Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

Politically motivated investigations will get this clowns thrown in jail. Kamala Harris seems to have already started the ball rolling on that, trying to pin down the lying Attorney General about discussions of investigations he did not want to answer. 

How can an AG launch investigations when he himself won't answer questions for the House? He ignores subpoenas and lies under oath? What a joke this whole administration is. UnAmerican, anti-republican and unethical. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Politically motivated investigations will get this clowns thrown in jail. Kamala Harris seems to have already started the ball rolling on that, trying to pin down the lying Attorney General about discussions of investigations he did not want to answer. 

How can an AG launch investigations when he himself won't answer questions for the House? He ignores subpoenas and lies under oath? What a joke this whole administration is. UnAmerican, anti-republican and unethical. 

So... after three years of promising Trump was going to be thrown in jail, you've now moved on to Barr is going to be put in jail? 

I love you, Tibs. But this is not your best work.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So... after three years of promising Trump was going to be thrown in jail, you've now moved on to Barr is going to be put in jail? 

If they use the DOJ to go after Trump's enemies, sure they will. 

Kamala Harris might be our next AG. Think about that :) 

33 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Tibs and "best" are incompatible.

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What subpoena did Barr ignore?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What subpoena did Barr ignore?

The subpoena for the full, unredacted report, complete with all supporting information/transcripts.

You know, the one that requires him to break the law.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

The subpoena for the full, unredacted report, complete with all supporting information/transcripts.

No subpoena has been issued yet.

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Oh, you would know! Doesn't a House subpoena have to be signed off by the AG? And if it isn't signed by the AG, it isn't actually a subpoena?  (Serious questions)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oh, you would know! Doesn't a House subpoena have to be signed off by the AG? And if it isn't signed by the AG, it isn't actually a subpoena?  (Serious questions)

The powers of the President and his Cabinet and Appointments are very wide and sweeping

if they are used in a very untoward manner, like Watergate, or personal swinishness like Clinton, then there are grounds to step in

not a shred of grounds requiring stepping in here by oversight....  not a shred...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Without searching the US Code or the House rules, I would way probably not.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_Congress (Yes, it's wikipedia, I know...)

Interesting article on the history of Congressional investigations/subpoena power.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=2ahUKEwjw5Y698P_hAhWHZd8KHev6DE4QFjAEegQIABAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theusconstitution.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2FCongressional-Oversight-Issue-Brief.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2QmuKGbSyd7RdPNm8nWUb2

The Supreme Court has upheld contempt proceedings/punishments based upon the refusal to comply with Congressional subpoenas. The House itself has the power to impose punishments for contempt, without going through the Courts/DOJ.

However, in Barr's case, compliance with the subpoena clearly requires him to violate federal law, so it is unlikely any contempt proceeding would be upheld by the Courts if the House itself tries to impose punishment.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Without searching the US Code or the House rules, I would way probably not.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_Congress (Yes, it's wikipedia, I know...)

Interesting article on the history of Congressional investigations/subpoena power.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=2ahUKEwjw5Y698P_hAhWHZd8KHev6DE4QFjAEegQIABAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theusconstitution.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2FCongressional-Oversight-Issue-Brief.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2QmuKGbSyd7RdPNm8nWUb2

The Supreme Court has upheld contempt proceedings/punishments based upon the refusal to comply with Congressional subpoenas. The House itself has the power to impose punishments for contempt, without going through the Courts/DOJ.

However, in Barr's case, compliance with the subpoena clearly requires him to violate federal law, so it is unlikely any contempt proceeding would be upheld by the Courts if the House itself tries to impose punishment.

if he had to be there and was subbed, Barr would be there

unless one is a lawyer, don't bother untangling this stuff

if there is honestly anything to worry about, it will be carried out in earnest

On 5/2/2019 at 2:46 PM, LABillzFan said:

It's like the Dems are BEGGING for Trump to get re-elected.

