Buffalo Hotel advice (home opener)

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

I can tell you I return from my trips to Buffalo (or really anywhere I used to live) heavier than when I leave! It’s all about the old stomping grounds and the food & drink!  There are not enough meals in the day to get it all done. Know the good stuff! 

I know not one former local over the age of 50 that comes back home and needs a Mighty Taco fix.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

I know not one former local over the age of 50 that comes back home and needs a Mighty Taco fix.

I’m not sure if I’ve ever been in a Mighty Taco before midnight. We’d go straight from a bar and on occasion may have skipped the ordering/paying line and just gone directly to the pickup line and waited for an order that sounded good. Everyone was too wasted to know the difference. We were stupid kids.

Thanks for the advice. We booked the rooms mostly because the ladies in the group liked the pool and the happier they are there the more time I can explore.

Local joints are a must, I don’t do Olive Garden and all that Jazz. What’s near the Millenium that is a must have? I assume there has to be wings close by? 

9 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Thanks for the advice. We booked the rooms mostly because the ladies in the group liked the pool and the happier they are there the more time I can explore.

Local joints are a must, I don’t do Olive Garden and all that Jazz. What’s near the Millenium that is a must have? I assume there has to be wings close by? 

Duff's is on Dick near Walden...5 mins from the hotel. Best wings in b-low.

Alton's on Walden..around the corner..breakfast..24/7 busy,very busy.

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Hey Aug...don't forget,they serve a awesome fresh hot carved turkey sandwich as well.

Are you trying to kill me!?!? ?

So many places to hit in so little time. I can only do each place once, and I’ve GOT to have their beef on weck. Plus pizza, wings, subs, Ted’s and all the rest in so little time! It’s a serious challenge. But I shall persevere! 

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Sorry, that is a really poor choice. The hotel is disgusting, and you are at the mall. There is nothing that is a must have around there. I would've suggested Hampton Inn East Aurora, or any of the nice hotels downtown.  Paying $150+ for the Millenium is rough.

• Sad 1

On 5/31/2019 at 4:56 PM, CommonCents said:

Any strong opinions on where to stay? We were looking at the Millenium Hotel, it’s about 500 for the three nights we will be there. 

If you're a Bonvoy/Marriott guy and wanna stay downtown, you're covered.  Starting on Delaware a bit north of the CBD at a newly renovated Residence Inn; heading south towards Chippewa you've got a Westin and ending up in the arena district with a Courtyard and the HarborCenter (Marriott).   

Edited by stony

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No I’m channeling Chef Jim who always advises against asking for advice from knuckleheads. 

I advise that you reconsider because there is always knowledge to be gained!  How do you know who the knuckleheads are without ever meeting? 

Ahhh.......never mind. This place is pretty transparent.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I advise that you reconsider because there is always knowledge to be gained!  How do you know who the knuckleheads are without ever meeting? 

Ahhh.......never mind. This place is pretty transparent.

Oh there is lots to be learned here. I just have a reputation to uphold. ?

• Haha (+1) 1