Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

he's our somebody. 

i'm gonna go ahead and say that it (spying) all began with the Bush administration (post Patriot Act).

...probably right......he'd never know.......look how Wolfowicz and Pearle led him on a leash to the Iraq War ONLY for the sake of THEIR motherland.......and then they vanished.......George Bush reminded me of doofy George Gobel......Aloof 101......a famous George Bush line about his warm 'n fuzzy "buddy" Putin..."I can see the man's soul through his eyes".....dumbazz missed "KGB" inscribed on Vlad's retina...SMH.................

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i'm gonna go ahead and say that it (spying) all began with the Bush administration (post Patriot Act).

I don't think there's any doubt that this is the case.  The question to me is when did it get ramped up to be used for political ends?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably right......he'd never know.......look how Wolfowicz and Pearle led him on a leash to the Iraq War ONLY for the sake of THEIR motherland.......and then they vanished.......George Bush reminded me of doofy George Gobel......Aloof 101......a famous George Bush line about his warm 'n fuzzy "buddy" Putin..."I can see the man's soul through his eyes".....dumbazz missed "KGB" inscribed on Vlad's retina...SMH.................

13 minutes ago, GG said:

I don't think there's any doubt that this is the case.  The question to me is when did it get ramped up to be used for political ends?

three words...

Richard Bruce Cheney.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

You mean Bush senior...when he was with Reagan, trying to become president by any means. I mean he was CIA...

while i'm sure there was spying going on, i don't believe they had the capabilities to surveil to those extents back then. certainly not the ones afforded by the cover of the Patriot Act.

15 hours ago, Foxx said:

he's our somebody. 

wrong Bush

the 1st Bush, former head of the CIA, started spying on a massive scale

However, it was illegal and behind the scenes

The Patriot Act under Bush 2 legalized it, for the good of the country

1 hour ago, spartacus said:

wrong Bush

I'll keep repeating this because it gets lost in the conversations. PATRIOT created very few NEW authorities for the Feds.  All it did was consolidate existing rules spread out over dozens of laws & regulations into a single huge act.

4 hours ago, spartacus said:

wrong Bush

Bullschiff... Spying inside the government can go back at least to the days (and there were a lot of them) of J Edgar Hoover.