Bills 2nd Round Pick for the TBD mock draft (#46 overall)

TBD Mock Draft Round 2 all are welcome to vote  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want with pick 46?

• DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia
    • Greg Little, OT, Miss
    • Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
    • Sean Bunting, CB, Central Michigan
    • LJ Collier, Edge, TCU
    • Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama
    • Miles Sanders, RB, PSU
    • Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St
    • David Montgomery, RB, Iowa St
    • Taylor Rapp, S, Washington
    • Other (mention below and I will add)

I think Tytus goes in the bottom of the first after a run on tackles. A 2nd is too high for Winovich, I’d like him in the 3rd...if we take a d line in the first I’m going with Knox, although again I’d rather have Sternberger and a better value.

18 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Deebo Samuel went to USC not Clemson. That's almost an unpardonable sin in these parts.

I fixed it.  I'm on prospect overload lol so many players so many schools!

I removed 1 last player.  Bills do have a selection coming up in a few picks.  Let me know who you guys want to see in that poll.  I'll use some of these guys and some of the names mentioned.

Just now, GreggTX said:

It depends a lot on who we get in the 1st round. I can't even figure out what will happen with the 9th pick and I sure as heck don't know what will happen at 40 and beyond. I vote for BPA.

This is based on the mock that has been running this week.  Bills 1st pick was TJ Hockenson at 15 after a trade down.

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wont be thrilled if we are on the clock at 40 and these are our choices.  

That's why I like doing these mocks. If Quarterbacks don't go early, our choices at 9 and 40 will be limited. I know that sounds obvious, but we need these quarterbacks to go. I just took Lock as the Broncos. Daniel Jones is still available in our mock as well. They will probably go earlier in reality and that should push some talent down. It dries up quick and I don't think this is an amazing draft honestly and that's why I hope we package some pics to move around teh board to grab the players we target. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

That's why I like doing these mocks. If Quarterbacks don't go early, our choices at 9 and 40 will be limited. I know that sounds obvious, but we need these quarterbacks to go. I just took Lock as the Broncos. Daniel Jones is still available in our mock as well. They will probably go earlier in reality and that should push some talent down. It dries up quick and I don't think this is an amazing draft honestly and that's why I hope we package some pics to move around teh board to grab the players we target. 

Yes and yes.  For exactly the reasons you state.  People focus so much on round 1 they don't pay attention to the later rounds and what realistically will be there.

narrowed it down to the top vote getter at each position.  13 minutes and I will close this down get your votes back in if your guy is gone!

• Like (+1) 1

How about Metcalf? He seems to be falling and may be there early 2nd round. Dream would be trade down a few, grab Hock Fant or Jonah Williams then Metcalf if hes still around. Might even beable to trade back up to end of 1st round to get him. Thoughts?

Went with Kaleb.  Samuel was a close 2nd, but I'd rather take Jalen Hurd later and get an OT now, esp. since the class may be thinner next year? 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Was Irv Smith already taken?  If not, I vote for him.  I'd even try and move up to the top of the 2nd round to get him.

I think we took Hock in the 1st. 

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Went with Kaleb.  Samuel was a close 2nd, but I'd rather take Jalen Hurd later and get an OT now, esp. since the class may be thinner next year? 

I think we took Hock in the 1st. 

That's sort of the problem with taking TE in the 1st. Imo, the value is later in the draft for TE when you can pick up a Josh Oliver or maybe Knox or Sternberger. You really need first rounder for OL, DL, or WR (CB or QB if you need one.) If you go TE in the first and CB in the second, you are ignoring both OL, DL, and WR till third round barring trade ups. Don't see the positional value with that strategy.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

That's sort of the problem with taking TE in the 1st. Imo, the value is later in the draft for TE when you can pick up a Josh Oliver or maybe Knox or Sternberger. You really need first rounder for OL, DL, or WR (CB or QB if you need one.) If you go TE in the first and CB in the second, you are ignoring both OL, DL, and WR till third round barring trade ups. Don't see the positional value with that strategy.

There was a huge run on WR at the top of the 2nd round in this exercise and I think we will see something similar in the actual draft.  Bills might be in this exact predicament if they don't trade up like they did for Zay.

Just now, section122 said:

There was a huge run on WR at the top of the 2nd round in this exercise and I think we will see something similar in the actual draft.  Bills might be in this exact predicament if they don't trade up like they did for Zay.

Yeah, I'm commenting without being aware of how this draft played out. Thanks, I agree. They will have to trade up and I hope they do.

fixed and updated the poll.  This will be the last pick of the mock so we can all prepare for the real draft!

1st pick was TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa at 15 after a trade down

2nd pick was Deebo Samuel, WR, USC at 40

If you want someone not on here please let me know and I will add them to the poll.  Poll will be live until 6 pm.  I will modify and pare it down as it gets closer.