This is really something... they're trying a bit too hard to get it going, now aren't they.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nanker said:

This is really something... they're trying a bit too hard to get it going, now aren't they.

giphy.gif

I think panic has set in. They realize they do not know how to (cannot) stop what is coming and they hope to discredit the messenger? Maybe hide things in the noise?

The next few months are going to be ugly.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No panic at all. ? 

2 Dems push D.C., Virginia bar associations to investigate Barr

Two House Democrats on Friday urged the bar associations in Washington and Virginia to launch an ethics investigation into Attorney General William Barr’s public comments on special counsel Robert Mueller’s report.

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.), a member of the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Kathleen Rice (D-N.Y.) — both former prosecutors — say they believe Barr “at best misled Congress” and “at worst perjured himself” when he told lawmakers this week he was unsure why some members Mueller’s team were reportedly dissatisfied with his public portrayal of Mueller’s report.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

giphy.gif

I hear Pee Wee Herman in my head... "I know you are, so what am I?"

Edited by Cinga
  • Haha (+1) 1

ANDREW MCCARTHYTHE BIG LIE THAT BARR LIED.

I originally thought this was too stupid to write about. But stupid is like the plague inside the Beltway — one person catches it and next thing you know there’s an outbreak at MSNBC and the speaker of the House is showing symptoms while her delirious minions tote ceramic chickens around Capitol Hill.

So I give you: the Bill Barr perjury allegation. . . .

If I were a cynic, I’d think people were trying to get out in front of some embarrassing revelations on the horizon. I might even be tempted to speculate that progressives were trotting out their “Destroy Ken Starr” template for Barr deployment (which, I suppose, means that 20 years from now we’ll be reading about what a straight-arrow Barr was compared to whomever Democrats are savaging at that point).

The claim that Barr gave false testimony is frivolous. That is why, at least initially, Democrats and their media echo chamber soft-pedaled it — with such dishonorable exceptions as Mazie Horono, the Hawaii Democrat who, somehow, is a United States senator. It’s tough to make the perjury argument without any false or even inaccurate statements.

Well, I think it’s about the distraction from upcoming scandals. The attacks on Barr are in the nature of a spoiling attack, because the Democrats have a pretty good idea of what’s coming down the pike. In fact, everything they’ve done since election night is in that nature, really. Which gives you an idea of how bad it is.

• Like (+1) 1

FLASHBACK, SPYING EDITION: Top Dem: Obama team compiling ‘information about everything on every individual.’

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., believes that the 2016 Democratic nominee has a good chance to win because President Obama’s campaign team has been compiling a database about the American people containing “information about everything on every individual on ways that it’s never been done before.”

Hmm.

Entirely and completely unrelated:

Screen-Shot-2019-05-04-at-3.59.25-PM-600x399.png

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Tiberius said:

Trump being afraid to have Mueller testify just exposes the fraud of investigating the investigators. Here's your chance to ask the investigator questions! Have at it! 

What? No....

lol. 

He's not afraid. He's trolling Nadler, daring him to do it. 

That's not fear, that's confidence. He wants Mueller to testify. 

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's not afraid. He's trolling Nadler, daring him to do it. 

That's not fear, that's confidence. He wants Mueller to testify. 

Lol, he should be welcoming this chance, but he's not. Trump is scared. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, he should be welcoming this chance, but he's not. Trump is scared. 

Trump can make his opposition dance to whatever tune he chooses with his twitter fingers. By saying he doesn't want Mueller to testify, he's ensuring Nadler pushes for it (which is what Trump really wants). 

He's been living rent free in their heads for two years for exactly this purpose. He owns them. 

• Like (+1) 2

This is what they're so scared of Barr revealing. Because if that's the case (hint: it is), then the entire Russian collusion/conspiracy story is not only exposed as false, but deliberate entrapment by the FBI/CIA/Obama White House. Not to mention MI6. 

Wars have been fought over less. 

• Like (+1) 6