The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

? uhhh???? Now I am really confused. The same dude  who answered 37 times he could not remember in writing because he refused to sit down for an interview was somehow denied the ability to challenge assertions? 

Trump = Trump's attorneys. There was no cross examination of any witness or testimony provided. That's not how this report works - it's purposefully a one sided document. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

@plenzmd1 There are two reports... volume 1 (the one that clears him) and volume 2 (the opinion piece). Guess which ones the MSM has been reporting?

Honestly? If you are not going to take the time to read the source documents yourself, you are never going to understand what has happened. When people say it was a soft-coup, they are not exaggerating. President Trump committed no crimes. After two years of having his underwear examined, they came up with nothing. Zip, nada, zero. Nothing.

I am shocked as I did not believe he was that clean. I am also shocked as I truly expected the SC "dream team" to manufacturer something so they could charge him with a crime.

If I were you I would hold off on being so shocked.  Meuller certainly didn't claim Trump was very clean, as you have apparently read but failed to believe.  Given time, if those other investigations into Trump's activities are allowed to proceed, I strongly believe that you will see that he is not all that clean.  Do I know that for certain?  No, I don't.  Let's wait and see what is found.... but please don't overlook or discount Trump's interference into the investigations if it occurs.

With respect to the Meuller report, it sort of seems like you are saying the parts clearing Trump are solid but the parts pointing out his misdeeds are not.  I think it would be more fair to either trust the report or not, rather than trusting the parts you like.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

If I were you I would hold off on being so shocked.  Meuller certainly didn't claim Trump was very clean, as you have apparently read but failed to believe.  Given time, if those other investigations into Trump's activities are allowed to proceed, I strongly believe that you will see that he is not all that clean.

Like you "strongly believed" he was conspiring with Russia against his own country? 

Your analysis has been spot on so far, Bob. 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump = Trump's attorneys. There was no cross examination of any witness or testimony provided. That's not how this report works - it's purposefully a one sided document. 

okay..but on the one hand you say Mueller was not in for a hit job on Trump, but on the other say it was a one-sided political document. 

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

If I were you I would hold off on being so shocked.  Meuller certainly didn't claim Trump was very clean, as you have apparently read but failed to believe.  Given time, if those other investigations into Trump's activities are allowed to proceed, I strongly believe that you will see that he is not all that clean.  Do I know that for certain?  No, I don't.  Let's wait and see what is found.... but please don't overlook or discount Trump's interference into the investigations if it occurs.

With respect to the Meuller report, it sort of seems like you are saying the parts clearing Trump are solid but the parts pointing out his misdeeds are not.  I think it would be more fair to either trust the report or not, rather than trusting the parts you like.

No, I am not saying that at all. The Mueller Report, Volume 1 that was specifics about the investigation ("typos" or "flagrant date misstatements" notwithstanding) cleared President Donald Trump of trying to steal an election by conspiring with foreign entities (ie, Russia).  

Volume 2 is an opinion piece full of hearsay, partisan conjecture,  etc. It has been stated that Volume 2 is "unprecedented" in being released as that is not what a special counsel does.  Whatever reason for its being written and released *cough* that is what the MSM is repeating and running with.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

okay..but on the one hand you say Mueller was not in for a hit job on Trump, but on the other say it was a one-sided political document. 

Mueller is not his team. 

Mueller ran his team - and allowed his team to believe he was in on it with them to "get Trump" while he was watching them/isolating them. 

Mueller's team of investigators were dirty, and were writing a hit piece - while Mueller and Horowitz were watching and logging every corner they cut, every lie they hid, and every crime they committed. 

Go back to the day before Mueller was hired and his meeting with Trump and RR in the oval office. The deal was offered there: do what we're asking or go down with the rest of them.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Mueller is not his team. 

Mueller ran his team - and allowed his team to believe he was in on it with them to "get Trump" while he was watching them/isolating them. 

Mueller's team of investigators were dirty, and were writing a hit piece - while Mueller and Horowitz were watching and logging every corner they cut, every lie they hid, and every crime they committed. 

Go back to the day before Mueller was hired and his meeting with Trump and RR in the oval office. The deal was offered there: do what we're asking or go down with the rest of them.

I'd like to see you be right about that. I still think Mueller and RR are creeps. I am hoping to be proven wrong about that very soon. ?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'd like to see you be right about that. I still think Mueller and RR are creeps. I am hoping to be proven wrong about that very soon. ?

Whether Mueller was an active participant or not, I'm 99% that the watching and logging of Horowitz was happening. The Mueller take is a big swing, I still feel good about it though. And while I stopped trying to figure out RR, it is clear that without RR doing what he's done the past two years, McCabe would still be running not only the Mueller probe but the FBI counter intel investigation into Trump. RR took both those out of McCabe's hands and he fired Comey. 

I'm VERY interested to see what RR has really been up to all this time. Because even with all the above, I could see him being a rat in the end. Mueller too.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Whether Mueller was an active participant or not, I'm 99% that the watching and logging of Horowitz was happening. The Mueller take is a big swing, I still feel good about it though. And while I stopped trying to figure out RR, it is clear that without RR doing what he's done the past two years, McCabe would still be running not only the Mueller probe but the FBI counter intel investigation into Trump. RR took both those out of McCabe's hands and he fired Comey. 

