2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Boston will belt the Leafs in the mouth a few times and the Leafs will crumble, as always.

I was a leafs fan before I was a Sabres fan... we didn't have a team when I was a kid but could get channel 9 or 11, forget which one... from Toronto. Us 6,7,8,9 year olds learned hockey that way. 

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that should three game for Kadri, what a classless clown he is

Guy is a scud missle. No control over that SOB

NBC saying it should be ten games, I hope he is back for this series I’d like to see that little MFer get wrecked.

Edited by CommonCents
  • Sad 1

Wow was that Colorado penalty kill (in OT) disorganized... Calgary had them running around like chickens with their heads cut off for the first minute. 

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

It would be. I was surprised it was even a consideration. 

I dont think Babcock gets fired this season, or even next. But I could see it happening eventually.

The reason i could see it happen is that Babcock is a hard core old school guy and Dubas is about as new school as it gets. I’m not sure how well those 2 schools of thought will mix. 

I could see Sheldon Keefe taking over eventuslly. Dubas hired him to be head coach when he was GM in Sault St Marie, and then again to be head coach of the Marlies. 

Phew much more of a new school guy who’s views seem to align much closer to Dubas’. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

Watching these games is depressing. Not because the hockey is bad, it’s fantastic. It’s depressing because it illustrates how far away the Sabres are from being a team with the necessary jam to compete in the playoffs. We have so few players that can bring that kind of intensity. And I think it’s gonna be a long long time...

i hear people say that all the time..but I think the playoffs are just a different game across the board. No team looks like they did in the regular season, so think it is tough to compare regular season play.

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wow was that Colorado penalty kill (in OT) disorganized... Calgary had them running around like chickens with their heads cut off for the first minute. 

I dont think Babcock gets fired this season, or even next. But I could see it happening eventually.

The reason i could see it happen is that Babcock is a hard core old school guy and Dubas is about as new school as it gets. I’m not sure how well those 2 schools of thought will mix. 

I could see Sheldon Keefe taking over eventuslly. Dubas hired him to be head coach when he was GM in Sault St Marie, and then again to be head coach of the Marlies. 

Phew much more of a new school guy who’s views seem to align much closer to Dubas’. 

hey Bill fan 4, I know nothing of that guy but keep hearing he would be next coach of Leafs if Babcock goes away. Why is he not under consideration for the Sabres?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i hear people say that all the time..but I think the playoffs are just a different game across the board. No team looks like they did in the regular season, so think it is tough to compare regular season play.

Agree entirely. I wish I could be convinced we have the stuff that's gonna "turn it up a notch" in the playoffs and play with the kind of grit and jam required when I see such little of it in the regular season. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

How pissed do you think the NHL is today with the maters stuff? They have a nooner, then nothing in the afternoon, I am sure cause they did not want to compete with the final round of the masters.

I don’t know but all the media here is complaining that Jackets play at 7 and GOT starts at 9 and now they have to stay off Twitter at the end of the game so they don’t know what happens 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

How pissed do you think the NHL is today with the maters stuff? They have a nooner, then nothing in the afternoon, I am sure cause they did not want to compete with the final round of the masters.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know but all the media here is complaining that Jackets play at 7 and GOT starts at 9 and now they have to stay off Twitter at the end of the game so they don’t know what happens 

It's pretty much the nicest day of the year and I have a noon game. Not too happy about that, kind of hard to plant myself on the couch from noon to 3 when I could be outside.

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

hey Bill fan 4, I know nothing of that guy but keep hearing he would be next coach of Leafs if Babcock goes away. Why is he not under consideration for the Sabres?

He is the coach of the Toronto Marlies. They are getting ready to face the Amerks in round 1 of the playoffs. Anyone wanting to interview him would have to wait until the Marlies season is over. 

Even when his season is over, we’d still have to get permission from the Maple Leafs to interview him. Not sure if they’d grant buffalo permission or not. 

Honestly, we really have no idea who the Sabres head coaching candidates are. Outside of the leak about McLellan interviewing, we have not heard anything at all. Botterill seems to have things locked up pretty tight as far as media leaks go. 

I guess it’s good that there are very few leaks. But it also makes things a bit more boring... lol. 

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

Agree entirely. I wish I could be convinced we have the stuff that's gonna "turn it up a notch" in the playoffs and play with the kind of grit and jam required when I see such little of it in the regular season. 

Our team kind of reminds me of the leafs in that regard. 

Skill type players that really do not like getting hit (obviously the leafs have more skill, not trying to compare that). 

Hopefully when guys like Asplund, Samuelsson, Borgen, Pekar etc. are ready (assuming they ever are) it’ll add more of that much needed grit. 

I am anxious to see Ristolainen in the playoff. He loves to play a physical game.

IMO that’s when he’s at his best - battling it out with a guy like Ovechkin, when things start getting chippy. 

I’d like to see what Eichel looks like in the playoffs, too. There were a few games this year where he was throwing his body around and playing more physical. He has such a competitive spirit. I could definitely see him turn up the intensity in the playoffs. 

Skinner is another one I’d like to see in the playoffs. He’s a feisty little ****. 

Edit - I can’t believe I forgot to mention Dahlin!

Edited by BillsFan4

Kadri was offered an in-person hearing. So I’m guessing the suspension will be at least 3 games, maybe more with him being s repeat offender (and doing something similar in last year’s playoff series against the bruins).

Refs let the game get out of hand last night. They missed some big calls, too.  

58 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Skill type players that really do not like getting hit (obviously the leafs have more skill, not trying to compare that). 

Hopefully when guys like Asplund, Samuelsson, Borgen, Pekar etc. are ready (assuming they ever are) it’ll add more of that much needed grit. 

I am anxious to see Ristolainen in the playoff. He loves to play a physical game.

IMO that’s when he’s at his best - battling it out with a guy like Ovechkin, when things start getting chippy. 

I’d like to see what Eichel looks like in the playoffs, too. There were a few games this year where he was throwing his body around and playing more physical. He has such a competitive spirit. I could definitely see him turn up the intensity in the playoffs. 

Skinner is another one I’d like to see in the playoffs. He’s a feisty little ****. 

I had the same three in mind as well. Risto, Skinner, and Eichel (when he’s inspired) can all play with the required edge for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

When you look at the list of the young players you noted and you add them to the list of first year players such as Dahlin, Pilut, Olofsson, Tage and Mitts you see a promising young group materializing. The issue is what is the best strategy to develop each prospect. From what I have seen of Borgen I believe he will be ready for the big club next year along with Pilut. Mitts might not be ready as a second center but he should be ready as a third center and eventually emerge as second center. Tage might not become a second line player but he should be able to become an established third line and power play player.  

There is a delicate balance between adding and subtracting pieces and developing what you have. Does the GM use this offseason to be bold or does he place more emphasis on allowing the talent in the organization to naturally work its way up? My instinct is that he is going to have to make some major moves to add a few high end outside talent so this team can experience some success instead of being contaminated by a poisonous atmosphere of frequently losing. 

My priority is to construct a credible second line so that the remaining players will be pushed down to where they should be slotted. Too many players are playing on a line above where they should be. 

• Like (+1) 1