to avoid those establishments.  ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I think it was @plenzmd1 that put this doc together with the help of others. It includes some hotel info:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F9yhWkCZkeTFX_6yagiiwCPu-JUnhBAxuPILxW8U438/edit

The guy gets into heaven on that info alone. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites last year. Perfectly fine. Easy walk to a lot of places. I needed nothing more than that. I booked late and had a hard time finding a place. This was the first with availability, so I jumped on it. Do NOT wait too long. I made that mistake. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

Tom Brady says stay home. 

I’m at the Hampton Inn in Williamsville the first night, then Hampton Inn downtown the next couple nights. I’m lazy and easy to please. I post this just in case you want to avoid those establishments.  ?

Stayed at the Hampton Inn right across the street from the Airport last time I was in town and it was awesome. It was a Bills weekend so people were drinking beer(mostly responsibly) everywhere I looked. My kind of place. Great little lounge area where they serve breakfast/coffee and such. I actually prefer this kind of spot to the fancier places.

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Stayed at the Hampton Inn right across the street from the Airport last time I was in town and it was awesome. It was a Bills weekend so people were drinking beer(mostly responsibly) everywhere I looked. My kind of place. Great little lounge area where they serve breakfast/coffee and such. I actually prefer this kind of spot to the fancier places.

Hampton Inn is never “special”, but never awful. Solid for my money. The one by the airport is only a few miles from the one on Main St in Williamsville (where I mostly grew up). Main St location has some nice restaurants and bars easy to walk to

Odd comparison, but Publix grocery stores are always “fine” (Hampton Inn). Kroger can be MUCH better (and cheaper), or kind of dumpy. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Augie said:

The one by the airport is only a few miles from the one on Main St in Williamsville (where I mostly grew up).

If you weren’t always fighting with your sister, you wouldn’t have had to always get sent to the Hampton Inn.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Any strong opinions on where to stay? We were looking at the Millenium Hotel, it’s about 500 for the three nights we will be there. 

Galleria Mall behind the hotel.  Mighty Taco, Olive Garden , and Longhorn Steakhouse across the street.  Chick-fil-A, McD's, Applebees,TGIF, and Chipotle just across the Thruway.

5 hours ago, Wacka said:

Galleria Mall behind the hotel.  Mighty Taco, Olive Garden , and Longhorn Steakhouse across the street.  Chick-fil-A, McD's, Applebees,TGIF, and Chipotle just across the Thruway.

Popeyes,Tim Hortons,Burger King,Ted's ,Pizza Hut,Taco Bell around the corner on Union.

Edited by Misterbluesky

5 hours ago, Wacka said:

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Popeyes,Tim Hortons,Burger King,Ted's ,Pizza Hut,Taco Bell around the corner on Union.

1.  Mighty Taco

2.  Ted’s

3-14.  Pick ‘em.  All national chain Soylent Green.  ?

Hotel Lafayette. GF and I stayed there last month for a night in the city getaway. Very historic. Quick Uber to Allentown or downtown for the night before festivities. First time we stayed there. Definitely will be going back. 

16 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

The OP didn't ask for any local places yet...I have a bucketload.

That’s my favorite part! Last year I went straight from the airport to Schwabl’s for beef on weck, and never stopped eating for the rest of the trip. It can take a toll on you! But it was worth it! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s my favorite part! Last year I went straight from the airport to Schwabl’s for beef on weck, and never stopped eating for the rest of the trip. It can take a toll on you! But it was worth it! 

Hey Aug...don't forget,they serve a awesome fresh hot carved turkey sandwich as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are you corpulent? Your knowledgeable discussions of high caloric foods indicate that you are not svelte. :D

34 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Are you corpulent? Your knowledgeable discussions of high caloric foods indicate that you are not svelte. :D

I can tell you I return from my trips to Buffalo (or really anywhere I used to live) heavier than when I leave! It’s all about the old stomping grounds and the food & drink!  There are not enough meals in the day to get it all done. Know the good stuff! 

• Haha (+1) 1