2019 Pre-Draft Mock 2019

I know there's a post out there already for mock drafts, but I wanted everyone's honest opinion on my selections. Also I want to see if I'm able to hit correctly on some of these picks. This mock draft consist of BPA in the early rounds and very good developmental players in the later rounds.

1. Ed Oliver DT Houston                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              2. Hakeem Butler WR Iowa State                                                                                                                                                                                        

3. Tytus Howard OT Alabama State                                

4. Dawson Knox TE Ole Miss                                      

4. Bennie Snell Jr. RB Kentucky                                  

5. Trey Pipkin OT Sioux Falls                                      

5. Kris Boyd DB Texas                                                   

6. Cole Holcomb LB North Carolina                          

7. Jack Bailey P Stanford                                            

7. Gerri Green DE  Mississippi State.                                                                                                      

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta be honest...I don’t want Oliver. Something about him screams that it would be a bad move by the front office. He just doesn’t seem like a Buffalo guy. I see Dareus all over again. Someone that is just playing out his rookie deal before moving on to bigger and better things.  Is he talented?  Yes. No denying that. I just don’t think it’s a good fit. 

On on the other hand, a guy like Quinnen Williams (who we have no shot at) or Christian Wilkins would be excellent fits. Williams would have to be obtained in a trade up while Wilkins hopefully could be had in a trade down. 

I think all all this is moot anyhow as some team in front of us will likely take Oliver. 

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Gotta be honest...I don’t want Oliver. Something about him screams that it would be a bad move by the front office. He just doesn’t seem like a Buffalo guy. I see Dareus all over again. Someone that is just playing out his rookie deal before moving on to bigger and better things.  Is he talented?  Yes. No denying that. I just don’t think it’s a good fit. 

On on the other hand, a guy like Quinnen Williams (who we have no shot at) or Christian Wilkins would be excellent fits. Williams would have to be obtained in a trade up while Wilkins hopefully could be had in a trade down. 

I think all all this is moot anyhow as some team in front of us will likely take Oliver. 

What makes you think there'll be many teams in front of us when it's all said and done?

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’d be happy with it.  That being said, I really don’t think Oliver, Butler, Howard or Knox is available at our respective picks in each rd.

They most likely won’t but it would be awesome if it happened. I don’t know anything about the guys beyond round 4 though.

• Like (+1) 1

Could have started a new thread on this, but decided to instead post here for lack of a better thread.

Does anyone know any details on the draft coverage?  I see ABC is broadcasting the draft along with ESPN.  Will ABC be using the ESPN broadcast crew or having their own.  Watching some of the NBA playoffs today, seen ads for the ABC coverage, and hearing them touting how Bobby Bones will be present among other non football folks.  Nothing says NFL football like Bobby Bones!!

For me it's much easier for me to watch ABC rather than ESPN as don't have cable /Dish.  Have a TIVO hooked up to antenna for watching networks, plus Sling TV  So easier for me to record via TIVO if it's going to be identical broadcast, but would prefer having actual football coverage as opposed to the latest updates on the county music scene in Nashville.

Was also thinking a little about how the draft process works.  Each team has their draft room back at the team headquarters, they have a phone connection to a table at the draft site with a couple of Bills staff members there, sometimes the trainer.  He then fields the calls from headquarters, writes the name on a card and turns it into some runner who brings the card up to Roger to announce the selection.  If there's a trade, the cards a different color.

In today's electronic, wi-fi, data age, they're basically using the same process as was used the first time the draft was televised.  Kind of wondering is this really the process or is there something going on behind the curtain that actually runs the draft and what I described above is just for TV.

And will they actually paint a room green for the top picks to wait in??

I like the first four picks.  I think it goes downhill some after that.  I think there are better options than Snell at RB.  I don't like a second OT.  I'd probably look for a WR. at that point in the draft if not before.  I do think Cole Holcomb could turn out to be a solid pick.  Gerri Green has some skills and decent athleticism, but I think round 7 is a little late to get the quality Buffalo really needs at DE.