Caffeine Intake

Caffeine   

60 members have voted

1. 1. What is your main source of Caffine?

2. 2. How many times per day do you drink caffeinated beverages?

13 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Just double checked a box of Arm and Hammer in the fridge. Caffeine is not an ingredient. 

Silly boy, baking soda and soda pop ain't even the same state of matter. Soda (liquid) is a refreshing beverage. Baking soda (solid powder) is what you mix with coke to make rock. Which, BTW, is a much more fun picker-upper than coffee.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Two mugs of strong, black, freshly-ground coffee first thing in the morning, and then a mug of green tea with ginseng and honey for a late-morning pick-me-up. (I counted that as twice a day.) No caffeine after that, or I'll have trouble sleeping.

Used to drink coffee at 7 am, 10 am, and 2 pm.  Around age 40 I cut out the 2 pm cup.  At age 50 I cut out the 10 am cup. The caffeine was making me jittery, and the acidity was upsetting my stomach.  I enjoy drinking coffee. I hope I can continue to drink at least one cup a day.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

For many years, I drank coffee all day long.  I take it black/no sugar - so I'd drink half a cup, then go top it off (at work) ... all day long, every day. 

I've been at my current job for about 3.5 years.  Shortly after I started, I stopped drinking so much coffee.  For the last few years, I no longer drink coffee at work.  I drink two cups in the morning after getting ready for work, then take a 3rd cup on the road - which I finish right when I'm pulling into work every day.  Then I'm done till the next morning.

I didn't even try.  It wasn't even a concern or a thought.  It just happened. 

Weekends I'll drink 4-5 cups per day, though.

This is Gugny inviting his friend to sit down and enjoy a cup 'o Joe:

God, Airplane! was the greatest movie ever!

Oh... BTW...  I have drank about a teaspoon of coffee in my whole 51 years of existence.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

Two cups of coffee a day and no more. One first thing on a morning when I get into the office then another around 10:45am. 

Absolutely no caffeine after midday otherwise I'm bouncing off the walls come evening time when I want to be chilling out.

Despite this I still get headaches if I get to about 11am if I haven't had a coffee. It's a strong, strong drug. 

When I buy cola I get the sugar and caffeine free Pepsi.  

Edited by BritBill

20 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Caffeine pill as soon as I wake up.  Three cups of coffee - two at the beginning of shift and one at lunch.  An energy drink a couple hours after lunch.

Red bull vodkas at the bar sometimes.

how do you "decompress" to go back to normal life?

i've billed 14 hour days the last 15 days straight, with a deadline Friday

just got an extension for a month, now I have to re-enter normal life....

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

how do you "decompress" to go back to normal life?

i've billed 14 hour days the last 15 days straight, with a deadline Friday

just got an extension for a month, now I have to re-enter normal life....

Alcohol. Lots of it. 

If that's not your style then my backup plan is typically melatonin, blackout curtains, and a white noise machine with breaks for reading a novel, preferably fantasy or mystery. 

And of course, if possible, vacation to somewhere warm with scantily-clad women. 

11 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Alcohol. Lots of it. 

If that's not your style then my backup plan is typically melatonin, blackout curtains, and a white noise machine with breaks for reading a novel, preferably fantasy or mystery. 

And of course, if possible, vacation to somewhere warm with scantily-clad women. 

booze wouldn't help for this feeling right now, of being totally rinsed out.... a state of bugged=out agita and some vital organs hurting...

i have a month extension, which means it will be a nightmare starting by Thursday