I'm VERY interested to see what RR has really been up to all this time. Because even with all the above, I could see him being a rat in the end. Mueller too.

I am used to you and your big swings..and love em!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Bob, what in the world makes you think it’s even remotely acceptable for US investigative bodies to initiate probes into Americans with no prior evidence of wrongdoing on which to predicate the investigation, with the hopes of turning up criminal activity?

Thats the antithesis of justice, and is incompatible with a free society which elects it’s leaders using democratic principles.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 8

18 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am used to you and your big swings..and love em!!!

It's time for us all to recognize that virtually every part of this debacle was political. We go from Obama and Clinton mocking Trump for concerns about the integrity of the election, to Clinton and the dems losing their collective minds about the integrity of the elections once she lost, to learning that Obama and his crew were asleep at the wheel--and worse yet, awake at the wheel---while the russians were doing what governments do, to nearly 900 straight days of the might and power of the US government kicking in doors, going through the dumpsters, conspiring with BWBI (Brits with Bad Intent) to "Hey we didn't find anything that we could do anything about" (V1) to "That somnabitch may have been thinking about something we don't like" as if they are the political descendants of Chairman Mao. 

If you're comfortable with the thought of a political party acting like the KGB, of jerking around for 50% of the term of a president being wasted on bs that has been adjudicated as "it is what it is", and of round 2 for the dems being to push their agenda and hamstring the president on thought crimes--just be careful what you wish for.  We know--with certainty, what Obama, Clinton, DOJ et al did.  If the new approach to politicking has to be "Win at all costs", no one wins--exept of course, the extermists on one side or the other.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It's time for us all to recognize that virtually every part of this debacle was political. We go from Obama and Clinton mocking Trump for concerns about the integrity of the election, to Clinton and the dems losing their collective minds about the integrity of the elections once she lost, to learning that Obama and his crew were asleep at the wheel--and worse yet, awake at the wheel---while the russians were doing what governments do, to nearly 900 straight days of the might and power of the US government kicking in doors, going through the dumpsters, conspiring with BWBI (Brits with Bad Intent) to "Hey we didn't find anything that we could do anything about" (V1) to "That somnabitch may have been thinking about something we don't like" as if they are the political descendants of Chairman Mao. 

If you're comfortable with the thought of a political party acting like the KGB, of jerking around for 50% of the term of a president being wasted on bs that has been adjudicated as "it is what it is", and of round 2 for the dems being to push their agenda and hamstring the president on thought crimes--just be careful what you wish for.  We know--with certainty, what Obama, Clinton, DOJ et al did.  If the new approach to politicking has to be "Win at all costs", no one wins--exept of course, the extermists on one side or the other.

Hey, let's not forget Obama and Clinton mocking Trump for refusing to say if he'd accept the results of the election if he lost, to Clinton refusing to accept the results of the election she lost...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Somehow I get the distinct impression that you would revel in the fact that Trump was guilty as hell about anything. It's not like you're rooting for Trump's policies to not work out but that you are rooting for Trump the person to fail. I bet that would send a tingle down your leg.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

what you're looking for is unreasonable Bobaloney.  I am confident in stating that if you allowed the opposition unrestricted access to everything that happens in every administration, the average term for a president would by 6 days, 4 hours and 11 minutes.  The average tenure of the director of the CIA would be 48 seconds.  

Trump is the hero here, warts and all. 

42 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

It is, it's a prosecutorial account.

Google up the names of all the lawyers that were brought on by Mueller and you will see that virtually are all prosecutors.  This is an account from a prosecutors point of view regarding the allegations of criminal conspiracy to interfere in the elections and of obstruction of justice.   You aren't going to find a balanced take, just a prosecutors document on their findings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure if you guys are familiar with regulators, but I used to work as a commodities trader and we would have periodic audits conducted by the CFTC and they would essentially camp out at our office for about a week to see if everything was on the up and up and equally important find things to fine you on.   It is a regulators job to find infractions, so anything that can be construed or misconstrued as an infraction will be charged as such.  Coming up empty when you work as a regulator almost has the appearance from a regulators point of view of them not doing their job or being unremarkable.    Just apply that logic to the Special Counsel, in such a high profile case coming up with nothing would be highly embarrassing for them.

Mind you that most of the people Mueller brought on are Democrats, including Andrew Weismann who was one of the main authors of the report who sent an email praising Sally Yates about "how brave" and "in awe" she was to stand up to Trump for his immigration ban and attended Hillary Clinton's  2016 election night "Victory" party.   

With all that in mind, I guarantee you that if they had known 22 months ago that if they conducted an exhaustive investigation such as the one they did and it ended up with no recommendations or conclusive evidence regarding Russian collusion or obstruction of justice, they would have been very disappointed.    

Also, I found this to be pretty interesting. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/04/21/dershowitz_media_gets_f_grade_on_mueller_coverage_cnn_chose_to_trust_avenatti_over_me.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2