Passing of a former co-worker

One of the biggest bullies from my high school died about ten years ago. It was just like that Bill Burr bit. We literally couldn't even say "Well, he probably paid his bills on time, ya gotta give him that." 

Edited by The Jerk

I have a former coworker/boss who I hate with every ounce of my being.  I don't use the word, "hate," freely.  It's a strong word.  But I hate this mother *****.  I've never celebrated the death of another human being.  If this a-hole dies before me, I won't celebrate.  But I won't feel one iota of sorrow.  The world will be a better place without him.

He's the only person I know who I feel that strongly about.  Years and years of emotional and verbal abuse in my place of work.  He deserves the hatred and everyone I know who worked with him feels the exact same way I do.

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I have a former coworker/boss who I hate with every ounce of my being.  I don't use the word, "hate," freely.  It's a strong word.  But I hate this mother *****.  I've never celebrated the death of another human being.  If this a-hole dies before me, I won't celebrate.  But I won't feel one iota of sorrow.  The world will be a better place without him.

He's the only person I know who I feel that strongly about.  Years and years of emotional and verbal abuse in my place of work.  He deserves the hatred and everyone I know who worked with him feels the exact same way I do.

But people on here are ordering you to pretend it was Paradise with this person 

LMAO ? 

Other threats I have heard mused our loud against third parties are defenestration on the 45th floor and an unkind thing to be done with a soldering iron.

i never got to that stage of hate....

Edited by row_33

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

But people on here are ordering you to pretend it was Paradise with this person 

Nobody is "ordering" anyone to do anything - certainly not to pretend it was paradise with someone.

Some of us are just suggesting that the OP not be consumed by anger. There's a difference.

14 hours ago, row_33 said:

It has to stop somewhere

You don’t want a dozen people who, if they came across you having a heart attack, would put the fire hose in your mouth and turn it on full blast 

True.  

Not always easy to remember I admit but I realize people who drive me nuts usually have their own crap going on.  

The issue is when do you stand up for yourself or just let it go?

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Nobody is "ordering" anyone to do anything - certainly not to pretend it was paradise with someone.

Some of us are just suggesting that the OP not be consumed by anger. There's a difference.

image.png.0ea9318fcccd396a3a8972806f62f1ca.png

13 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

True.  

Not always easy to remember I admit but I realize people who drive me nuts usually have their own crap going on.  

The issue is when do you stand up for yourself or just let it go?

it's a competitive world and scumbags are always going to screw over anyone they get a chance with

i could understand a severe act of retaliation if someone murdered your child

stuff in the work world is probably never to that level of passion-building....

I worked with such a person and when a new manager came in he decided to have us work in pairs so that if one was not available the other would be able to provide information on current task.  He was a good talker but could not do ANYTHING work related not even take notes or do presentations.  He was forever on the phone but it was always personal and any task assigned to him was never completed.  I was off for a week and when I returned from work I was bitched at by manager because he could not provide any updates or any information on current state of my section of project.  I told him that he had all of the up to date info and I showed him all of the emails on it including latest test runs, conversation notes from client, etc, and he said it was MY fault because he was not up to date. What was I supposed to do, read the information to him?  Manager said let us see where the emails went and opened up HIS mailbox and it was full of personal stuff unrelated to work but no project info and manager said "See you never sent it".  Quick search for me found them in trash and I showed him that he received them because I kept mail receipts.  Ends up the guy created a filter to trash some email and "trashed the emails by mistake he claimed".

I heard rumors of layoffs and I went to my company president and told him what I heard and I needed info for I was about to make a large purchase and told me "No worries. No layoffs are forthcoming."  A month later I get a layoff notice (my partner got one as well) and the president came to me and told it was the director's call, he promised when he hired him that he would have free reign, but he could offer me package that if I resigned  (not getting unemployment) I would continue to be paid with benefits for two months so I supplied the required signed resignation letter.  I got lucky and Monday following Friday I was laid off I got a contract job.

Flash forwards a few years later and I am taking a contract job on some temporary system administration work.  The person hiring (I have been offered job already) states he is hiring 2 people provides resume of only candidate qualified candidate.  I look at and it is my old partner.  I tell him point blank I will not take job if I need to work with him or any thing I need to do depends on him; I was unemployed at that time for a brief period but  hiring guy says he will keep our roles separate.  A week later he is let go and I have to pick up tasks from start since he did nothing.

Last encounter was not in person.  I was to scan thru some resumes for a job for some augmentation.  His resume came across desk and I marked it "Do not hire" in large bold red letters.  He was never interviewed.

I understand what you went thru with ex-coworker and no bitterness still does not go away.  I still have fear of him being added to any job I am working at.  

i did show up at the funeral, it brought little "closure"

sometimes you just run across SOBs in the work world and you put up with them and wave them bye-bye and pounce when you have the chance to give it back to them

all of us live to hear stories of sweet revenge in the workplace, hopefully over a few beers...

Despite all the whining from certain types, the significant majority of the time the people who are smart and work hard end up doing better, and those who B word, complain, or avoid work don't. Build relationships with the first group and ignore the second.   There is no value in harping on the schmucks you run across from time to time.

If that doesn't do it for you......go dance on his grave.

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Despite all the whining from certain types, the significant majority of the time the people who are smart and work hard end up doing better, and those who B word, complain, or avoid work don't. Build relationships with the first group and ignore the second.   There is no value in harping on the schmucks you run across from time to time.

If that doesn't do it for you......go dance on his grave.

i've had to shake hands with these devils, fortunately they reveal their true natures about 5 seconds after I ask them my first well-crafted question.

their role is vital in the workplace, any decent personnel director knows who these people are and brings them in to rattle the cages

19 hours ago, row_33 said:

It has to stop somewhere

You don’t want a dozen people who, if they came across you having a heart attack, would put the fire hose in your mouth and turn it on full blast 

Why not?  Works for me.  

Pretty sure, when I croak, the vast majority of people who know me will say "Gee, that's too bad, maybe I should - hey look, a Happy Days marathon on TVLand!"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Why not?  Works for me.  

Pretty sure, when I croak, the vast majority of people who know me will say "Gee, that's too bad, maybe I should - hey look, a Happy Days marathon on TVLand!"

What are the odds of you dropping into another death thread?

Ha...big,bad ass Tommy aka Will Hunting.

Igotchomoranriteheabitch

Nobody will come look at your dead face if you didn't attend their backyard bbq parties and happy hour invites...

Stay grumpy

Signed,

The Grim Reaper

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Why not?  Works for me.  

You are an idiot. It will be a Muppet marathon.

Is it true that Jim Henson wanted to call them Tom and Dick and you required a royalty every time they were used?

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

You are an idiot. It will be a Muppet marathon.

Is it true that Jim Henson wanted to call them Tom and Dick and you required a royalty every time they were used?

Tom and Darin, if I recall correctly

Yeah. One of my best friends died about a year ago. We met at work and he was recently divorced, and we both needed roommates at the time, so we moved in together. Reason he was divorced, that despite having three kids and a 15 year marriage with the woman he'd been with since high school, left him for what he considered at the time to be his best friend. He was about 12 years older than me, so I was 20 he was 32ish, with three sons. 

My friend had genetic heart issues, and after a few months of living together, it got so bad that he had to leave his job. He lost his car not soon after, so the only time he could see his kids on the other side of town, was when I was able to let him borrow my car, because his ex wife refused to drive the kids to our apartment. He eventually sucked up his pride and moved in with his brother who he didn't get along with, simply because he lived closer to his ex wife and kids. When his brother moved out of town, he moved in with his ex and her new husband. All so he could be with his kids. 

The whole time they were together, he was extremely abusive. Not physically. But was always just saying nasty things about his wife, always getting belligerently drunk or high around the kids. Would randomly just abandon them completely for days or weeks. I never cared much for the guy, and he died of a heart attack about a month or two ago. I hate admitting it, but my first thought was relief for my buddy's kids who didn't have to put up with his bullsh!t anymore. 

She's been writing these weird letters to him on Facebook every day. Which I guess it's healthy to have a journal of things like that if it helps you cope, but it really should be private, but whatever. Except the other day had me fuming mad. She posted "Hi Honey. I miss you today. I miss you every day. I've always loved you. Ever since high school, but the situation didn't allow us to be together at the time." Yeah, that situation was that you were married to my best friend, and the father of your three sons, who have. Sorry he was such an inconvenience. 

I still keep in contact with my friends oldest son who's about 20-21ish. He kinda feels the same way I do. Not that we wished death on him, but there is this sense of relief. At the same time, he does feel sympathy for his mom, and his half brother. I'm actually glad you started this thread because I've been holding it in for a while and it feels nice to finally let it out.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:17 PM, DC Tom said:

We'll take up a collection and get a brick at the stadium for you. 

"You're an idiot!

DC Tom"

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/2/2019 at 10:46 AM, Limeaid said:

I worked with such a person and when a new manager came in he decided to have us work in pairs so that if one was not available the other would be able to provide information on current task.  He was a good talker but could not do ANYTHING work related not even take notes or do presentations.  He was forever on the phone but it was always personal and any task assigned to him was never completed.  I was off for a week and when I returned from work I was bitched at by manager because he could not provide any updates or any information on current state of my section of project.  I told him that he had all of the up to date info and I showed him all of the emails on it including latest test runs, conversation notes from client, etc, and he said it was MY fault because he was not up to date. What was I supposed to do, read the information to him?  Manager said let us see where the emails went and opened up HIS mailbox and it was full of personal stuff unrelated to work but no project info and manager said "See you never sent it".  Quick search for me found them in trash and I showed him that he received them because I kept mail receipts.  Ends up the guy created a filter to trash some email and "trashed the emails by mistake he claimed".

I heard rumors of layoffs and I went to my company president and told him what I heard and I needed info for I was about to make a large purchase and told me "No worries. No layoffs are forthcoming."  A month later I get a layoff notice (my partner got one as well) and the president came to me and told it was the director's call, he promised when he hired him that he would have free reign, but he could offer me package that if I resigned  (not getting unemployment) I would continue to be paid with benefits for two months so I supplied the required signed resignation letter.  I got lucky and Monday following Friday I was laid off I got a contract job.

Flash forwards a few years later and I am taking a contract job on some temporary system administration work.  The person hiring (I have been offered job already) states he is hiring 2 people provides resume of only candidate qualified candidate.  I look at and it is my old partner.  I tell him point blank I will not take job if I need to work with him or any thing I need to do depends on him; I was unemployed at that time for a brief period but  hiring guy says he will keep our roles separate.  A week later he is let go and I have to pick up tasks from start since he did nothing.

Last encounter was not in person.  I was to scan thru some resumes for a job for some augmentation.  His resume came across desk and I marked it "Do not hire" in large bold red letters.  He was never interviewed.

I understand what you went thru with ex-coworker and no bitterness still does not go away.  I still have fear of him being added to any job I am working at.  

Ain’t life grand?